Random acts of kindness day, friday

Comments

• seanoconn wrote:
    The only "feck all" I can admit to is having loads to do and that there is feck all I can do about it.

Feckfecketyfeckfeckfeck.
    Chin up it's Friday. :D

It is, and a weekend of hanging doors awaits!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Oh - as an aside, I'm going to Sweden this weekend. Huzzah! Huzzah!
    Growing up and being led to believe that Swedish girls were pretty special, I must say that after watching a fair few Swedish dramas over the past couple of years I am very disappointed with the level of totty on display :|
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    fat daddy wrote:
    WFH, not leave the house.

It would be quite nice if you took the day off from posting on here as well

That's a sort of Farage/Trump post.

I think that Cabbage's don't get much attention so therefore assigning a proper noun to a few in the supermarket might do wonders for their self esteem. However, one or two of the local inbred inbred cabbage's would probably respond with 'Whit the f*ck are yoo lookin' at, glaekit c*nt?' and would'nt appreciate it.

Me doing feck all me except a bike ride. Then doing feck all after that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    What's cabbage bothering?

Playing scalextric with four year old. I crushed him. The boy does not take defeat well
    Keep crushing him until there's no fight left in him. When he's old enough to challenge you seriously, stop playing. :D

Just beaten him at snakes and ladders as well.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    seanoconn wrote:
    Growing up and being led to believe that Swedish girls were pretty special, I must say that after watching a fair few Swedish dramas over the past couple of years I am very disappointed with the level of totty on display :|

Being rather partial to a blonde when I went a few years ago it was just random the amount of ridiculously hot women (and far too utterly cool blokes) there were, but after a day or so they all started to blend into one and looked normal. I'm expecting the same to happen this time but hopefully the first couple of days should prove distracting enough.

I also spent some time in a Japan a couple of years ago. Now, if you want ridiculously fantastic looking women and utterly cool blokes, Japan is your place. Added to the fact it's a wonderfully brilliant country.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Playing scalextric with four year old. I crushed him. The boy does not take defeat well
    Keep crushing him until there's no fight left in him. When he's old enough to challenge you seriously, stop playing. :D

I hope that when you beat him you do a special jig of joy and laugh really loudly in his face before chanting "loser, loser, loser" at him repeatedly ad nauseum.

If anyone complains just tell them it's character building.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Having spent some time in Sweden, I can honestly say that most of the populace get tired of blue eyed and blonde and seek something a bit different on telly. Or perhaps the media push that.
    I once got on the underground bound for Gamla Stan. Prior to getting on the tube, I texted the then GF. It was only 5 stops but there was a hen party on board doing the equivalent London circular line pub crawl. In playful, teasing mood. They picked on me the b4stards, I was helpless. I even ended up with lippy on my cheek. I missed my stop. It took a hell of a lot of explaining.

I am convinced there are factories making beautiful women out there. Find some of the northern girls with stark blue eyes and dark hair. They are godly.

MF: B4stard, b4stard, b4stard, b4stard, b4stard, b4stard,...
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

That's the spirit. What's he going to gain if you let him win? Self respect, confidence, happiness? Pah, you earn victory.

Edit. Snakes and ladders is a high risk game, too much luck involved for my liking. Stick to games that require knowledge, skill and strength.
  • Garry H
    Dated a Swede years ago. She looked like Claudia Schiffer, but was mentally unstable.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Dated a Swede years ago. She looked like Claudia Schiffer, but was mentally unstable.

Funny that. My then GF was too. Neurotic and paranoid with jealousy issues chucked in. If I even looked at another woman, it was trouble. Never mind speaking to one and as for having lipstick on my cheek, sheeeet.
  • Garry H
    This one was just a complete nut job. Sent her to the shop to buy booze once, she came back with 24 cans of Tennents Super. She had a swedish friend that looked like sigourney weaver, I should've asked her out instead.
  • seanoconn
    My Missus scored 90% in an online test I gave her recently. She wasn't overly impressed when I told her it was for neuroticism.
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    My Missus scored 90% in an online test I gave her recently. She wasn't overly impressed when I told her it was for neuroticism.
    Link to the test please :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Having spent some time in Sweden, I can honestly say that most of the populace get tired of blue eyed and blonde and seek something a bit different on telly. Or perhaps the media push that.
    I once got on the underground bound for Gamla Stan. Prior to getting on the tube, I texted the then GF. It was only 5 stops but there was a hen party on board doing the equivalent London circular line pub crawl. In playful, teasing mood. They picked on me the b4stards, I was helpless. I even ended up with lippy on my cheek. I missed my stop. It took a hell of a lot of explaining.

