The world holds its breath

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    CNN just showing an article on how hawaians can survive a nuclear attack :roll:
    not overly dramatic at all 'mericans' are they

No worse than the average Brit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Trump's been staying up late watching re-runs of MASH. Someone needs to tell him its not real.

Or is it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    North korea cant attack and wont unless there backs are against the wall and hae no way out as it would be sucide. The us cant attack either as there ally will suffer dearly and they dont have assets in the area.

Miltary strikes therefore wont happen.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Logic in an illogical time.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Pity we can't get the two loons to fight each other to decide?

Might bring about peace rather quickly if they have skin in the shame
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Slowmart wrote:

Harry Hill style. What a good idea. :D
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Slowmart wrote:

Could be an appropriate bout for the McGregor Mayweather undercard.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    it not logic we all know trump is all bluster and u.s military deployments tell us the u.s is not ready for war. There is one carrier just docked in Japan and few other surface ships in the area. A handful of B1 bombers in guam is enough for a pointless show of force but no where near enough to dent the norths miltary capability. The north has enough artilary to level seoul in day even though they may choose another target. the americans dont have enough force deployed to mount a retaliary invasion and would the S. Koreans be minded to after having there capital destroyed. The dear leader is showing more logic than trump is and the generals will be telling trump this is the nicest possible way.

Also there is a risk if the U.S attacks China may retailiate and that does not have to military then can turn the screws economically (although that will hurt china a bit as well) and the U.S can't take on China as well.

This is not logic it is reality. Think about it Trump has already pleaded with the mexican president not to keep saying Mexico wont pay for the wall. He is not in a strong position. Also congress has got to supply funds for a war, will they I doubt it.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    it not logic we all know trump is all bluster and u.s military deployments tell us the u.s is not ready for war. There is one carrier just docked in Japan and few other surface ships in the area. A handful of B1 bombers in guam is enough for a pointless show of force but no where near enough to dent the norths miltary capability. The north has enough artilary to level seoul in day even though they may choose another target. the americans dont have enough force deployed to mount a retaliary invasion and would the S. Koreans be minded to after having there capital destroyed. The dear leader is showing more logic than trump is and the generals will be telling trump this is the nicest possible way.

Also there is a risk if the U.S attacks China may retailiate and that does not have to military then can turn the screws economically (although that will hurt china a bit as well) and the U.S can't take on China as well.

This is not logic it is reality. Think about it Trump has already pleaded with the mexican president not to keep saying Mexico wont pay for the wall. He is not in a strong position. Also congress has got to supply funds for a war, will they I doubt it.
    Could Trump /Bannan et al, be escalating the rhetoric to take heat off Russia investigation? I don't do conspiracy theories, but I'm beginning to think being illogical is the only way to understand what's going on?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,270
    North korea cant attack and wont unless there backs are against the wall and hae no way out as it would be sucide. The us cant attack either as there ally will suffer dearly and they dont have assets in the area.

Miltary strikes therefore wont happen.

That is as sound as the Blackadder logic explaining why the Great War wouldn't start.
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    In the red corner, short fat nutter. In the blue corner self centered sociopath nutter.

One feels cornered and puffs chest, the other is a bully.

Both need to have regime change. Nothing we can do, so forget it and ride until you see the mushroom cloud
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Thought Crimea was going to be the next new WW3? Ah, so 2014 innit. Next.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    orraloon wrote:
    Thought Crimea was going to be the next new WW3? Ah, so 2014 innit. Next.
    Crimea didn't directly affect 'Mericans.
    This is much more likely. Unless one of them comes out with "Psych!".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    From the BBC "In 1984 - at the height of the Cold War - Mr Trump even told a Washington Post interviewer he wanted to be put in charge of US-Russia nuclear arms negotiations.
    "It would take an hour-and-a-half to learn everything there is to learn about missiles," Mr Trump said. "I think I know most of it anyway.""

Phew and i thought he was just winging it with NK
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    President Trump on Friday offered a fresh threat of force against North Korea, writing on Twitter that “military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded” if the regime of Kim Jong Un should “act unwisely.”

trump tweet 2012
    Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!
    7:30 AM - 17 Oct 2012
  • At this rate, if they continue testing, they'll have nothing left to fire (or any money)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • At this rate, if they continue testing, they'll have nothing left to fire (or any money)
    was thinking that, as soon as they get a working model of anything, they blow it up!...
    On a more serious note, the more you learn about the NK mindset, it seems they just want to be taken seriously as a nation, hopefully one day they'll end up following the chinese model (although maybe not perfect to western eyes) and slowly integrate into the standard world model, if we allow them to have their way with nuclear weapons?

