'ning

wfh and pre-travel skive

off to cafe now though
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Salutations,

Awkward moment last night, after asking on here I decided to have a nose on google at some tips on removing kinesiology tape, one was smother it in baby oil for 10 mins or so and then hop in the shower and peel it off. Thought well, it beats tearing my leg hair out so decided to try it (it actually worked btw) but the gf decided to waltz into the bathroom while I was rubbing oil into my leg, it's a messy job and was getting all over the place. She just stood there looking at me, think if she wasn't ill it might've went somewhere :lol: but she just went to wazz and called me weird :(

Much better nights sleep, antibiotics seem to be doing the job for the gf so she slept the majority of the night thank god both out for the count by 9. Made the early gym session more bearable.

Physio check up tomorrow, get the verdict as to whether I can get back on the bike and start slowly putting the miles back on. The knee itself feels significantly better, barely tweaking at all, sometimes a dull ache but nothing like it was. We'll see.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Trying to get hold of the garage to service my car, when it comes to replacing this one at the end of the year I'll certainly be changing manufacturers.

On the plus side there is a nice parcel of winter cycling stuff at home waiting for me, on the downside it's so icy I would probably die if I went out...
  • Mrs SS WFH because of the snow. May go into the office.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    been to cafe, few emails, checked in, think i'll go back to cafe

palpable waves of demotivation are washing over me, life in globalmegacorp, the horror, the horror
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What is the car Hayden?

Went to the office in the end, mainly because I need to yell at people. Always sounds more fun that it is.

Wine later, cba going to town for dinner, so just wine. May go get some new shoes at lunch
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    LukeTC wrote:
    She just stood there looking at me, think if she wasn't ill it might've went somewhere :lol: but she just went to wazz and called me weird :(

...but she would have made the conclusion that you are a weird, leg shaving, spandex wearing cyclist in the first place. Any other seemingly inexplicable behavioural practices on your part can be simply attributed to and disregarded as the things that weird, leg shaving, spandex wearing cyclists do.

Maybe you should offer to do some Topiary on her front door mat and thereby impress her with your ability to use a razor. Which could get interesting and she would reap the benefit.

Just my thoughts.

What a fooking night. Very windy one too. I think i'll need a kip soon.
    2.40am Toots 2 gets up and switches all the lights on. Mum coaxes her back to bed.
    2.55am Toots 2 gets up and switches all the lights on again. Mum allocates job to me.
    3.10am Recycling box number 1 gets blown down the street emptying it's noisy contents of cans and bottles down the street (not ours).
    3.47am Cat plays piano on me. I elect to take cat downstairs and view the weather from the back door. Front door wasn't much better so he elected to stay.
    3.10am to 5.00am, wind noises interrupted and accompanied by more recycling boxes having a 'dauner'.
    6.00am. Cat repeats actions previously.
    6.30am Toots 2 gets up and switches lights on and wanders down stairs. I get up to switch the one's she doesn't need off.
    2 mins later, toots 2 decides to go to the loo and switches all the lights on...

Laters (if I survive)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • LukeTC
    Pinno wrote:
    Maybe you should offer to do some Topiary on her front door mat and thereby impress her with your ability to use a razor. Which could get interesting and she would reap the benefit.

Just my thoughts.
    I'd have a hard job to convince her to grow some foliage in the first place :lol:
  • haydenm
    Flâneur wrote:
    What is the car Hayden?

Isuzu D-max, they have a silly 'book a service' thing on their website and they haven't bothered getting back to me yet. It warns me it needs a service 500 miles before it needs to, I often do 1000 miles a week so I have to accept that it's just going to be over due. The company replace them every 3 years/100 miles (warranty dependent) so I'll likely be getting a new one at the end of the year, maybe an Amarok or a high specced Ranger for the same money.
    LukeTC wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Just my thoughts.
    I'd have a hard job to convince her to grow some foliage in the first place :lol:

She's underage?
  • LukeTC
    HaydenM wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:

She's underage?
    Fortunately for me, just very hair phobic, she even epilates her arms.

