Cycle Computers

2»

Comments

• Sutton_Rider
    Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
    I've had several Garmin's and while I've found the hardware to be OK they need to find another primary school to write their software. Or am I being unfair to primary schools?
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    courtmed wrote:
    I bought a Garmin Edge 25 not all that long ago & now I wish I'd stumped up for the Edge 520 or something similar. Not too disappointed as I'm probably going to go for the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt soon whereas if I did have the 520 I'd (maybe!) find it harder to justify it :mrgreen:

I was literally in the exact same place as you. I got an edge 25 to save some cash, soon desiring a bigger, badder computer. I recently set myself up with an elemnt bolt and it's amazing. Does everything I could ever dream of, is future proof, phone settings are great and best of all, my fancy k-edge mount was adaptable. You wouldnt regret upgrading to the bolt from the 25.

Already upgraded to the Bolt, love it :mrgreen:
  • myideal
    myideal Posts: 231
    The Garmin 520 is bang on in all fairness.

Seems to work well, but then maybe the trick is not to update when it works well. :)
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I've just updated the maps on my 520 and ita mile better with proper maps on rather than the Garmin ones.
  • myideal
    myideal Posts: 231
    Dannbodge wrote:
    I've just updated the maps on my 520 and ita mile better with proper maps on rather than the Garmin ones.

Totally agree the is maps just make the device work like it should. Don't know why they don't install these as standard and make a small contribution to the os project.
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    I'm a huge fan of my ELEMNT. Some of my club mates have also been impressed and made the switch, too.
    The whole functionality of being able to switch the page settings and input routes, etc, on your smart phone prior to riding is just brilliant.
    The 2 tone mapping is much better to read when riding at speed with watery eyes!
    Having had 3 Garmin's previously and all with issues of some kind, the Wahoo computer has been a revelation really.
    My only gripe is the quality of the mounts. You get 3 with the ELEMNT and the TT bar mount isn't really good enough and slips. There isn't a huge range of mounts other than the Wahoo ones and an excessively priced K-Edge one - time will tell, but hopefully this market will get bigger with the growing number of Wahoo units sold.
  • Got an Elemnt Bolt last week, used it properly for the first time today. Love the way I can order the page items as I want, create pages for individual training goals, hide them when just out riding. mapping worked just fine, on unit A-B route planning works well plotting efficient routes.