edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, bask - the trinity

scorchio again yesterday, long may it continue
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine at Corby, lovely part of the uk for cycling, bugger I am here for work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,069
    In sunny Chester today, should have cycled but a couple of bikes need tlc and potential rain means I don't want to use the good one, so had a quick blast last night - so much more fun than running

Despite this, I'm meeting a pal at Llandegla to do a run - it feels so wrong
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Sunny but a tad nippy. Good ride in, now drinking coffee. Might indulge in a bacon roll later, once the canteen wallahs have dragged themselves to work.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sunny in south Scotland today, got a site meeting at 9 so I've been up for an hour or so trying to get some work done first. Got a mate coming up to stay to watch some rugby at Murrayfield tomorrow night so we are going for a run up a 'mountain' (do 730-820m tall hills count as mountains?) today after I finish work then off to the pub. Hopefully this weather will stay for tomorrow as he wants to do a big ride

TLW1 wrote:

Unfortunately you need an audi estate and a horrifically expensive enduro bike to go to Llandegla, especially if you plan on going in the cafe and doing nothing else
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    TLW1 wrote:
    In sunny Chester today, should have cycled but a couple of bikes need tlc and potential rain means I don't want to use the good one, so had a quick blast last night - so much more fun than running

What running at Degla rather than crudding?

Day started with disappointment, the moment you take a spoonful of muesli to find it had no nuts or raisins in it.
    A kind gentlemen on the forum offered me a track bike which would eat into the 2 seat car fund. Think I'll sell my crossbike to keep the better half happy and fund it. She always loves another bike in the house, along with the extra car.

Onwards and upwards, contractors should be here soon.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sunny here so the good bike comes out again, the boss is away today so one 5 minute job to do then gym session and doing absolutely nothing all day apart from eating and listening to tunes. Will probably put my feet up with a large mug of coffee and get some BATLS reading done to tell the truth as have to catch up on some bits. All really good interesting stuff so no hardship at all.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608
    Forecast was sunshine in Wimbledon but it's actually cloudy with a few drops of rain. First spoon of muesli contain nuts and raisins so things are looking good.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    massive drops of rain this morning ...... not many of them, but every single one managed to fall in the gap between my glasses and my face
  • Flâneur
    HaydenM wrote:

TLW1 wrote:

Unfortunately you need an audi estate and a horrifically expensive enduro bike to go to Llandegla, especially if you plan on going in the cafe and doing nothing else

Christ I must really stand out, especially when I turn up on the road bike for a cafe stop. Ah well the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. It is definitely a location where there is a lot of money on bike kit without always the fitness or talent.

Most of the welsh crowd like to park on local verges and be cheap, cos £60 a year on top of running a bike is too much, this obviously means only those with Audi's and trucks can afford the parking pass.

Still all in all not a bad trail centre when it is 30 minutes from my door.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Lovely ride in and tubs managed to stay attached to wheels only through the medium of tape. Phew!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Wrong yet perfect. Wind the feckers up.
    Flâneur wrote:
    Day started with disappointment, the moment you take a spoonful of muesli to find it had no nuts or raisins in it.

That''s 'cos it was Porage.

Me pedalling in a bit me and then some fettling with a brake caliper. Not that sort - the one on my car.

Laters.

Oh forgot, did I tell you it's wall to wall sunshine here? Day 25 without rain.
    And... I'm not talking to Lincolndave. He came up this way and never hooked up for a bike ride. I will have to kill him at some point but right now he caan enjoy life for the limited time he has left.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Kettle has just boiled so am going to have a Peasant's Coffee and move my seat post 2mm to the left.

Also going to spend the next hour trying to level the saddle on the bike - Easton EC 90 seat post with worn ridges and funny shaped Selle Italia CX zero always means that although the spirit level says it's level it's ever so slightly nose up.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ooooh - anyone know what time the Giro starts today: bit of Giro watching won't go amiss methinks,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    12 on eurosport
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

TLW1 wrote:

Christ I must really stand out, especially when I turn up on the road bike for a cafe stop. Ah well the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. It is definitely a location where there is a lot of money on bike kit without always the fitness or talent.

Most of the welsh crowd like to park on local verges and be cheap, cos £60 a year on top of running a bike is too much, this obviously means only those with Audi's and trucks can afford the parking pass.

Still all in all not a bad trail centre when it is 30 minutes from my door.

I tend to see more veeeeee dubs than anything else there.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    12 on eurosport

Mille grazie! Any good streaming sites or do you reckon Rai UNO/Due/Tre will allow fuori d'Italia streaming?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    TLW1 wrote:
    In sunny Chester today
    *waves*
    Forecast is less sunny later though :roll:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I saw on Facebook/OPA website recently that they'd rebuilt some of the running route, but it didn't look like the bit that's a total swamp (just go up the fireroad, they are parallel)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Hazy sunshine here, should have pedalled in being national cycle to work day, but drove in, bike is in the boot though been talked into a crit race tonight, should be carnage.
    Also found some Cadbury boost bites in the boot, other half was craving chocolate so bought them then, then left them in the hot car so ive claimed them an now have a melted chunk to enjoy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Anybody want to buy an Audi estate for £1500, only done about 50k miles?
    How do you move a seatpost 2mm to the left without moving the rest of the bike with it?
    Friday for me today which is nice. Going to meet the Mrs for lunch in Twickenham later. Bit grey and not very warm this morning, supposed to warm up later but might rain more. Need to do a bit of bike fettling this evening ready for tomorrow. Day of bikes and beer planned, should be fun.
  • Matthewfalle
    How do you move a seatpost 2mm to the left without moving the rest of the bike with it?

With a hammer and fire.

Obvs, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    I think a crow bar would be easier.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    In sunny Chester today
    *waves*
    Forecast is less sunny later though :roll:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I saw on Facebook/OPA website recently that they'd rebuilt some of the running route, but it didn't look like the bit that's a total swamp (just go up the fireroad, they are parallel)

Where is you? At the race course?

They have built two 10k tracks, so that and a run across town will do.

Saying that my mate isn't playing now so I could have gone on the bike
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

Where is you at? The race course?

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    I think a crow bar would be easier.

Am at work. May use a tank. Save the muscle power.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just done the seat post and my tubs didn't fall off. Phew.

Right, time for more PC, a can of tuna then I'll start on levelling the saddle before I go to the gym.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    with a blow torch and a set of pliers.

No bacon roll, but steak pie for lunch. My Friday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    with a blow torch and a set of pliers.

I've seen vasectomies done like that. Beats the "two bricks" approach.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Have lost urge to do saddle. Will do at home.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,395
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wash your mouth out with soap. That is wrong.

Back in the office today and feeling the benefits of being back in the routine/plenty of stuff to focus on. Even had a good pedal in and not too slow despite that chronic lack of exercise these last few weeks. Also starting my own version of PSP (project Stevo profit) soon, although it doesn't actually involve any DIY unless you count trying to unload some furniture and old brass ornaments.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    MF - Steephill and pick a link
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy