Painful niggles and a wonky body

Spooked
Spooked Posts: 90
Hi guys,

I have been off the bike for around a year due to a broken shoulder and hand.

Prior to my injuries (headlight failing on a night ride) I always had an issue in my right elbow which causes clicking and my left calf always felt like something internally was moving over something else and sort of clicked too (on the downwards stroke between 3-8 o'clock of the crank rotation). However I kind of put them out of my mind and got on with it.

I've been cleared to start riding again. I only jumped on the turbo for 30 minutes and found the same problem although this time around I have found myself locking my elbow on the right.

I come from mountain biking but I'm guessing my core should be holding my body at the correct angle for the best part and my arms should be relaxed? Is this right? I don't really know any different and not something I have really thought of before.

I have also noticed on all my bikes my saddle over time bends or collapses over to the right.

I'm thinking a bike fit is in need. But also bearing in mind that it looks like my body is probably rolling over to the left should I also look at a form of exercise to strengthen my core?

Interestingly the more upright on the bike my body is the worse the calf clicking. Which is pretty unpleasant and uncomfortable.

Really appreciate any help. It appears im not quite so normal as i thought..... :lol:

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Osteopath would be a good idea as a first port of call. They can sometimes be a bit ethereal, but I've found them useful for posture issues and related stuff.
  • Spooked
    Spooked Posts: 90
    Cool thanks for that. Much appreciated!