Unimportant questions that need answers.

13»

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    fat daddy wrote:
    Who ?

Clearly I would have no idea either but I saw this headline...

'Confused.com scraps Brian the Robot for James Corden as CMO disavows price comparison gimmicks'

And I am still none the wiser :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    What what!

Don't you know what's 'what'. what?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    team47b wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    Who ?

'Confused.com scraps Brian the Robot for James Corden as CMO disavows price comparison gimmicks'

And I am still none the wiser :D

So they're swapping an unfunny, irritating tw&t for James Corden? Like swapping a red bucket of sick for a blue bucket of sick?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    Who ?

'Confused.com scraps Brian the Robot for James Corden as CMO disavows price comparison gimmicks.

When you buy car insurance from comparethemarket.com, you get a Meerkat toy. Confused.com retaliated (very retrospectively) with the Brian the Robot toy. Simples :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mXUC0cUPg

Oh, the irony - replace the Robot with a tw@t that's twice the gimmick factor.
  • Why do people watch football and then next day drone on about how "We" beat another team , etc.
    There is no " We " about it , they didn't play just sat on their arse or in the pub transfixed by this moron sport.
    Atleast some people go to the match and find the energy to throw a few coins at the opposing fans , p* ss on the floor then go home get drunk and beat the wife, whilst paying the wages of jumped up wingers who are so self important it beggars belief.?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Why do people watch football and then next day drone on about how "We" beat another team , etc.
    There is no " We " about it , they didn't play just sat on their ars* or in the pub transfixed by this moron sport.
    Atleast some people go to the match and find the energy to throw a few coins at the opposing fans , p* ss on the floor then go home get drunk and beat the wife, whilst paying the wages of jumped up wingers who are so self important it beggars belief.?
    Man U fan then. :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Why do people watch football and then next day drone on about how "We" beat another team , etc.
    There is no " We " about it , they didn't play just sat on their ars* or in the pub transfixed by this moron sport.
    Man U fan then. :mrgreen:

Nah: his name would be 'full time waster' if he was.
  • There's been an uptick in the frequency of shark attacks round these parts in the last few years. My theory is that our beaches have become the shark version of the drive-thru lane at Maccas. "Just popping into Bondi for a snack, love. Won't be long."

The real question though is what percentage of sharks take part in the feeding frenzy due solely to peer group pressure? ("Bl00dy Nigel. Thinks he's a vegan.Tw@t")
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    There's been an uptick in the frequency of shark attacks round these parts in the last few years. My theory is that our beaches have become the shark version of the drive-thru lane at Maccas. "Just popping into Bondi for a snack, love. Won't be long."

The real question though is what percentage of sharks take part in the feeding frenzy due solely to peer group pressure? ("Bl00dy Nigel. Thinks he's a vegan.Tw@t")

Was that all a metaphor for Brexit? Cos' if it was, it was bloody clever.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Nigel has a taste for the finer things. He’s a connoisseur of all things floating in the ocean. He can talk for hours about the wonderful chewiness of a North Atlantic fisherman’s boot, or the foamy crunch of an Australian surfboard. Nigel is also a devoted fan of opera and considers himself to be quite an exceptional singer. Fortunately for the other animals in the forest, Nigel does most of his singing underwater.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Nigel is lying.
  • pinno
    I'm planning something exclusively for Nigel.
  • pinno
    edited February 2017
    Nigel: "Friend or Anemone?"
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Nigel has a taste for the finer things. He’s a connoisseur of all things floating in the ocean. He can talk for hours about the wonderful chewiness of a North Atlantic fisherman’s boot, or the foamy crunch of an Australian surfboard. Nigel is also a devoted fan of opera and considers himself to be quite an exceptional singer. Fortunately for the other animals in the forest, Nigel does most of his singing underwater.

The natural, perfect predatory instinct of Nige probably precludes deep contemplation of the subtle nuances of various flotsam and jetsam but Wheelspinner has such an accumulation of chemicals (prescribed or otherwise) in his bones, I doubt Nige would come within 50 feet (appro. 15.24m) of him. So at least he needn't worry about himself whilst skinny dipping.

What's in the antipodean diet that Nige seems to be attracted to?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,801
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm planning something exclusively for Nigel.
    Nigel is not outspoken
    But he likes to speak
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Is Piña going to give Nigel the helping hand he needs? He must be happy.
  • We are only making plans for Nigel , we only want what's best for him ,
  • pinno
    We are only making plans for Nigel , we only want what's best for him ,

What's best for Nigel is chomping on some Aussies to the melodic tunes of Bizet's 'The pearl Fishers'.
  • Do people behind the counter when using a card payment machine get to see the message ." Please enter PIN number"
    Approx 1 second before I do. Because that's what it feels like.
    They seem to ask me , and then the message flashes up on the handheld bit.
    If this is you , for heavens sake just allow that 1 second for me to see the message and I will begin to put my fu****g number in.
    Thanks
  • pinno
    Do people behind the counter when using a card payment machine get to see the message ." Please enter PIN number"
    Approx 1 second before I do. Because that's what it feels like.
    They seem to ask me , and then the message flashes up on the handheld bit.
    If this is you , for heavens sake just allow that 1 second for me to see the message and I will begin to put my fu****g number in.
    Thanks

Yep - "it's ready for your pin". Well it isn't 'ready for my pin'; it's a f*ckcing lump of electronics not my GP or the dentist and I have done this 1000 times before, I know what to do. The statement "it's ready for your pin" must be the quintessential reminder of modernity.
    I think this is the wrong thread BTW.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    When using a ouija board how come spirits are such good spellers? Has anyone communicated with a dyslexic ghost?
  • Good point , maybe in the future there will just be an app or online ghost Facebook.
    Blimey , I could release that and become a billionaire by the end of the week !
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Is there room on Cara Delevingne's face for more eyebrows?

The older I get, the better I was.

• forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    benws1 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Why is it that when you do your wife you get a baby boy yet when you have aw ank you don't get a baby hand?

The sock is a form of contraception.

I did my fiancée and we had a baby girl. Weird!

Reference punk song: Doin' Laundry by Nerf Herder. look it up...
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Who keeps stealing my stapler and leaving it next to the photocopier?
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • pinno
    Who keeps stealing my stapler and leaving it next to the photocopier?

It's the little people. When you loose your keys, it's the little people. When these things happen, what you need to do is say:
    "Right the game's up. I don't want to play it anymore. If I catch you at it again, i'll spank you're @rses." and then, whatever you lost will turn up, you'll see.