Unimportant questions that need answers.

Comments

• ukiboy
    ukiboy Posts: 891
    Which means? You're an apologist for communism basically?
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    ukiboy wrote:
    Which means? You're an apologist for communism basically?
    Can you read?
  • ukiboy
    I can yes! And also I can realise that communism was responsible for far more crimes against humanity and murder than fascism was in the 20th century.
    Stalin killed many more millions than Herr Hitler did...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    ukiboy wrote:
    I can yes! And also I can realise that communism was responsible for far more crimes against humanity and murder than fascism was in the 20th century.
    You ask why right wing ideology gets a bad press probably because most of its disciples like your self,starting ranting and throwing accusations. As soon as someone else offers their opinion which is what you asked for in the first place.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,768
    Is selective reading a thing?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Is selective reading a thing?

Selective understanding may be a better phrase.
  • veronese68
    ukiboy wrote:
    It's been explained in brief here, further reading is available. The problem with the ideology is people.
    You have come on here and asked a question but not prepared to listen to the answer. A vital part of reading is understanding, something you are either incapable of or just plain refusing to do. If you are trying to justify wearing your SS uniform in public, knock yourself out.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,657
    If you want to actually debate something rather than just spout rubbish about apologists, you could make the argument that while Marxism is basically peaceful, the practice of communism on a national scale, with its emphasis on revolution, a degree of coercion and a highly centralised state, is particularly vulnerable to takeover by totalitarian dictators. That said, revolution of any sort tends to be bloody.

Anyway, this thread is about unimportant questions.

Why do people include peanuts in discussion about nut allergy when a peanut is a legume?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ukiboy
    Pukka! Love it! I challenge the left wing hegemony and all of a sudden I am a SS wearing storm trooper.
    This is exactly why Brexit and Trump has happened.
    For your info I happen to think the right wing, Nazis etc, are total and utter cnuts.
    Your problem seems to be that you don't feel the same way about the far left..
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Laundry
    >communism.

How the hell did that happen>
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
      Pinno wrote:
      Laundry
      >communism.

How the hell did that happen>

Thats how it always happens
    • veronese68
      edited January 2017
      ukiboy wrote:
      For your info I happen to think the right wing, Nazis etc, are total and utter cnuts.
      No, that's not what we wrote. There you go with your reading and not understanding problem. You are either too stupid to understand or deliberately being obtuse.

On the peanuts RJS, is that why it sometimes says may contain nuts on a packet of peanuts? A stray bit of nut may have got in.
    • pinno
      Some nuts that get into your packet of non-nuts. That's nuts.
    • webboo
      webboo Posts: 6,087
      ukiboy wrote:
      Pukka! Love it! I challenge the left wing hegemony and all of a sudden I am a SS wearing storm trooper.
      This is exactly why Brexit and Trump has happened.
      If you post up your name. We can give it to Prevent/ Safe guarding to see if they think you are Kosher.
    • pblakeney
      pblakeney Posts: 25,768
      Why do traffickers think baby chimpanzees need nappies?
      The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
      I am not sure. You have no chance.
      Veronese68 wrote:
      PB is the most sensible person on here.
    • pinno
      PBlakeney wrote:
      Why do people think rescued baby chimpanzees need nappies?

Why didn't the colonel just take the traffickers around the back and shoot them?
      Affording them judicial process is a f*cking waste of time and money.
    • secretsam
      secretsam Posts: 5,098
      benws1 wrote:
      FishFish wrote:
      Why is it that when you do your wife you get a baby boy yet when you have aw ank you don't get a baby hand?

The sock is a form of contraception.

I did my fiancée and we had a baby girl. Weird!

How the hell did my boy/girl twins happen?!!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
    • secretsam
      secretsam Posts: 5,098
      edited January 2017
      Double post, oops :oops:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
    • pinno
      I dunno. It's as inexplicable as twin posts.
    • benws1
      benws1 Posts: 415
      Apparently, bags of nuts have 'contains nuts' warnings on because not all nuts are the same. Tree nuts (almonds, cashews etc.) can cause a different reaction to legumes (peanuts).

I'm sure I have this correct. Anyone in the know to prove me wrong? :)
    • FishFish
      FishFish Posts: 2,152
      Is it true that Holby City is the OU medical degree and is it better than Cambridge?
      ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
    • FishFish wrote:
      Is it true that Holby City is the OU medical degree and is it better than Cambridge?

Indeed, in the same way that Suits will give you the equivalent of a Harvard law degree. Although don't make the same mistake as weekengcyclingfan who's only watched two episodes of season one but still thinks he's graduated ( you might have to pop over to Pro race "Wiggins cheat thread" to get that one :wink: )
    • team47b
      team47b Posts: 6,425
      Veronese68 wrote:
      ukiboy wrote:

No, that's not what we wrote. There you go with your reading and not understanding problem. You are either too stupid to understand or deliberately being obtuse.

It's called selective perception and refers to a number of cognitive biases in psychology related to the way expectations affect perception. Human judgment and decision making is distorted by an array of cognitive, perceptual and motivational biases, and people tend not to recognise their own bias, though they tend to easily recognise (and even overestimate) the operation of bias in human judgment by others. One of the reasons this might occur might be because people are simply bombarded with too much stimuli every day to pay equal attention to everything, therefore, they pick and choose according to their own needs.

BR may contain nuts.
      my isetta is a 300cc bike
    • keef66
      keef66 Posts: 13,123
      team47b wrote:
      BR may contain nuts.

There's no may about it.

I'm becoming fascinated by psychology. For a variety of reasons I'm doing CBT, and it really is revealing, even at times disturbing, when you honestly start to scrutinise your own thoughts and beliefs. And liberating when you start to change some of them. Weird stuff.

Is psychology something you can learn about casually? Is it a field in which there are lots of conflicting theories etc, or is there a body of mainstream opinion / practice and a few outliers?
    • team47b
      Mrs T just did this free online future learn course...

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/men ... well-being

She said it was up to date and fascinating and is easily done in the time that we all waste on here :wink:
      my isetta is a 300cc bike
    • pinno
      team47b wrote:
      ...and is easily done in the time that we all waste on here :wink:

What?!
    • team47b
      Pinno wrote:
      team47b wrote:
      ...and is easily done in the time that we all waste on here :wink: