Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

It's Chewsday and if you would suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotion

Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
Guten morgen.

It's cold out there, brrrrr!
«1

Posts

  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,774
    'ning

    i foresee much espresso, got one of those meetings where making a list of the guilty at least helps pass the time constructively

    wine later, and port

    chin-chin
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Back in!

    Morning folks

    Blimmin' cold here but intend to do nothing at all at work except wander around with The Hound chatting to people, so thank you for paying for that.

    Then at lunch I'll take him for a wander to go and look at girls and I may we'll get a coffee paid for by you. So thank you again.

    Speak in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,195
    Guten morgen frauen
    Etwas kühl auf der Radtour an diesem Morgen. Ein anstrengender Tag der Arbeitsvermeidung geplant.
    Habe einen guten Tag Schwein Hunde.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sunny but bitingly cold. Out for dinner later should be a laugh, but only after I have trained indoors on the wattbike with magic numbers. Need to put the penis extension into the garage too, still leaking coolant every 1000 miles or so.

    Enjoy picking up after the Hound.

    Onwards to SG's great thought of espresso and espresso.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Flâneur wrote:
    Sunny but bitingly cold. Out for dinner later should be a laugh, but only after I have trained indoors on the wattbike with magic numbers. Need to put the penis extension into the garage too, still leaking coolant every 1000 miles or so.

    Enjoy picking up after the Hound.

    Onwards to SG's great thought of espresso and espresso.


    Many thanks re Hound thoughts - he's already running the place and asleep on his bed in front of the radiator in my office so all well so far.

    Time for more coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Someone slap Seanoconn, hes broken.

    Brisk this morning to say the least, bit of frost in places and some miserable looking flowers bitten by said frost.
    I fear today will be spent chasing morons who want software deployed but wont go online so a large coffee is now plonked on my desk.

    Later may do some spinning depends on the mood.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,081
    is the mood "I wanna be a girl in lycra, madonna esque pop video" in which case go spinning
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,931
    Morning, still plowing through the backlog which just keeps getting bigger.

    Might have to start looking into next years skiing holiday this evening...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Herro evelybody peeps

    Me sorting private lock up me (finally).

    Seano probably needs an 80 ampH battery and some start cables to get him going again.

    Well, it was either a new penis extension or a Mortgage Flan, you can't have both.
    Is VN actually doing some work?! That'll do him in. Get some emergency biscuits to a Vintage parts coy in West London pdq.

    Report later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    Tired after a late night out with a pal celebrating his dad's life and then trying to sleep in a single bed in a house set to old people's heating settings

    Can't wait to get home today!
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Morning,

    Had a dreadful night's sleep, I woke up running around my bedroom hallucinating that the house was burning down, then I spent the next three hours waking up to check I hadn't missed my alarm set for 5am. I have meetings up north today, it snowed all the way from south scotland to here, saw a BMW facing the wrong way which was amusing. On the plus side I don't have to sit in the office with my line manager who is slowly starting to become unbearable...
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,706
    Stuck on nights, yes it was flipping cold earlier today. Trying to get back to sleep after some stupid munt rings me to tell me I'm due many camels from HMRC, don't think he understood or liked my attitude when I told him to stick his fake camels up his butt. Note to self kill wife for putting phone in bedroom after I made a point of removing it before going to sleep. Arghh.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,195
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

    Had a dreadful night's sleep, I woke up running around my bedroom hallucinating that the house was burning down,
    :shock: I'm glad I'm not married to you! I hope you lock the knives away at bedtime.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,137
    spent a decent wedge on rapha stuff last week only for an email to arrive with a 20% discount code available if i enter a poxy competition. Emailed em now waiting for a response. And no i don't want to send the kit back, get a refund and order the same stuff again.

    Then again I could ask MF or Hayden to drop by a store and lick Rapha's windows until they acquiesce to my narrative. :wink: :twisted:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,931
    Got home at lunch to find one of our minature tigers had brought us another present, but this one was alive.

