Stitches when time trialing

The_Wicker_Man
The_Wicker_Man Posts: 338
Being getting a stitch about 6miles into a 10 mile time trail lately and I'm not sure what the cause is. My TT position has been the same for the past 2.5 years and I don't eat any meals before the ride only a gel 30 mins before the race.
My times have been affected a lot by this, so Does if anyone has any tips or advise to combat this, that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Penno
    Penno Posts: 26
    Being getting a stitch about 6miles into a 10 mile time trail lately and I'm not sure what the cause is. My TT position has been the same for the past 2.5 years and I don't eat any meals before the ride only a gel 30 mins before the race.
    My times have been affected a lot by this, so Does if anyone has any tips or advise to combat this, that would be much appreciated.
    You may already be aware, but as I understand the stitch is caused due to redistribution of blood away from the digestive system to the working muscles to meet the demands of the exercise.
    Have you changed your gel or has this been consistent with your position over the last two years?
  • JBrown23
    JBrown23 Posts: 14

Just curious if you have changed anything else since you started having these problems? As far as I understand, there is a lot that can affect this; hydration, diet, warm up etc.