MTB Accessory Colours

2»

Comments

• Idon't care how my bike looks because I built it to ride hard. I WILL crash it hard, repeatedly, it WILL get damaged and scratched and dented.

If money weren't an issue, you would pick your favourite colour / colour combination. Capitalism has defeated your love of the look of a thing. Which is sad.

I intend to clean the bike I have every time I ride it. Any scratches? 3M helicopter tape. Paint chips? Solved with a spray. Serious damage? Get it repaired.

Where's the soul? Where's the pride and joy of the thing? In reality, it's a little time spent giving it the respect it deserves.
    I don't want to worry about damaging the paint or putting a little dent in the frame.

You obviously have missed the point: those that care about the look of the thing can ride just as hard as you.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Tomb57 wrote:
    Sorry spent 40 years in motor trade don't matter if accessories are in the biggest range of
    Colours if it don't work it don't work so functionality is foremost (or should be) in consideration
    When buying .

Ha ha I've seen those stupid coloured toolboxes and screwdrivers you all
    Have now
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Tomb57 wrote:
    Sorry spent 40 years in motor trade don't matter if accessories are in the biggest range of
    Colours if it don't work it don't work so functionality is foremost (or should be) in consideration
    When buying .

Did someone suggest buying something that doesn't work because it's a certain colour?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I'm an engineer. Aesthetics don't interest me. If I buy a product for its function then all I'm interested in is it's functional performance and reliability. I couldn't care less how it looks.
    To be honest, I actually prefer the look of a bike which has some scars from being enjoyed. The colour coordinated, super immaculate bikes just look all wrong to me.
  • I'm an engineer. Aesthetics don't interest me.

I like how engineers support the world's society. My Grandfather was one. The thing is, he's also an expert gardener, so he finds pleasure in "Aesthetics," as you put it.

Maybe when you retire, you'll find a persuit similar.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I'm an engineer. Aesthetics don't interest me.

BuIIshït! We all care about aesthetics, some of us just have a weird hang up about admitting as much.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I don't care about aesthetics when it comes to machines such as my bikes. I don't really have an interest in how my car looks, it's not the best looking in its class but it's by far the most exciting to drive. A machine is a tool to do a job. What I do appreciate is a bit of character.
    I appreciate the aesthetics of the wife's front lumps, the rest is quite pleasing.
    As a rock climber I appreciate the aesthetic of a beautiful line on a cliff. An endless splitter crack always puts a smile on my mug.
  • tomb57
    tomb57 Posts: 2,043
    Never said I was tech and agree some of their tool boxes are strange for a functional
    Item but wtf if colour coordination is your thing great also just looked at my bike only
    accessories are my lights so why did I comment ah well back to the cricket
    Whoops who did that!
  • DanB8
    DanB8 Posts: 6
    cooldad wrote:
    Whatever matches your lipstick.

made me laugh