    Ten minutes in a tuppaware tub with some fresh water and Dave The Fieldmouse was released back into the wild.

    I have a feeling I'll probably see Dave, or atleast part of him again when I get home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Slowmart wrote:
    spent a decent wedge on rapha stuff last week only for an email to arrive with a 20% discount code available if i enter a poxy competition. Emailed em now waiting for a response. And no i don't want to send the kit back, get a refund and order the same stuff again.

    Then again I could ask MF or Hayden to drop by a store and lick Rapha's windows until they acquiesce to my narrative. :wink: :twisted:

    Errr, no.

    Assoss maybe, but not Rapha. Sorry.

    Imagine TDNFNATN in Assoss. Now you're talking.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Got home at lunch to find one of our minature tigers had brought us another present, but this one was alive.

    Ten minutes in a tuppaware tub with some fresh water and Dave The Fieldmouse was released back into the wild.

    I have a feeling I'll probably see Dave, or atleast part of him again when I get home.

    Good luck Dave.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Long day dealing with our further flung corners of the evil empire (which I had at least expected - censored happens). On the plus side there are now plans to merge another part of the business into ours so my minion count could increase yet again :twisted:

    Off home shortly for a nice cold cider or two.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Long day dealing with our further flung corners of the evil empire (which I had at least expected - censored happens). On the plus side there are now plans to merge another part of the business into ours so my minion count could increase yet again :twisted:

    Off home shortly for a nice cold cider or two.

    Never mind that, all the press/FBI/CIA /Trumpety Trump Shenanigans ain't half making the pound a bit stronger and we don't want that do we?
    ..or will his impending impeachment pick the dollar up with the prospect of a new POTUS or will Sturgeons referendum threats cause the pound to weaken or will the pound pick up or devalue as we head towards article 50 being triggered?

    Jeezo, it's mincing my head.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Long day dealing with our further flung corners of the evil empire (which I had at least expected - censored happens). On the plus side there are now plans to merge another part of the business into ours so my minion count could increase yet again :twisted:

    Off home shortly for a nice cold cider or two.

    Never mind that, all the press/FBI/CIA /Trumpety Trump Shenanigans ain't half making the pound a bit stronger and we don't want that do we?
    ..or will his impending impeachment pick the dollar up with the prospect of a new POTUS or will Sturgeons referendum threats cause the pound to weaken or will the pound pick up or devalue as we head towards article 50 being triggered?

    Jeezo, it's mincing my head.
    OK Mr. International tycoon :) the latest from my treasury mob is that there is pressure on the pound. There are more US rate rises in the pipeline and th European elections are not likely to put any populists in power in the short term. So unless we start raising rates to keep a lid on inflation, Sterling may have further to fall.

    Happy now? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Long day dealing with our further flung corners of the evil empire (which I had at least expected - censored happens). On the plus side there are now plans to merge another part of the business into ours so my minion count could increase yet again :twisted:

    Off home shortly for a nice cold cider or two.

    Never mind that, all the press/FBI/CIA /Trumpety Trump Shenanigans ain't half making the pound a bit stronger and we don't want that do we?
    ..or will his impending impeachment pick the dollar up with the prospect of a new POTUS or will Sturgeons referendum threats cause the pound to weaken or will the pound pick up or devalue as we head towards article 50 being triggered?

    Jeezo, it's mincing my head.
    OK Mr. International tycoon :) the latest from my treasury mob is that there is pressure on the pound. There are more US rate rises in the pipeline and th European elections are not likely to put any populists in power in the short term. So unless we start raising rates to keep a lid on inflation, Sterling may have further to fall.

    Happy now? :wink:

    Happiness is relative. What will be the value of the £ in April 2018? Just testing your clairvoyant skills.
    Could you see the BoE rasing interest rates? When is Carney stepping down? (I think the two are linked).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    Happiness is relative. What will be the value of the £ in April 2018? Just testing your clairvoyant skills.
    Could you see the BoE rasing interest rates? When is Carney stepping down? (I think the two are linked).
    I reckon £/€ will be around 1.05.- 1.10 by then. I've seen doomsday scenarios below parity but I don't buy those.

