wednesday it's ba, it's delayed

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

*&^%$£%^&*($*^&*&^&&***^%%$!!!@££ ba flight delayed yet again

off to see another globalmegacorp with another globalmegacorp to propose one's globalmegacorp does stuff for other globalmegacorps

at least i had the first double espresso and a choc
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I'm only in yesterday and today this week so I have that Friday feeling (I'm getting pissed tonight). Parents are coming to stay for a week, they haven't seen the new house or dog yet. Quite looking forward to it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Had to do some work first thing, need to chill for a while now. Crazily busy at the moment, the whorehouse are still working on orders from yesterday morning. I've just added to their troubles by dumping a few big orders out there. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow as well so a 5 day weekend beckons. Hoping my new rims and spokes arrive today so I can throw my new wheels together. I'll probably get very confused due to asymmetric rims. Today being Friday on a Wednesday I will be doubly visiting the pub.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Another day driving a mouse over a wood plastic veneer desk. Cars still being stupid going from normal steering to moderately heavy but its going in tomorrow so meh no car over the bank holiday weekend, other halfs "car" is an Smart four2, so a trolley with a roof really. Still means no random trips to get things I suppose.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Sex starved this week as the Missus isn't back until Saturday. Still I've saved on wine so might splash out on a £6 bottle on her return.

Just finishing pimping my son's water pistol..

A1F1E643-83D3-43DE-A01A-D29188F84186_zps5x8pjome.jpg

2B3F0111-3372-43DE-A70F-67EB3ADF4326_zpsz2cwgr4z.jpg

56734489-4793-46CA-BBEF-F08C910399F9_zpsatd3sfqv.jpg
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Nice pimp job Seano. You seem to be a natural.

Who the farq would want to by wonky wheels? Send them back. Tell them you want round one's.

F*cking holibobs. Toots 1 is not a happy bunny. She likes her routine. Today we'll be putting compost into some 1 litre Yoghurt pots and planting runner beans and a bamboo stick. Don't think the bamboo will grow somehow.

Apart from that, it's grey and miserable.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been for a cracking 50 and now about to have coffee and cheese on toast. Yummy yummy yummy.

Then I will smash the stupid squeaking Cervelo aero seat post with a hammer and throw it into next door's garden.

I may even order some new disc brakes for the cx bike - 160mm I reckon as its going to be single track and road.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Sex starved this week as the Missus isn't back until Saturday. Still I've saved on wine so might splash out on a £6 bottle on her return.

Just finishing pimping my son's water pistol..

A1F1E643-83D3-43DE-A01A-D29188F84186_zps5x8pjome.jpg

2B3F0111-3372-43DE-A70F-67EB3ADF4326_zpsz2cwgr4z.jpg

56734489-4793-46CA-BBEF-F08C910399F9_zpsatd3sfqv.jpg

That's a brilliant pimp job but you do realise that if he goes walking around with it the 5-0 are going to cap him?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Nice work Seano

Today is working locally again so used my tired legs to pedal in

Later is undecided but hopefully I can get the wife & mother in law to go out and then I can enjoy the lack of noise
  • Matthewfalle
    Have you noticed that all the info we posted for the bloke and his Germaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan bike has now been deleted?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Sky's clearing over here, thanks to the massive wind.

Big Ned, formerly of the 24th, will be raging. That's his livelihood that was.
  • Matthewfalle
    Big Ned now works for the Scarlets as team mascot bizarrely. Thought he was always a Neath man myself, but hey, everyone's got 6 kids by 3 different mothers to support.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Doesn't he volunteer as Farrier Sargeant during Internationals as well? Making sure that Siencyn's (or is it back to Lewis nowadays) up to scratch.
  • Matthewfalle
    Only when they really need someone. He damaged his forelock in a training incident at Neath which is why it's strange he went to Scarlets.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    F*cking holibobs. Toots 1 is not a happy bunny. She likes her routine. Today we'll be putting compost into some 1 litre Yoghurt pots and planting runner beans and a bamboo stick. Don't think the bamboo will grow somehow.
    Similar problem here, except that I have been told I need to avoid waking up the rest of the household when I get up to go earn the money to subsidise their lifestyle :roll: It's not easy getting past a hound with very acute hearing...and I'm not talking about the wife.

Just mopping up the remainder of the year end carnage while hoping not to get calls from numbers with a Middlesbrough calling code.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    I have decided to become a square. Welcome to my new persona.

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Hello Matthew, have you joined your local cycling club? It's lots of fun and you can make new friends.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Multi tasking which is interesting and enjoyable if not currently financially rewarding.

Later will be cooking and some bike fettling.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Hi Slowmart - great to hear from you and thank you for such a warm welcome.

Yes!!! I am part of Neath Wheelers Velocity - we're the ones with flies in our teeth because we're always smiling!

I'm in the fast section of the club and love chain gangs. I also race on Zwift (Cat 3 but getting there) and once did a road race. Boy - some of those guys are FAST!!!

I love sportives though, especially with my club mates. Those are always great races, especially in a chain gang.

How about you?

Great to speak by the way!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    Thats sounds like you're a lucky chap and the group sounds lovely, despite their welshness.

I was wondering I'm not as quick or as talented as you but if you can give me some pointers I maybe able to shed a few stone and cycle up a hill without having to put a foot down. I ride with a club called 'Where's the fox at" in Norfolk where despite most peoples perceptions, it can be quite hilly. Anyway I digress and I'd be most grateful if you can share your knowledge and provide some pointers
    Whats the best tyre to go quickly on with the best rolling resistance and least drag and best tyre pressure?
    What gear ratios' do you use?
    If I buy some EPO of the internet will it make me quicker?
    Whats the best length for a crank?
    How much and what sort of food should I carry on my 10 mike, 2 hour ride?

