4iiii Power meter - sending away your crank for fitting. VAT and extra tax etc.

2»

Comments

• Harry-S wrote:
    The crank I got back was mine.
    There may be many others like it, but that crank was mine.
    Likewise - mine was returned (or they replicated the paintwear and UV ink perfectly)
  • To me, I really fail to understand on their website why it is the same cost for you to just buy one pre-installed on the arm and in a box instead of mailing your arm in.

A cursory search shows only that buying only the left arm costs about $50 US. So why wouldn't it be $50 US cheaper to mail in your crank arm?

Same labor, same parts, same return shipping as the brand new one.

Sounds silly but that last $50 does matter to me whether I would plunk down the cash right now for the upgrade.
  • Well I cracked and paid for one of these, and sent my crank off last week. I'm doing a team time trial next Saturday, so really help it gets back to me before then...

I'm not too optimistic, but Fedex tells me that it arrived in Canada yesterday so fingers crossed!
  • lee_d_m
    lee_d_m Posts: 51
    As an FYI, I just got hit with a £77 bill from Fedex on my 4iiii power meter, £65 was for VAT and another £12 fedex admin charge. Takes the total price to about £460. Seems to be working ok so far though and hasn't stopped after washing the bike, so it's an improvement on my Stages at least.
  • lee_d_m wrote:
    As an FYI, I just got hit with a £77 bill from Fedex on my 4iiii power meter, £65 was for VAT and another £12 fedex admin charge. Takes the total price to about £460. Seems to be working ok so far though and hasn't stopped after washing the bike, so it's an improvement on my Stages at least.
    Yep - I got that as well annoyingly. I thought the large delivery charge (like £60 I think) was to cover that, so that was a nasty surprise! Still, no complaints with it though - working great on my bike and the power tracks pretty closely to my Kickr.
  • rawjunk
    rawjunk Posts: 9
    Do your 4iii pm rattle like something is loose inside? It wasn't the battery/cover or bolts. I just bought 105 5800 version and it rattles, but seems to be working fine.
  • I've read nothing on this thread to figure out why anyone would buy this product.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    ...because Stages are made by Lizards apparently ,
    your s sincerely
    Happy Lizard owning Stages faultless through icecold , wet winter.
  • rawjunk
    rawjunk Posts: 9
    I've read nothing on this thread to figure out why anyone would buy this product.

Being poor was my reason :D 375€ shipped for pre-installed 105 5800 unit.