I thought the whole point of a nuclear deterrent was that you never need to fire it.
  • I was discussing this with TDV the other night so I posed the question:"if Trump did decide to go and pop off his nukes and everyone else was against him, would someone just slot him for the benefit of all?"

We decided that yeah, probably.

Obviously there are massive protocols around this stuff, but Commander in Chief or not, if some imptuos fool has got his hand on the button against the advice of all his staff and without the requisite political backing then it's more than likely he's gonna go down like BHS....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • NK are too small follow the Chinese model of world domination! They will never own American debt and buy up swathes of resource rich African states. They won't own whole Australian mining towns, stripping them of their resources.

No, NK are less of a problem in the long term.
  • Successful nuclear tests are a good sign. If the Koreans can deliver a bomb, there will never be a war. If they can't, you can bet the Americans will bomb them. Looks like it is a bit late to stop them now.

The Western world is essentially coward... we would only bomb a country who can't defend itself. We struggle to come to term with a terrorist killing 10, can you imagine how we would cope with a nuke killing tens of thousands?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Successful nuclear tests are a good sign. If the Koreans can deliver a bomb, there will never be a war. If they can't, you can bet the Americans will bomb them. Looks like it is a bit late to stop them now.

The Western world is essentially coward... we would only bomb a country who can't defend itself. We struggle to come to term with a terrorist killing 10, can you imagine how we would cope with a nuke killing tens of thousands?

Even without nuclear weapons, they already have the capability to kill massive numbers in Seoul. They would lose any war, but this is their current deterrence against invasion/regime change. Developing a nuclear deterrent capable of hitting the USA is logical if they think that what they have will not deter the current USA regime.
  • and you have Trumpet criticising the SK's for their appeasement of NK, ridiculous aint it Donald that a country doesn't want to go to war with its neighbour.. I mean, what's the world coming to
  • this you have a bomb test so we'll have a military drill and fire off a load of rockets, is sooo macho :roll: , and open to mis-interpretation by the other side, how humanity has progressed since stone age/middle ages eh :?
  • this you have a bomb test so we'll have a military drill and fire off a load of rockets, is sooo macho :roll: , and open to mis-interpretation by the other side, how humanity has progressed since stone age/middle ages eh :?

I don't think civilisation is here to get rid of wars. In the west of Europe we enjoyed a peaceful 70 years so we now think there will never be another war? Wars define the history of mankind... when you study history you basically study wars and political rearragements. It's not going to change, unfortunately
    left the forum March 2023

I don't think civilisation is here to get rid of wars. In the west of Europe we enjoyed a peaceful 70 years so we now think there will never be another war? Wars define the history of mankind... when you study history you basically study wars and political rearragements. It's not going to change, unfortunately
    Yup, as long as there are have's and have nots, there will be fighting, if the purpose of the individual is to continue his own gene line, what role does group civilisation play in that if not to enable individuals to safely continue their evolutionary line?
  • Wars isn't about haves and have-nots it's more about a national tribalism. It's conflict between one group of haves and have-nots against another group of haves and have-nots. Often the have-nots are the ones doing the fighting with a few haves leading them.

If not a form of tribalism based on where you live it's a form based on religion. Or a combination. It's not a class based issue or it would be war within a nation surely? Just like the bolsheviks in Russia. Don't see too many of those wars.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    We can stop panicking, apparently Dennis Rodman is going to act as a mediator in this and have a little chat with his mate Kim Jong-Un. The future of the world is in safe hands!
  • Pross wrote:
    We can stop panicking, apparently Dennis Rodman is going to act as a mediator in this and have a little chat with his mate Kim Jong-Un. The future of the world is in safe hands!
    Phew relief, I thought for a second you were going to say that the 'president' was going to negotiate personally, at least it's a grown up going to see him
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Pross wrote:
    Phew relief, I thought for a second you were going to say that the 'president' was going to negotiate personally, at least it's a grown up going to see him

He might be a big bloke but I don't think anyone has ever mistaken Rodman for a grown up before!!