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Do you think SG has taken off or he's now receiving a complimentary reach around from some BA business class "facilitator" due to the delays while he sups his coffee and webex's into the conference?

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    I've gone from engaged to bored.

Who can I annoy?

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Slowmart wrote:
    Thats sounds like you're a lucky chap and the group sounds lovely, despite their welshness.

I was wondering I'm not as quick or as talented as you but if you can give me some pointers I maybe able to shed a few stone and cycle up a hill without having to put a foot down. I ride with a club called 'Where's the fox at" in Norfolk where despite most peoples perceptions, it can be quite hilly. Anyway I digress and I'd be most grateful if you can share your knowledge and provide some pointers
    Whats the best tyre to go quickly on with the best rolling resistance and least drag and best tyre pressure?
    What gear ratios' do you use?
    If I buy some EPO of the internet will it make me quicker?
    Whats the best length for a crank?
    How much and what sort of food should I carry on my 10 mike, 2 hour ride?

Tires: Conti GP 4000 naturally. 80 - 100 psi. I would also suggest a pair of Ajsiums or H Plus thingies as Go To wheel. Definitely not tubs or deep rims unless you are an experienced cyclist. Some guys on the chain gang use them but I'm still cautious.

13 - 28 on a semi compact front chainring. No one who knows what they are doing uses an 11. Lots of guys on my chain gang use 13-28 and that's what the guy at the lBS who I'm on personal chatting terms said would be best considering it's what was on his shelf.

No because that's cheating. Blood transfusions are cheaper by the way. No one in the chain gang would do that though ;)

Depends on your leg length. I'd get a bike fit and your fitter at your LBS will sell you the correct length dependent on what he has on the shelf.

Gels and carb heavy drinks. Deffo gels. We use them on our chain gangs.

Hope that helps!!

Do you want to come out with the Gang one day? If you can keep up it'll be a great ride!

Hope that helps!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Do you think SG has taken off or he's now receiving a complimentary reach around from some BA business class "facilitator" due to the delays while he sups his coffee and webex's into the conference?

He's probably been dragged off the plane.
  • pinno
    Hellooooo Matthew and welcome to the square squires forum

You can get lots of good information and meet lots of lovely chaps who you'll soon make friends with and we often have get together's where we eat sticky buns and drink tea (Earl Grey of course).

The other things to look out for are the oh so special offers from our friendly guys at the Velocipede supplies. Look out for special club members only deal on Plus Fours. Sometimes they do bundle offers of Plus Fours and Argyll socks.

In the workshop section, introduce yourself to the good brethren and they'll assist in everything for the gentleman's bicycle; changing lamp bulbs, squeaking leather brake blocks and there are even intimate places for posterior complaints.

If you have a good lady friend who likes participating in bicycling, be sure to bring her along too and she can indulge in inane chitter chatter in a section all of her own.

Please pull on your slippers and make yourself comfortable.

Yours
    Tarquin
  • Matthewfalle
    Hi Tarquin - utterly fab to hear from you.

That sounds spiffing. I'll pump up Conti GP 4000s on the stable of bikes (training bike (with mudguards for The Gang) and the race steed ( N+1 eh :) ) and hopefully be able to learn lots and meet new club members to race - I mean ride, silly me! - sportives with.

With many best regards

Stay shiny side up

SMF.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Good day to you SMF, enchanted.

Not sure of this N + 1 equation formula thingy. One prefers a single, reliable machine such as my Singer.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP0byYI7XqVLpo4sYiQeeT3EyDrYL56bWdQYpYfhg8Gj3il9qxFJn4zVuk

I can put in the back of the Packhard Victoria and explore the lanes around Buckinghamshire with a wicker picnic basket on the front. Hargreaves, Milton and Henderson do a lovely line of bespoke picnic baskets. I'll introduce you to them on Tuesday during the club night after the round the clubhouse handicapper where we put bricks in the saddle bags to even things out.

I can also wow the ladies by letting them ride on the cross bar. That really gets the blood going and is rather (dare I say: risque) exciting. Wink wink.

Anyway, toodle pip.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

He's probably been dragged off the plane.

nah, i know to never argue on a plane, especially in the usa, they're utter fucking nutbags

eventually took off, had the ba bacon roll, arrived, checked into hilton, had a club sandwich with fries and a beer :)

before/during/after, did excel, powerpoint, emails

off to meet up with various gmc peeps for dinner in a while

it's all a blur really
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    Hellooooo Matthew and welcome to the square squires forum

You can get lots of good information and meet lots of lovely chaps who you'll soon make friends with and we often have get together's where we eat sticky buns and drink tea (Earl Grey of course).

The other things to look out for are the oh so special offers from our friendly guys at the Velocipede supplies. Look out for special club members only deal on Plus Fours. Sometimes they do bundle offers of Plus Fours and Argyll socks.

In the workshop section, introduce yourself to the good brethren and they'll assist in everything for the gentleman's bicycle; changing lamp bulbs, squeaking leather brake blocks and there are even intimate places for posterior complaints.

If you have a good lady friend who likes participating in bicycling, be sure to bring her along too and she can indulge in inane chitter chatter in a section all of her own.

Please pull on your slippers and make yourself comfortable.

Yours
    Tarquin
    Alternatively go to the MTB forum where its all at.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    You know what - I really can't arsed any more.

Catch ya later.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Just realised why the cat'sc been acting all weird, she's on heat. First and last time, poor creature. Best keep her locked up, don't want to have to take that journey to the river with a pillowcase full of kittens.