I am convinced there are factories making beautiful women out there. Find some of the northern girls with stark blue eyes and dark hair. They are godly.

We're heading north - Lapland way. I'll report in.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Link to the test please :D
    Think it was this one
    https://www.psychologistworld.com/influ ... icism1.php
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

The further north you go, the crazier they get. I think it's those long, dark winters.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    This one was just a complete nut job. Sent her to the shop to buy booze once, she came back with 24 cans of Tennents Super. She had a swedish friend that looked like sigourney weaver, I should've asked her out instead.

Her friends... swoon.

Ingrid: Spoke fluent French, sooo sexy. Came from Vesterås (Wester Ross?)
    Karina: Ducked out of the Swedish Royal Balet at 24 to lead a 'normal' life having been at the school since 11. She was ooo green and soo pretty and that ballerina's figure...
    Maria: from the sticks. Floppy, dizzy, tactile, feminine...
    åsa: The stunning åsa. Mousy blonde lawyer.

I should have kidnapped Maria and married her. She was up very late one night, travelled to Upsala to sit her exam. Missed the start as she was tired and curled up on our bed and fell asleep. There she was, all curled up and utterly beautiful. She wasn't even dribbling out of the side of her mouth!
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

The further north you go, the crazier they get. I think it's those long, dark winters.

Don't they also top themselves a lot? And they're all death mettlers?

This may be quite a random trip, in both senses of the phrase.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Shared a flat with a Norwegian for a year as well. Looked like Pink. Nordic skier, with legs like a young oak tree.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - and thank you all for paying for it - very much appreciated.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Growing...b4stard,...

Not so much the Swedes, the Finns are top of that league table.
    Do you think your presence is going to somehow offset the statistic? :roll:
  • Garry H
    Iceland takes the biscuit though. Knew these icelandic lads and they had bits missing from their torsos from shark bites and other batshit crazy stuff. Took everything to the extreme.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Growing...b4stard,...

Which one - the checking out early or the mettlers?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Growing...b4stard,...

Which one - the checking out early or the mettlers?

Hmm... dunno now.

Anyway, stop posting you lot, I should be getting my sh1t together for a pedalling extravaganza. The sun has popped out, farq me. What's it like your way GH? Have you seen John H today*?

*It's purely rhetorical, please don't answer the question.
  • Garry H
    Sunny, and about two degrees. Waiting for the boy to come back from somewhere, then taking him for a cycle ride. Hopefully i'll beat him at that as well.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

it would be kind if t47 were to post pics of the kittens now they are grown

I asked Marmite if he minded if I took a photo of him just now and post it on BR, he said...

8210AB7C-A9F5-48EE-BA73-E2AB838388D5.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    If the former then yes and no: when I get there they will all gaze at me in wonder and hope and imagine that they can be mine, therefore bringing rays of joy and inspiration to them.

As soon as I leave then naturally they will all fall into a state of unbelievable depression and turn to a life of krocodile and cheap Spar shop vodka.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Today is too much work and no kindness so far

Friday though, so it's the pub later
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Oh FFS! I love taking time off but I hate coming back and having to deal with the fallout from phucktards dealing with my customers. One big customer placed an order and I have a few special deals negotiated on some stuff, my boss doesn't look at the history of what I've done and undercuts my deals substantially. When pulled up on it said he was matching a competitor, missed the fact that I can charge more and still get the business. Another customer has had his order done by two people so it has been sent out twice, another had a load of stuff missed off.
    It's hardly surprising some of my customers won't order if I'm not in.
    Anyway, time to go to the cafe.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    HTF did we get to 4 pages on the daily thread by lunchtime? Actually reading this I really need to find some tax issues in our Nordic subsidiaries :) Either that or divert my skiing holiday to Sweden.

Another busy day despite it being Friday - at least I managed to get up and pedal. Now thoroughly knackered.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]