£2500 to spend on new bike

2»

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    dstev55 wrote:
    dstev55 wrote:
    By the looks of it the wheels on the Di2 Orro model are worth over £1k. It looks a very good package for the price and it's a very attractive looking bike in my opinion.

Go for the Orro!

Is that the disc brake road bike?

Yes, this one:

https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/road/go ... ltegra-di2

A quick search of the wheelset online says they are 35mm full carbon and I can't see them for under £1k. Not too shabby on a Di2 bike selling for only £2750.

Actually, forget that, they are the Pro version and I was looking at the spec for the Team version. The Pro are aluminium and worth considerably less. Still a very nice bike though.
  • dstev55 wrote:
    dstev55 wrote:
    dstev55 wrote:
    By the looks of it the wheels on the Di2 Orro model are worth over £1k. It looks a very good package for the price and it's a very attractive looking bike in my opinion.

Go for the Orro!

Is that the disc brake road bike?

Yes, this one:

https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/road/go ... ltegra-di2

A quick search of the wheelset online says they are 35mm full carbon and I can't see them for under £1k. Not too shabby on a Di2 bike selling for only £2750.

Actually, forget that, they are the Pro version and I was looking at the spec for the Team version. The Pro are aluminium and worth considerably less. Still a very nice bike though.

Yeah i did do a google search on that and read they were quite cheap.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    A 2016 CAAD 12 frameset for about £500
    Di2 group set £900
    Decent finishing kit £300
    That leaves you with IRO £800 for wheels (not that you need to spend)

That would eat the PX alive...

I don't own a CAAD 12 btw, but I'm tempted to sell some carbon to fix that

This :!:

Having owned a CAAD12 DA9000, it was probably my favourite bike to date, just did it all and tough as nails.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Going to go down the route of building myself as i have good enough wheels to use also. What frames are out there then and should i look at titanium?

Cheers
  • So I've seen the new Felt VR1 frame and had a good deal on that with ultegra Di2 so the new build will be commencing soon. Going to utilise the wheels I already have.

Exciting times ahead.