Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday third rule is, don't talk to commies

sungodsungod Posts: 13,787
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cafe, wtdf, later off out with mrs s, i was aiming for a curry but got overruled

weather seems a bit on the cool side, at least it dried out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler here believe it or not the central heating has just come on, the dogs as had his walk, breakfast, bike ride ,hospital in that order
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    Morning all!
    Calamitous week. Our butcher of choice for the last few years has closed permanently. Had to scour the area for a suitable replacement. We carnivores chez Bally take our meat very seriously. :lol:
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,834
    Tired. Managed to oversleep but still got the train so looks like its brekkie at my desk.

    Got quite a few meetings today then it's booze cruise evening on the Thames with the minions. Should be good fun. We're going to see if we can get our visitors from the Kingdom of Far Far Away a little bit wrecked :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,834
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(
    Never heard of him so you should be able to get them. I bagged some tickets recently to go see The Wurzels, no problem :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(
    Never heard of him so you should be able to get them. I bagged some tickets recently to go see The Wurzels, no problem :P

    He's probably not as big as the Wurzels. You never know, he may pop up as their support act. :wink:
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,240
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(
    Yep, chances are good Bally.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(

    Depends how fast your yacht is :D

    Bit hot bla bla must go paint something.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,731
    Morning. Work then dads taxi duties again.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,137
    Stevo 666 wrote:

    then it's booze cruise evening on the Thames with the minions. Should be good fun. We're going to see if we can get our visitors from the Kingdom of Far Far Away a little bit wrecked :twisted:


    corbyn-640354.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I don't know.

    It feels a bit weird. Still, tea and porridge for breakfast is one certainty then I plan to get out on the bike.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    When you say "commies" are you referring to Commuters ?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Tube today as I had no lights with me to ride home after going out for dinner last night - schoolboy error. I fcuking hate the tube. New Pinno-recommended tyres arrive today, so I might see if they pop onto my rims nice and easily ready for the ride home.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,085
    Nice ride into work, if a little too early to leave

    Later will be short as won't be home till late and will then just want good
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,337
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tube today as I had no lights with me to ride home after going out for dinner last night

    One of the fab things in Amsterdam is that the railway secure bike parking (a beautiful thing in itself) had vending machines with cheap bike lights.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,787
    fat daddy wrote:
    When you say "commies" are you referring to Commuters ?

    no, it's definitely the reds, as trump junior et al. should have known

    fourth rule is eat kosher salamis
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,834
    Slowmart wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

    then it's booze cruise evening on the Thames with the minions. Should be good fun. We're going to see if we can get our visitors from the Kingdom of Far Far Away a little bit wrecked :twisted:


    corbyn-640354.jpg
    No problem, he said he would never use them :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,834
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Got an email last night reminding me that tickets for Joe Bonamassa go on sail today at 9am.
    What chance that I get any tickets? :(
    Never heard of him so you should be able to get them. I bagged some tickets recently to go see The Wurzels, no problem :P

    He's probably not as big as the Wurzels. You never know, he may pop up as their support act. :wink:
    We probably wouldn't notice. It's just an excuse to drink cider and sing along to TLWs theme tune :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tube today as I had no lights with me to ride home after going out for dinner last night

    One of the fab things in Amsterdam is that the railway secure bike parking (a beautiful thing in itself) had vending machines with cheap bike lights.

    They would have been most welcome!
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Popped the Pinno tyres on - I am pleased I have a koolstop tyre jack as my rims seem designed to prevent easy fitting of all brands of tyre.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,834
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tube today as I had no lights with me to ride home after going out for dinner last night - schoolboy error. I fcuking hate the tube. New Pinno-recommended tyres arrive today, so I might see if they pop onto my rims nice and easily ready for the ride home.
    I have my bike lights attached to my bike, it kinda helps me avoid forgetting them :wink: Mind you, I tend to avoid pedalling home after food and/or drink in town are involved. Like tonight - 4 hours of free drink and food on a boat so it's public transport for me, once we've chucked our visitors in a taxi with their hotel address stapled to their jackets :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I have my bike lights attached to my bike, it kinda helps me avoid forgetting them :wink: Mind you, I tend to avoid pedalling home after food and/or drink in town are involved. Like tonight - 4 hours of free drink and food on a boat so it's public transport for me, once we've chucked our visitors in a taxi with their hotel address stapled to their jackets :)

    So do I when it's winter, but this time of year I'd rather have the uncluttered handlebars. I stick them on if it's p*ssing it down though. I meant to take them yesterday, just forgot. Remember I'm off booze just now, so no issue riding home slowly after eating.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,682 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow start as we had a meeting at the daughter's school at 10. She is doing very well considering she is only there half the time. She did really well in all her exams, even the one I told her to fail in. Only downside is they don't want her to take up art again as it is too heavy a workload for her current state. I tend to agree with them, but she may be upset. But they said she is good enough that they would let her into an A level without the GCSE. So all good really.
    As a result of all that I've been madly trying to catch up since I got in. My head hurts now and I'm hungry as I haven't had lunch.
    Does anyone remember the programme Banzai? Used to be on late aimed at drunk blokes. Interactive TV before there was the technology to interact with the TV. Used to have various scenarios that you would bet with your mates on.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Lovely tyres Pinno. Big thumbs up from me. Looking forward to doing a longer ride than just the commute.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    As a result of all that I've been madly trying to catch up since I got in. My head hurts now and I'm hungry as I haven't had lunch.
    Does anyone remember the programme Banzai? Used to be on late aimed at drunk blokes. Interactive TV before there was the technology to interact with the TV. Used to have various scenarios that you would bet with your mates on.

    Low blood glucose causes one to talk bollix, but then again... :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • crumbschiefcrumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I remember Banzai that was funny at the time,reminded me of Eurotrash in a way
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Glad i had my lights today. Caught in an absolute torrent about three miles from home.

    Weekend starts here though
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,085
    Pub avoidance done for the week and tomorrow service will resume. Hate to say it though, much more fun taking the run rats into the woods with their mountain bikes and go-kart

    I need to buy the adult version of the go-kart......
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pub avoidance done for the week and tomorrow service will resume. Hate to say it though, much more fun taking the run rats into the woods with their mountain bikes and go-kart

    I need to buy the adult version of the go-kart......

    What, a car?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,085
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pub avoidance done for the week and tomorrow service will resume. Hate to say it though, much more fun taking the run rats into the woods with their mountain bikes and go-kart

    I need to buy the adult version of the go-kart......

    What, a car?

    :)

    https://www.allterrainkart.co.uk/collec ... 0wodE0wCuQ
Sign In or Register to comment.