    BoE may do but I reckon no more than 0.25% in the next year not to kill off consumer demand.

    Carney said he will go in 2019
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Happiness is relative. What will be the value of the £ in April 2018? Just testing your clairvoyant skills.
    Could you see the BoE rasing interest rates? When is Carney stepping down? (I think the two are linked).
    I reckon £/€ will be around 1.05.- 1.10 by then. I've seen doomsday scenarios below parity but I don't buy those.

    As low as that?! That surely will push up food prices and inflation will have to be curbed with an interest rate rise.
    I guess our export market will only be as good as the cost of materials to drive it? I'm presuming that's the ceiling.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Happiness is relative. What will be the value of the £ in April 2018? Just testing your clairvoyant skills.
    Could you see the BoE rasing interest rates? When is Carney stepping down? (I think the two are linked).
    I reckon £/€ will be around 1.05.- 1.10 by then. I've seen doomsday scenarios below parity but I don't buy those.

    As low as that?! That surely will push up food prices and inflation will have to be curbed with an interest rate rise.
    I guess our export market will only be as good as the cost of materials to drive it? I'm presuming that's the ceiling.
    Yep, the inflation thing becomes a self governing mechanism for the exchange rate to some extent, which is why I don't reckon it will go lower. There are also other possible downside for the Euro like Italian banks, Greece etc.

    Maybe our resident Welsh 'banker' has a view here? :)

    Imported materials are only part of manufacturing costs - a lot are sterling costs like wages, property costs, utilities, local support services, local goods. More so for services. Other factors are in there as well apart from FX.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,653 Lives Here
    Pinno wrote:
    Is VN actually doing some work?! That'll do him in. Get some emergency biscuits to a Vintage parts coy in West London pdq.
    Good lord no, how vulgar. Took the lad up for a second visit to Uni of Edgbaston (sounds posher than Birmingham). Long day with an early start so a bit knackered. Finally made it back home and had my old man over for dinner in an attempt to make out we were looking after him whilst my mother has been away. She gets back tomorrow so we had to get in quick, he has to tidy the house tomorrow and cover any censored burns in the carpet so she won't notice he's been enjoying himself.
    I guess I should buy some holiday Euros before next Wednesday in case that makes the pound take a dive. Has it already? I haven't looked lately.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I guess I should buy some holiday Euros before next Wednesday in case that makes the pound take a dive. Has it already? I haven't looked lately.
    It's already priced in so no rush.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Maybe our resident Welsh 'banker' has a view here? :)

    Trading in Sheep, Leeks and prostitutes has little value. Seen as there's no shortage of these commodities in Wales and little or no export market, I can't see sheepflation. Leeks could be affected with bad weather i'e Rain for more than the standard 360 days a year and AFAIK, the latter commodity has suffered long term deflation since the demise of the coal industry.

    He may have a different perspective however but it will be bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Pinno wrote:
    He may have a different perspective however but it will be bollox.
    That's why I want to hear it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Can't really disagree with Stevo on any of that. Interest rates might go up by the obligatory 0.25% by end of year, but other pressures on the pound might postpone this even further. Pound to fall further against EUR and USD, expect more attempted "purchases" of UK PLCs and for Brexiteers to hail this as a strong sign that "Brexit is working".

    Stock up on Leeks, go short on Sheep (they don't care about rain). That's the word on the street.

    Garry H. MA (Hons) - Something to do with number and stuff.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,653 Lives Here
    Garry H wrote:
    Garry H. MA (Hons) - Something to do with number and stuff.
    Shouldn't stuff to do with numbers and stuff be an MSc? Or is it an MA as there's an art to making this sh!t up?
Sign In or Register to comment.