Which is weird because she'll happily spend out big money for real hair extensions :? so it must just be her own hair she hates.
  • Flâneur
    HaydenM wrote:

She's underage?

glad someone got that in
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • LukeTC
    Flâneur wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She's underage?

glad someone got that in
    Considering i'm from Bristol i'm surprised no one asked if she was my little sister :lol:
  • Woo, orders.

Boo, speaking* to staff.

Woo, hopefully less snagging on site.

Woo, weekend.

*not a bollocking, honest
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Interesting morning thus far. Woke up bunged up so did the obligatory blow of the nose in the shower, unfortunately this resulted in a lot of claret from both nostrils and a loud "ARGH" other half pokes her head round the door to see whats going on, so I calmly opened the shower door an said "blood will have blood" complete with face, hands an part of my chest covered. Apparently that's not a mature thing to do.
    Cleaned up myself and the shower post claret fountain an came to work to a mini blizzard which caused much panic people saying they needed to go home etc. It stopped within an hour but some still snuck home. Currently sat waiting on pizza then off to annoy the doctor as the nose bleeds are becoming too frequent.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Currently sat in the west wing awaiting luncheon, phew it's a bit hot today, hoping for some of your snow tomorrow, it's heading this way :D

Talking of bad things going downhill fast, what's the pound up to? Will mrs May cause it to melt on Tuesday, the pound that is, not the snow, with her positive attitude to Bexit? Can't see her reassuring the financial markets :D

Pinno, you need remote control lighting all controlled from the bedside table, not suggesting you switch the lights off just as the toots reach the bathroom! Just thought you might like to practice on an electrical project ahead of ppp.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Another Friday meeting fail, as its too far away from the local

More importantly anyone got any tweed they can lend me, as I'm going shooting tomorrow!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Sitting on a boring call with or South African lot, hope it doesn't drag too long as I have to torture some budgets later. Car is currently in for servicing and some brake pads - hopefully not too pricey. Not looking forward to walking back to the garage in this weather.

@TLW - nothing that would fit you, sorry :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    tweed, hunters, gun dogs, barbour jacket, only thing I'm missing are the guns.

47B, OFC nothing good will happen except you can come holiday here on the cheap

Stevo, you drive a mazda, nothing will be pricey, though sourcing a part for your estate may be an issue, doubt most of the drivers go through a set of brake pads at their speeds and sense of awareness.

Luke, you just needed to broadcast that prior to the statement.

Step has the maturity age which matches the number of hours pinno slept. which is a good thing.

Shoes bought time for some lunch
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Flâneur wrote:

Thanks for the offer, will the date mind? :D
  • haydenm
    LukeTC wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She's underage?

glad someone got that in
    Considering i'm from Bristol i'm surprised no one asked if she was my little sister :lol:

Same, but I don't have a sister so I've been thrown out for not complying. Keeping a low profile up here, compliance involves iron bru and heart disease...
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo, you drive a mazda, nothing will be pricey, though sourcing a part for your estate may be an issue, doubt most of the drivers go through a set of brake pads at their speeds and sense of awareness.
    It's a sporty hatchback I'll have you know :) The DH bike fits in without removing the wheels so no need for an estate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    team47b wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Thanks for the offer, will the date mind? :D

If you brought wine, she'd probably kick me out and let you stay (until the wine ran out)

No man's land that is Stevo, lack of commitment
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Go on then, what do you reckon I should get instead? Has to fit a DH bike without any dismantling or wheel removal.
  • team47b
    Change the bike, get a normal one :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Second day of first aid renewal done, not too hard at all. Didn't get slapped for inappropriate behaviour so that's a win Now chilling and sliding into the weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Change the bike, get a normal one :roll:
    Maybe I'll get second one if I need a tow :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Go on then, what do you reckon I should get instead? Has to fit a DH bike without any dismantling or wheel removal.

I would rather take the wheels off my bike, than drive my grandads car
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

A white pick up truck. Then you can hose it down whilst it is still in the back (unless it rains). Saves on a bit of effort.

You can also grow a proper mullet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

A white pick up truck. Then you can hose it down whilst it is still in the back (unless it rains). Saves on a bit of effort.

You can also grow a proper mullet.
    Now there's an idea - apart from when the bike gets nicked.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

I would rather take the wheels off my bike, than drive my grandads car
    I think you managed both last time you were at BPW :)