saturday let's drink raki to oblivion

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    i believe it's what was used in primitive times, before rim brakes
    :D
    If I ever get sign off for n+1, I'm going to get me one of those new fangled rim brake bikes. I hear they stop you when you want them to as long as it's dry, and only grind through your rims just a tiny little bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    It's not stopped piddling since I put the washing out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'm saddened, just learned that one off the voices of my youth is deid; Barry Norman.
  • pinno
  • Garry H
    Best theme tune ever. Billy Taylor
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Same here. Managed to order a pair of new cycling gloves though.

Wake up SG, Valverde has hit the deck.

saw that bit, but tbh don't like seeing people crash, seems he's out of the tour now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Jon Izaguirre's out as well. Same corner
  • pinno
    I guess that was a negative Ion.

I'll get my coat.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Same here. Managed to order a pair of new cycling gloves though.

Wake up SG, Valverde has hit the deck.

Oi! There's a thread for that kinda stuff!
    Do you mean The Dull Feckers thread? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Never mind the bollox, Best of: SLF, Stranglers, Undertones, Guns n Roses, Oasis, Depeche Mode. And some assorted 80s mixes. Got some.of the punk stuff on vinyl but need 'em for the car trips up North.

Not bad that, apart from the Undertones that is and i hope you didn't get any of the early Depeche Mode Stuff! Hope it's post Vince Clarke, or my opinion of you will take a nosedive :D
    Sounds like its all Dave Gahan, so no worries.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    EPO left the party about 10pm, I've just got in. Could be in the dog house. Wish me luck.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where are you touring? :)

On quiet roads through beautiful country side I expect. How's Bromley.
    Not bad - leafy suburbia 10 miles from central London and the same distance the other way to some great pedalling countryside in the North Downs. Best of both worlds :wink:

Good news - my big order of 80's & punk CDs have arrived so will have plenty to pass the hours in the car tomorow.
    Bad news - got called up for jury service. In bloody Croydon.

I too have been pinged for jury service. Had to get it deferred til October because of holiday commitments.
    Never mind. Shouldn't be much of a strain on me to arrive at a guilty verdict. Perhaps I could save the court the time and bother and just post my verdict in?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not bad - leafy suburbia 10 miles from central London and the same distance the other way to some great pedalling countryside in the North Downs. Best of both worlds :wink:

Good news - my big order of 80's & punk CDs have arrived so will have plenty to pass the hours in the car tomorow.

I too have been pinged for jury service. Had to get it deferred til October because of holiday commitments.
    Never mind. Shouldn't be much of a strain on me to arrive at a guilty verdict. Perhaps I could save the court the time and bother and just post my verdict in?
    What date in Croydon!? :shock: FYI I wasn't wearing anything under my mac because it was an unusually hot day for February.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It starts the week after I get back from holiday at the end of August so will end up being 4 weeks out of the office :) Minions on standby...

If its an Irish bloke from Wimbledon on some sort indecency charge then I'll just send him down.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What date in Croydon!? :shock: FYI I wasn't wearing anything under my mac because it was an unusually hot day for February.

Terrible how these coincidences occur. My mate was on Clapham Common with similar attire. He bumped into a young mute girl who enquired via sign language as to what 'that thing was'.
    He said he would show her - behind that bush. They done him because he threatened to chop off her first finger so she couldn't tell Mum.
  • ballysmate
    Heart goes out to Ron Davies who only wanted to watch badgers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... avies.html
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Personally, unless an MP has a vested interest, acts fraudulently or is doing something illegal, I don't give a farq who they shag and what they do in their private lives.
    That's just me.
    In the modern UK with civil partnerships and equal rights, the press act if they are exclusive to any moral conduct. The whole Ron Davies/Clapham Common fiasco was driven by the Sun. Total hypocrisy - titillate the audience with pics of half naked women and then go to town on some gay MP that needs help more than anything.
    Perhaps he has made successive wives miserable because that's the done thing and being clearly gay is not a good career move for a politician.
    With the amount of personal invasion that an MP has to put up with (Ummuna for example), is is any wonder we get that shower currently residing at Westminster?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Personally, unless an MP has a vested interest, acts fraudulently or is doing something illegal, I don't give a farq who they shag and what they do in their private lives.
    That's just me.
    In the modern UK with civil partnerships and equal rights, the press act if they are exclusive to any moral conduct. The whole Ron Davies/Clapham Common fiasco was driven by the Sun. Total hypocrisy - titillate the audience with pics of half naked women and then go to town on some gay MP that needs help more than anything.
    Perhaps he has made successive wives miserable because that's the done thing and being clearly gay is not a good career move for a politician.
    With the amount of personal invasion that an MP has to put up with (Ummuna for example), is is any wonder we get that shower currently residing at Westminster?

Perhaps he was looking for a good looking badger that was gagging for it.
  • pinno
    At least he would actually know how accurate the term, 'rough as a badg...