Cosine wheels.....No longer available??

2»

Comments

• drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    First ride today on COSINE 24mm wheels, they seem ok to me for £50, they're true and feel solid. The logo is a bit tacky, it's just a COSINE sticker with a gloss black background (that is slightly mismatched to the matte black of the rim). The join on the rear causes a noise while braking, which should go away with use.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I got the Cosine 32mms a few weeks ago. I couldn't get the bloody tubeless tyres inflated despite a track pump and four gas canisters later. Turns out the reason was the rim tape supplied is just normal rim tape and so, not air tight.

To be sold as a tubeless wheel this is both surprising and annoying in equal measure.
  • lbmxj560
    lbmxj560 Posts: 51
    brit66 wrote:
    I got the Cosine 32mms a few weeks ago. I couldn't get the bloody tubeless tyres inflated despite a track pump and four gas canisters later. Turns out the reason was the rim tape supplied is just normal rim tape and so, not air tight.

To be sold as a tubeless wheel this is both surprising and annoying in equal measure.

I don't see how that's Wiggle's fault. The wheels are tubeless compatible, not tubeless ready. It clearly says on the website that to make them tubeless you need to buy tubeless tape, tubeless tyres and sealant... it's more a fault of not reading the description properly
  • skeetam
    skeetam Posts: 178
    By contrast, CRC Prime wheels are tubeless ready with the correct rim tape already installed. You just need to insert the supplied valves, add some sealant and blow them up. I did need to use my AirShot though as one of them took a few blasts to seat.

I wonder if Wiggle will continue with this CRC brand now they're under their umbrella?
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    brit66 wrote:

Any update on how your getting on with these wheels?

Have been wanting some Fulcrum Quattros but at over £50 more than the Cosine I thinking about taking a shot at those.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Any update on how your getting on with these wheels?

Have been wanting some Fulcrum Quattros but at over £50 more than the Cosine I thinking about taking a shot at those.

I like the wheels a lot. They are lighter than my mavic ksyrium SL's, which were well over twice the price when I originally bought them, and being a bit wider, offer a bit more comfort too, especially when paired with tubeless tyres. The Cosine wheels I'd say offer a cheap way into the world of tubeless riding.