saturday on transilient worldlines

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,101
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to t'north for hill climbs, cafes etc.

probably to be followed by laziness falling through me like intangible sleet
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Hill repeats with a pal and then into town for the kids theatre groups, will use the time to treat the current wife to a coffee

Then back home to clean and prepare pinas favourite bike of mine for a TT with a mate tomorrow.

Also got to do the horrible job of changing the clocks inside and outside, last time I had scaffolding, this time just ladders :(

Later is probably back into town for drinks as there is loads of live music on
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    guten morgen.

Cinema with kids. Smurfs
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    Can some explain this hill climb/hill repeat business? Not sure I understand...

Half decent lie in as wifey took the hound out for a crap early on. Looks like its going to be jobs n footy today. At least no office work this weekend despite year end frenzy kicking off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Half decent lie in as wifey took the hound out for a crap early on. Looks like its going to be jobs n footy today. At least no office work this weekend despite year end frenzy kicking off.

Some people actually ride bikes UP hills Stevo :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Some people actually ride bikes UP hills Stevo :shock:
    What???

Best to outsource the crappy bits and spend more time on the fun stuff :)

Uplift.JPG
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H wrote:

Cinema with kids. Smurfs

What are you going to see?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Boss Baby, or something.

(Don't think for a second that I didn't see what you did there :| )
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Morning hillclimbers and slackers,
    Traditional slow start has been had. Taking the girl's bike off the turbo so she can ride outside in the real world over the Easter holiday. Other than that a day of pottering will be had.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,229
    Rain rain rain... haircut and diy looms today then some mates are round for dinner as I promised him I'd open a decent bottle of wine when he was sober.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Rain rain rain... haircut and diy looms today then some mates are round for dinner as I promised him I'd open a decent bottle of wine when he was sober.

So it's not me coming round then :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Wanted to set the smoke alarms off and pretend the house was on fire for an April fools to get the lad up as he was out 'til 3am. EPO thought it was mean, she spoils them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wanted to set the smoke alarms off and pretend the house was on fire for an April fools to get the lad up as he was out 'til 3am. EPO thought it was mean, she spoils them.

I got drunk once at the age of 17 on account of playing pool for beer. Cycled home but the hill took it's toll and when I got to the top, I was weaving a little. With no lights and some less than complementary verbal to passing cars, I eventually conceded to the ditch. It was warm and comfy until Mr Plod tapped me on the cheek.
    They chucked the bike in the boot and dropped me home. My Mother was furious. Step Dad couldn't stop giggling.
    7am Sunday morning, he was opening the curtains and stomping around the bedroom asking loudly if I had a good night.

What's 'Norf' SG - the Chilterns or Watford?

Morning evelybody peeps

Toots and washing me.
    @HD: Don't waste a good bottle of plonk on him or this move political?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    No political or ulterior motives. He was annoyed that I wouldn't open one last time he was sloshed so promised it'd be the first bottle so it would be appreciated.

It's a schioppettino brought over from Italy, the last of six I got last year.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    Pinno wrote:
    What's 'Norf' SG - the Chilterns or Watford?

merely highgate, there's some quiet roads, ok to do a few hundred metres of climbing in chunks, much over 1km gets really boring though

post brekkie has been cake, pineapple, yoghurt, toasted sandwich, i feel the need for a further snack
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    No political or ulterior motives. He was annoyed that I wouldn't open one last time he was sloshed so promised it'd be the first bottle so it would be appreciated.

Way out of tight 4rse, skin flint Seano's range.

Me snacking me. Toasted sandwich with pomadori pelati, extra mature Cheddar and smoked ham with a side plate of some Mandarin segments and mixed nuts including Cashews. Come up here and get some proper hills.
    I'll even let you pitch your tent at PPP for less than £20 a night. For washing/toiletries, there's a hose and a bucket and a spade.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Lovely sunny day in Brighton. Unhealthy food scoffed and sufficiently ripped off on the pier.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Brighton Pier, sigh.

Did you go on the Helter Skelter? Did you buy some pancakes at the little hut near the entrance? Did you sit on the Beach and drink Strongbow and then do some canoodling?
  • Garry H
    Watched smurfs movie in the end. Kinda predictable. Kids loved it.

Then went to decathlon with girl child to get her a new helmet, then patched up puncture on her bike. Now drinking tea. I'm shattered.
  • homers_double
    FFS my hangover started at 3pm, what's that all about?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    FFS my hangover started at 3pm, what's that all about?
    Drinking at lunchtime?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:
    guten morgen.

Cinema with kids. Smurfs

Good luck with that: I went to see it last. No idea what the fukkk it was on about. Like 1 1/2 hours of just randomness.

Went to town today. For some reason it was full of hipsters - polluted with the biggest. Came home, now tinkering with s/s before starting on the bottle of Ricard I bought earlier today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425

My Italian is translated via Portuguese in my head but schiopettino means little crack, yes? And you posted this on bottom bracket without receiving any comments!

Cleaned the bubble then got dragged out for beer by the neighbours, well it would be rude not to :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry H
    Chinese for dinner.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Garry H wrote:
    Chinese for dinner.

Wǎncān.

Edit: Read this to mrs T and she is making Chinese for dinner too now :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry H
    Cat's playing with a feather. Cool.
  • Garry H
    Who here has taken part in a uk sportive type thing, where you pay a fee to cycle on open roads?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Who here has taken part in a uk sportive type thing, where you pay a fee to cycle on open roads?

I haven't paid to cycle on open roads but I have paid to cycle on closed roads. What yer planning?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I haven't paid to cycle on open roads but I have paid to cycle on closed roads. What yer planning?

Nowt. Just wondering, following a thread in another place. People gettting really wound up.

Would you pay for open road? in UK i mean.
  • pinno
    Yeah, as long as the food and the company was good.

linky please