Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    No man's land that is Stevo, lack of commitment
    Go on then, what do you reckon I should get instead? Has to fit a DH bike without any dismantling or wheel removal.

I would rather take the wheels off my bike, than drive my grandads car
    I think you managed both last time you were at BPW :)

:)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    dream land, RS6 estate

real world a 3 series estate 320D, unless you don't care about the drive.

Just ditch the hatchback, you aren't 20 any more ;0 and nor are you 80 for the mazda.

The truck is a nice idea but it only works well when it is between house and trail centre not with the service station stop. (though you can get floor anchors for a truck) and the mpg is a nightmare.

Now we have entered into that dangerous and oft repeated topic of what car.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Flâneur wrote:
    dream land, RS6 estate

Just ditch the hatchback, you aren't 20 any more ;0 and nor are you 80 for the mazda.

The truck is a nice idea but it only works well when it is between house and trail centre not with the service station stop. (though you can get floor anchors for a truck) and the mpg is a nightmare.

Now we have entered into that dangerous and oft repeated topic of what car.
    We have. On ages you need to take mental age into account :)

Trucks are out for the lack of security reason.

RS6 estate or C/E63 AMG estate would be nice. But a bit pricey, petrol consumption through the roof and maybe not ideal for leaving in Welsh trail centre car parks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Security, just get a back for it:

mitsubishi_l200_2_5_di-d_4x4_barbarian_lwb_lb_176bhp_dcb_pick_up_tonneau_back_and_rails_pick_up_2071588.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Flâneur wrote:
    If you care about the drive you wouldn't buy a 320d. Petrol ideally, or if you have to have diesel a chipped 330. But 3 series are tiny. 535 would do the job, but as Stevo says attract unwanted attention. The Mazda being dull as fook has advantages.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Security, just get a back for it:

mitsubishi_l200_2_5_di-d_4x4_barbarian_lwb_lb_176bhp_dcb_pick_up_tonneau_back_and_rails_pick_up_2071588.jpg
    Good point but I cant see myself buying something that drives like a truck not a car. So as far as this ones concerned I'm out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    If you care about the drive you wouldn't buy a 320d. Petrol ideally, or if you have to have diesel a chipped 330. But 3 series are tiny. 535 would do the job, but as Stevo says attract unwanted attention. The Mazda being dull as fook has advantages.
    Apart from Welsh car parks it need to survive being parked outside my folks house in Redcar. So maybe a Vauxhall Viva with a vinyl roof?

Also as tempting as Flans Audi suggestion is, this a second car so I can push off (mainly out West and up North) without leaving wifey stranded. So cheapness is good, especially as I'm tight as a gnats chuff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Apart from Welsh car parks it need to survive being parked outside my folks house in Redcar. So maybe a Vauxhall Viva with a vinyl roof?

Also as tempting as Flans Audi suggestion is, this a second car so I can push off (mainly out West and up North) without leaving wifey stranded. So cheapness is good, especially as I'm tight as a gnats chuff.

The very thing. Save on B and B's when in Wales (invite sheep), open up kebab shop near a house in Shropshire, fit a red light and install a cash register when in Redcar.

627d30ed1c6c300a3107769dc3297a1b.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

The very thing. Save on B and B's when in Wales (invite sheep), open up kebab shop near a house in Shropshire, fit a red light and install a cash register when in Redcar.

627d30ed1c6c300a3107769dc3297a1b.jpg
    :D

Excellent, it would pay for itself in no time. The only drawback is the power unit might make people think that I'm T47b :shock: