saturday let's drink raki to oblivion

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,101
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

up and down round and round, cafes, gianduja, more brekkie

gloomygrey out

unaccountably pining for istanbul and the terrace of the conrad with the endless supply of nibbles and free raki and the lovely views that pulse and shift and gradually blur until reality goes wobbly and one gives up on the idea of dinner and staggers back to the room to slip into a coma
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, grey here as well Sungod
    That's one hell of a good idea by the way, drinking to oblivion.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Great night out with the the wife last night with plenty of wine :)

Youngest is away, so eldest came in to talk way too early. Going for a 15 mile run in a minute that involves picking up the car

Later is dad's taxi then a local beer and cider festival - it's going to be painful
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Are we having melon with the raki?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Ride

Tour

Drink

Weather is ok over here Pinno.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Crisp sunny day. Snoozed in the sun for a bit. Scored big time on way back from lunch... new build house around the road had a pile of left-over bricks in the front yard with a "Free" sign on them. We need some, so a couple of trips later they're now stacked ready for use. Saved us about 600 bucks. 8) Win!

May have a drink or three, but not raki.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    Are we having melon with the raki?

well, that was a cold and windy ride, i ordered a july but i think we've got an october by mistake

not keen on melon, but you can have my share, usually prefer the savoury meze, given how cold it is here a bowl of turkish spicy lentil soup would be good

idiot runner ran across the road in front of me at regents park, he ended up looking pathetic in front of his mates twice, once for doing it and once more for being comprehensively outsworn by me :D

tried the new homemade biscotti at local cafe, another one to add to the list of postride snacks, think it might go well with raki
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    Garry H wrote:
    Ride

Tour

Drink

Where are you touring? :)

Busyish day today ferrying Strifey and Stropteen around, fettling The Panzer, getting my hair lopped off and sorting some stuff for the frozen North tomorrow. Could do with some exercise as well but unlikely to have time for that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    A crawl round various Good Beer Guide pubs in Reading this afternoon followed by eats n more beers this evening. Tough I know, but hey I'll give it a go.
  • meanredspider
    Day +9 all going OK though she has a temp spike today. Nurses say it's a "miracle" she's not had one before now.

I got out on the bike yesterday for a swift 30k up the busway and back. Great to get out. Legs haven't gone totally AWOL.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Morning folks,
    Wedding anniversary today, forgot to get a card but out for lunch later. Went to get pastries for late breakfast, bumped into the lad on the way back, still in black tie carrying a 5 litre leg of Hobgoblin having pulled an all nighter. Chip off the old block that one.
    Lunch later then out to a party with a short break for a school reunion at a pub. Could get messy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:

On quiet roads through beautiful country side I expect. How's Bromley?

Me doing toots stuff with inherent arbitration plus loads of washing now the sun has appeared.
    Went to pick the OH at 9.40pm last night. Sun was out and I wore sunglasses for the drive. Towards the West, the sky was a pale yellow which turned slowly to a deep orange, then burnt amber. Stunning.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Happy Anniversary V68!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    Happy Anniversary V68!

+1 have a fab day
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Cycled to the Saturday market today for the second day in a row :D

Sunday tomorrow, right?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

On quiet roads through beautiful country side I expect. How's Bromley.
    Not bad - leafy suburbia 10 miles from central London and the same distance the other way to some great pedalling countryside in the North Downs. Best of both worlds :wink:

Good news - my big order of 80's & punk CDs have arrived so will have plenty to pass the hours in the car tomorow.
    Bad news - got called up for jury service. In bloody Croydon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Ride

Tour

Drink

Busyish day today ferrying Strifey and Stropteen around, fettling The Panzer, getting my hair lopped off and sorting some stuff for the frozen North tomorrow. Could do with some exercise as well but unlikely to have time for that.

Scottish Borders.

Get yourself on Eurosport Stevo and see people cycling under their own steam, rather than just freewheeling down a hill :wink:
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not bad - leafy suburbia 10 miles from central London and the same distance the other way to some great pedalling countryside in the North Downs. Best of both worlds :wink:

Good news - my big order of 80's & punk CDs have arrived so will have plenty to pass the hours in the car tomorow.

waddya get, waddya get??
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

waddya get, waddya get??
    Never mind the bollox, Best of: SLF, Stranglers, Undertones, Guns n Roses, Oasis, Depeche Mode. And some assorted 80s mixes. Got some.of the punk stuff on vinyl but need 'em for the car trips up North.
  • sungod
    been watching tdf, but tt is so dull, i'm nodding off

roll on the racing
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Discovered why my front brake was dragging and I couldn't fettle it to its usual silence. As I was coming home last night, I applied the front brake, the was a tearing sound and a clinking sound and this happened. Luckily I was not travelling at any great pace, so scrubbed off speed with the back brake, stopped, swapped the back rotor on to the front and limped home. Note to self, check all parts of rotor for wear in future...It had worn paper thin towards the bottom of the braking surface, and had obviously started to warp.

20170701_162727.jpg
  • meanredspider
    Vicious-looking throwing star, that
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It's lethal MRS. Hope all is going as well as can be expected hospitalwise?
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Same here. Managed to order a pair of new cycling gloves though.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Never mind the bollox, Best of: SLF, Stranglers, Undertones, Guns n Roses, Oasis, Depeche Mode. And some assorted 80s mixes. Got some.of the punk stuff on vinyl but need 'em for the car trips up North.

Not bad that, apart from the Undertones that is and i hope you didn't get any of the early Depeche Mode Stuff! Hope it's post Vince Clarke, or my opinion of you will take a nosedive :D
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:

20170701_162727.jpg

Is that a bicycle part? :wink:
  • sungod
    i believe it's what was used in primitive times, before rim brakes
  • meanredspider
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's lethal MRS. Hope all is going as well as can be expected hospitalwise?

Thanks - yes, probably better than expected so far. We count our blessings.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Wake up SG, Valverde has hit the deck.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Oi! There's a thread for that kinda stuff!
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    been watching t

Oi! There's a thread for that kinda stuff!

F*ck off. In fact, that gives me an idea...