Instagramme
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,390
    What is the surface like Davidof?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    What is the surface like Davidof?

Not as good as the Strada Bianchi in Italy but at pro speeds they will probably not notice.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • What's the climb like from the other side? Looking at accommodation in Aviernoz.
  • davidof
    What's the climb like from the other side? Looking at accommodation in Aviernoz.

From Grand Bo? Nasty, short and brutish.
    Instagramme
  • No, I meant the other side. The side they would descend. Mind you, now looking at staying on Bonneville. That way I can get to the Plateau des Glières or the Columbiere. I can then decide on the day, just in case they do something like they did on the Mur de Péguère this year.
  • davidof
    No, I meant the other side. The side they would descend. Mind you, now looking at staying on Bonneville. That way I can get to the Plateau des Glières or the Columbiere. I can then decide on the day, just in case they do something like they did on the Mur de Péguère this year.

If you go to Bonneville can I recommend the plateau de Solaison climbs - there are a couple of good routes to do. The Col du Solaison via Thuet and Brizon and the climb from Marnaz to Mont Saxonnex then past the ski area up to Morsulaz and les Frachets, return Gorges du Bronze (technical and narrow descent) to Bonneville.

Be careful the valley road D1025 is busy with lots of bad drivers, avoid as much as possible. I don't remember if they've put a cycle path down the side.
    Instagramme
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    Pave and strade hnnnngggggg
    :lol:
  • davidof wrote:
    Be careful the valley road D1025 is busy with lots of bad drivers, avoid as much as possible. I don't remember if they've put a cycle path down the side.

Could always sling the bike in the car and drive to Cluses, ride up the climb from there. Thanks for that.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    davidof wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Col de Glieres would be an idea for an SB col

ob_e7bd50_20160622-008.jpg

and the winner is !

The more I look at that picture the more beautiful it looks.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.