saturday on transilient worldlines

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Is MF ok/safe? Last i heard he was just about to indulge in a bottle of Ricard.

Edit: It's ok, I found him. He's fine.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao!

Many thanks for concern: much appreciated. Ricard Ricarded, Muscadet Muscated, now about to have a sneaky pale ale whilst, of all glamourous and rock 'n' roll things to do on a Saturday night, shop for some valve extenders.

Sheeeesh - I am living the dream :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Ciao!

Many thanks for concern: much appreciated. Ricard Ricarded, Muscadet Muscated, now about to have a sneaky pale ale whilst, of all glamourous and rock 'n' roll things to do on a Saturday night, shop for some valve extenders.

Sheeeesh - I am living the dream :)

I've just ordered some legwarmers (Light) and a cap!! Going well Karazy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    Garry H wrote:
    Who here has taken part in a uk sportive type thing, where you pay a fee to cycle on open roads?
    You'd have to pay me to do that :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Who here has taken part in a uk sportive type thing, where you pay a fee to cycle on open roads?

They were arguing the toss over whether it's morally acceptable to ride your bike on (open) roads, when there's a sportive going on :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    I saw that discussion and refrained from commenting. I felt/feel that my advice may be misconstrued and taken in the wrong way.i may still head across and have a gander.

Warmers and a cap? And only a matter of weeks ago some socks? You robbed that bank or something?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    I saw that discussion and refrained from commenting. I felt/feel that my advice may be misconstrued and taken in the wrong way.i may still head across and have a gander.

Warmers and a cap? And only a matter of weeks ago some socks? You robbed that bank or something?

Thought you were quite restrained in giving out club advice though.

Spending my filthy bonus :D
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Something these lazy civil servants tend not to get anywhere near as much as us hard working private sector types :wink: And quite right too.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Something these lazy civil servants tend not to get anywhere near as much as us hard working private sector types :wink: And quite right too.

You're bang on there. Think I do all these extra hours out of the goodness of my heart! I'm squandering mine on rendering the house. Rock'n roll baby, rock'n roll.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Quite diplomatic if me I thought. Let me finish my beer and see what happens...

On an aside First Aspect dude has patronisingly gone off on one on that "ride your bike on the road" thread. Sheeeeesh - he sounds fun.

Re bonus: are you going to also buy some mismatched socks at £14 a pop?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

They were arguing the toss over whether it's morally acceptable to ride your bike on (open) roads, when there's a sportive going on :roll:

I'm not going to bother clicking on that link now you have said that. That argument has been around this block before.

Ciao MF - The only reason you need valve extenders is 'cos you have deep section rims. The reason you have deep section rims is 'cos you're a poser.

Have you found a hurler Gazza?

...oh I will click on that link.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You're bang on there. Think I do all these extra hours out of the goodness of my heart! I'm squandering mine on rendering the house. Rock'n roll baby, rock'n roll.
    Too right. Currently perusing the Merc UK website in case mine comes up trumps. Quite fancy an AMG (but not one of these plastic 'AMG line' jobbies)
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Quite diplomatic if me I thought. Let me finish my beer and see what happens...

On an aside First Aspect dude has patronisingly gone off on one on that "ride your bike on the road" thread. Sheeeeesh - he sounds fun.

Re bonus: are you going to also buy some mismatched socks at £14 a pop?

Feck no. Whilst not averse to wearing mis matched socks to work, i wouldn't actually buy (or otherwise wear)an odd pair for cycling Why not just put on one of each from two different pairs you already own, if that's your thing??
  • Matthewfalle
    Exactly. Next thing we know we'll be shaving one leg, an alternate eyebrow and writing "knob" on your chest hair in Veet.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Too right. Currently perusing the Merc UK website in case mine comes up trumps. Quite fancy an AMG (but not one of these plastic 'AMG line' jobbies)

A guy at work has an S63 amg coupe, it's rather lovely... maybe I'll blow my bonus on that, here's hoping for a 300% bonus hey
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I'm not going to bother clicking on that link now you have said that. That argument has been around this block before.

Ciao MF - The only reason you need valve extenders is 'cos you have deep section rims. The reason you have deep section rims is 'cos you're a poser.

Ciao Piano

Need some for my Spinergys so yes, pose factor only. But yes, deep rims are rockin' pose value which is they adorn my rides. I rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Exactly. Next thing we know we'll be shaving one leg, an alternate eyebrow and writing "knob" on your chest hair in Veet.

Oh, so that's not actually a thing yet then? Shite, back to the drawing board. What about odd shoes?
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Ooooh yes - AMG all the way. Only way to go.

Buy one. Buy one. Buy it now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Oh, so that's not actually a thing yet then? Shite, back to the drawing board. What about odd shoes?

You know what - that's a bloody good idea. Watch this space :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Kinda juicy in town that AMG. If I wanted something sporty, it would be an M5 anyway.
  • Matthewfalle
    M5 if you work in sales ....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Currently been sucked into Wolf of Wall Street. Want to go to bed but can't leave the film.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Ciao Piano

Need some for my Spinergys so yes, pose factor only. But yes, deep rims are rockin' pose value which is they adorn my rides. I rock.

Talking of which, I need some Super Mario stickers made up - any recommendations?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Do it :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Ooooh yes - AMG all the way. Only way to go.

Buy one. Buy one. Buy it now.
    New E63 S Estate = the new Stevo DH bike carrier. Well that's the plan...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Heart v head for Stevo then.

It's the equivilant of betting if a fat reserve goalkeeper will eat a pie during a match.....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    'AMG E63 S'... 'estate'. 'Kin ell. :roll:

Heard of roof racks Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    'AMG 63'... 'estate'. 'Kin ell. :roll:

Heard of roof racks Stevo?
    Yep. Heard of bikes getting nicked off roof racks? Sometimes need to load the car up the night before. And the work underground car park has a height restriction on it. To name but a few little practical points.
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Heart v head for Stevo then.

It's the equivilant of betting if a fat reserve goalkeeper will eat a pie during a match.....
    Don't mind if you do have a pie :wink:
  • pinno
    So a Subaru legend would do a chav like you and it fits the bill.