David Beck-ham

2»

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    rjsterry wrote:
    Quite surprised that everyone is taking these leaked emails as Gospel when from what I understand the whole thing was set up to try and extract money from him. I'm sure he's not as saintly as his branding suggests but I also suspect that whoever hacked the emails is making a show of it pour encourager les autres. There seems to be a fair amount of envy of his success behind a lot of these posts.

no, its about him abusing his position of wealth and privilege, he is admired and worshipped by millions of young footie fans the world over and that should come with some sort of humility and responsibility, he should remember where he has come from.

the doctored emails response from his PR team, only came about as more of this stuff was leaked, of course the way it was released was a criminal act but then again DB is a idiot writing this into emails
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    also it appears he was using the unicef charity work for his own ends, then as he was flagged by HMRC in the selection process for the knighthood, he spat his dummy out, all of the 'incriminating' mails seem to stem from being turned down. OK I can understand his hurt given his sense of entitlement, but why would saint Beckham have a go at this Jenkins woman?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • They are more amusing if you try and imagine him agitated and saying them in his squeaky voice. I don't think you could take him seriously if he was angry.
  • They are more amusing if you try and imagine him agitated and saying them in his squeaky voice. I don't think you could take him seriously if he was angry.

Is it all men from around Dagenham way that have squeeky voices or just Beckham and John terry?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    mamba80 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Quite surprised that everyone is taking these leaked emails as Gospel when from what I understand the whole thing was set up to try and extract money from him. I'm sure he's not as saintly as his branding suggests but I also suspect that whoever hacked the emails is making a show of it pour encourager les autres. There seems to be a fair amount of envy of his success behind a lot of these posts.

no, its about him abusing his position of wealth and privilege, he is admired and worshipped by millions of young footie fans the world over and that should come with some sort of humility and responsibility, he should remember where he has come from.

the doctored emails response from his PR team, only came about as more of this stuff was leaked, of course the way it was released was a criminal act but then again DB is a idiot writing this into emails
    And again with the "ideas above their station" nonsense. What privilege has he abused by sending some grumpy private emails. He's got where he has through his own efforts so good luck to him. True he comes across as rather entitled, but so what? Does everyone above a certain level of income have to publicly let everyone know that they understand how fortunate they are?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Errrr - I think you'll find that both of them have got to where they are through the efforts of others who have also made humongous amounts of wedge by hitting a vacuous population at exactly the right time.

Dave 'n' Vicky were averagely good looking, averagely talented people in exactly the right place at the right time.

If you've got a population that thinks they have made when they marry a footballer, become a footballer, shag a footballer or a rather rubbish but brilliantly marketed pop star then the Beckhams are what you're gonna get.

People of Britain (because it's not that Great): enjoy - you made it all happen.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    Errrr - I think you'll find that both of them have got to where they are through the efforts of others who have also made humongous amounts of wedge by hitting a vacuous population at exactly the right time.

Dave 'n' Vicky were averagely good looking, averagely talented people in exactly the right place at the right time.

If you've got a population that thinks they have made when they marry a footballer, become a footballer, shag a footballer or a rather rubbish but brilliantly marketed pop star then the Beckhams are what you're gonna get.

People of Britain (because it's not that Great): enjoy - you made it all happen.

Well if it's just a case of finding the right PR people to amplify whatever modest talent you might have then how come you're moaning on a cycling forum rather than having your emails hacked and published like the Beckhams?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Fashionable to question Beckham's footballing ability, eh?

You don't play for United, Real and captain England by accident.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Ben6899 wrote:

Ray Wilkins played for United/Chelsea/England, I'm still baffled as to how you do that by just passing the ball sideways?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    rjsterry wrote:

Well if it's just a case of finding the right PR people to amplify whatever modest talent you might have then how come you're moaning on a cycling forum rather than having your emails hacked and published like the Beckhams?

Who says I'm not?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    rjsterry wrote:

lighten up, its supposed to be a bit of light hearted banter, it doesnt matter.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ben6899 wrote:

Ray Wilkins played for United/Chelsea/England, I'm still baffled as to how you do that by just passing the ball sideways?

Fellini. See it/equivalent can happen to anyone.

And you're seriously saying that you have to be good to play for England?

Say no more.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:

Who says I'm not?
    Me. :P
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Matthewfalle
    Oh.

Well then, maybe I am, but under my assumed nom de plum............

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    Oh.

Well then, maybe I am, but under my assumed nom de plum............
    So you're really Victoria!
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Matthewfalle
    Damn you and Holmes style detective work ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    He's not as good as John Hartson.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    always thought he was way over rated as a footballer, but these email leaks lead me to think he's way over rated as a human :D

Not by me, I always thought he was a c0ck. As for his missus..don't get me started... :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    I don't think he was overrated as a footballer.

I wouldn't pretend to be any kind of arbiter of footballing ability but, I would suggest, Sir Alex Ferguson was, and even with the wealth to buy and kudos to attract just about any footballer in the world to Manchester United, he seemed to keep picking Beckham . . .

Anyone can "England bash" as much as they want but if someone could point me to a better individual performance than DB against Greece in the past 15 years or so, I'd love to see it. Half of that from any one of those that played Iceland and we perhaps would have lasted a few more days in the Euros
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • laurentian wrote:
    I don't think he was overrated as a footballer.

I wouldn't pretend to be any kind of arbiter of footballing ability but, I would suggest, Sir Alex Ferguson was, and even with the wealth to buy and kudos to attract just about any footballer in the world to Manchester United, he seemed to keep picking Beckham . . .

Anyone can "England bash" as much as they want but if someone could point me to a better individual performance than DB against Greece in the past 15 years or so, I'd love to see it. Half of that from any one of those that played Iceland and we perhaps would have lasted a few more days in the Euros

he was a very good footballer who made the most of his ability. Too many people rate him higher than that.

I am told that his wife has genuine talent as a fashion designer.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    I am told that his wife has a genuine talent to hire a fashion designer.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.