Ride London 2017 - who's in?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited March 2017 in Commuting chat
Anyone had their letter yet?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• Is there not a sly url we've not worked out yet that will tell us :) Hi all, btw - occasionally back on the race track again at nights. Getting back into the swing of it.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • secretsam

• 3rd no on the bounce now :|

Got some great rides to look forward to this year but would love a crack at a closed-road event.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I got rejected and for that reason I'm out.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I'm out too, mainly because I didn't enter and will be in Tuscany.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    I'm in.

Would rather be in Tuscany.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I dunno - last time I went to Tuscany it rained ...

I'm out anyway .
  • secretsam
    And I'm out too.

Looks like 2015 was my lucky year, although I already had a charidee place (which I then gave up to let someone else raise dosh for MS)

Ah well, good luck to all those who get in, hope it's a lovely day.

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm out, unless I get a team place for my club. Booked a long weekend in the Dolomites to cheer myself up.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I assume I'm in. I got two magazines through. One commiserations, one congratulations. I binned the first :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rhodrich
    rhodrich Posts: 867
    I'm out. I've been successful in the ballot for the last 3 years, so I suppose it's someone else's turn this year, unless I can get a team place with my club.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • If it is to judge by my club, about 75% of who applied through the ballot were rejected. Bollocks.
  • I received a "Commiserations" magazine but I don't even remember entering the ballot this year, so I'm not too disheartened!
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    Commiserations.

That's me 5 for 5.
  • chilling wrote:
    Commiserations.

That's me 5 for 5.

I'm following your lead with the same statistics. Oh yes, I also got 2x copies of Commiseration and three refusal emails today: I think they want to tell me something? :roll:
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I'm out.

I got in once, the one that was reduced to 85 miles, but not since.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • chilling wrote:
    Commiserations.

That's me 5 for 5.

About 10 from a facebook group I ride with entered the ballot, none got in...
  • elbowloh wrote:
    I'm out.

Isn't that most of them?!

The last two years have had diversions and shortcuts for large swathes of participants due to the various incidents and accidents. And then of course there was the great-wash out of 2014. It seems as though you're lucky if you get to complete the full 100.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Seems I entered twice this year (accident) - so two commiserations mags in the bin.

Thats 4 out of 4 unsuccessful attempts now. Hopefully I will get a club place this year...
  • 5 times entered, 5 times commiserations packages :(:(:(
  • Like around 6 of my club mates I've been both rejected and accepted!! Then got two emails telling me the same yesterday...same email address, one with a slightly misspelt name.

Their website/IT system is appalling :)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    elbowloh wrote:
    I'm out.

Isn't that most of them?!

The last two years have had diversions and shortcuts for large swathes of participants due to the various incidents and accidents. And then of course there was the great-wash out of 2014. It seems as though you're lucky if you get to complete the full 100.
    Yep, that's the one I meant, the great washout. Was probably the worst ride I've ever taken part in.
    spent 2 hours in the queue to get into one of the official car parks, missing my start time. Got the bike out of the car to find I had a flat, changed the tube and then my pump broke. Had to borrow one from a friendly stranger and then it got worse from there...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • For my five straight rejections there must be some jammy so-and-so who's got in everytime. Know anyone?
  • i got in for the first time by ballot, after 6 years of trying.
  • pinches wrote:
    i got in for the first time by ballot, after 6 years of trying.

not sure you can moan too much about not being successful in 2012
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    dhope wrote:
    I assume I'm in. I got two magazines through. One commiserations, one congratulations. I binned the first :D

Same same.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • j_mcd
    j_mcd Posts: 473
    Commiserations for the 4th year on the trot so I'm going to do it for charity instead.

One of my friends gets in every year but she has the advantage of being female (obviously) and I'm sure that the numbers of women applying must be lower. She's quite speedy as well, perhaps that has something to do with it.

I did consider lying on my application for and putting a time down that was closer to the max time allowed. Figured that they don't want to pack it with people finishing around the 4-5 hour point. But it is a ballot right, so that wouldn't have had any effect. Would it...
    Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
    Planet X London Road - Wet
    Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days
  • pinches wrote:
    i got in for the first time by ballot, after 6 years of trying.

not sure you can moan too much about not being successful in 2012

Haha, perhaps only 5 years then :wink:
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    Wooderson wrote:
    For my five straight rejections there must be some jammy so-and-so who's got in everytime. Know anyone?

My sister has had 4 places so far, she's deferred this year in case I get a place next year (she's ridden it so many times she doesn't really want to do it again, but is holding the place so we can ride it together which was the plan all along)

Two of her fiends have got places in all 5.

I think it's something to do with living in the Cotswold's, seems they get places nearly every time.