124»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    No I know.

I just like to play it straight and see what they come up with. :|
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    It does seem that this Steve bloke is either making his stop and search stories up or is one of those types who look like they're up to no good. I've met a few people who get stopped a lot. I was out with one of b that type once and it became clear. Their behaviour kind of brought them to the police's attention. Then add in an argumentative streak a mile wide and you get what you deserve.

I used to go out in Cambridge as a teenager. All middle class guys. One guy was black.

Every time we went out, he got stopped. Without fail. Never the rest of us, only him.

Anyway, he's now GP. Never committed a crime in his life. Never even dabbled in drugs i believe.

Some police abuse their power and they don't give a sh!t.

when i worked in London, a while back, we all had new company SRI 2.0l, there were a few black engineers, every single one got stopped at least once a month, i did the same area and never was, in 2 years.

the Police response was apparently "is this your car, have you stolen it?" it was ridiculous, blatant racism, a quick pcn check would have told em.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,662
    It does seem that this Steve bloke is either making his stop and search stories up or is one of those types who look like they're up to no good. I've met a few people who get stopped a lot. I was out with one of b that type once and it became clear. Their behaviour kind of brought them to the police's attention. Then add in an argumentative streak a mile wide and you get what you deserve.
    I think there's quite a gap between maybe not making life easy for yourself - in terms of attitude and what you choose to wear - and "deserving it". Surely you only deserve to be hassled by the police if you are actually engaged in criminal activity.

Even if you haven't experienced it directly yourself, you'd have to be a bit naive to think that it was all just down to suspicious-looking and argumentative people, just as the claims of some Met-wide conspiracy are exaggerated.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    No I know.

I just like to play it straight and see what they come up with. :|

No offence intended Rick apologies if it came across that way.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    rjsterry wrote:
    I think there's quite a gap between maybe not making life easy for yourself - in terms of attitude and what you choose to wear - and "deserving it". Surely you only deserve to be hassled by the police if you are actually engaged in criminal activity.

Even if you haven't experienced it directly yourself, you'd have to be a bit naive to think that it was all just down to suspicious-looking and argumentative people, just as the claims of some Met-wide conspiracy are exaggerated.

The people who are using the claim of a met wide conspiracy (or similar) are the ones saying "but this can't be true as it would involve a met/larger conspiracy" ...

Rather I see this more as human nature when people are given power and not adequately controlled. No "conspiracy" (in Guy Fawkes terms) is necessary, just lack of accountability.

It appears that if you turn round and claim "the cameras were accidentally switched off" or "the orders for the operation were accidentally deleted" that ultimately nothing happens.... questions are asked and the default is to ask for proof of something that no longer exists or perhaps never did....

Time moves on ... parliamentary or other investigations get written up and the proof is not available ... just a very very strong suspicion....

What used to be questioned such as missing pages from a PC's notebook doesn't seem to be questioned in the same way when a digital record has been "lost" ... any independent person could look at a notebook with a ripped out page and see something had been ripped out and perhaps some expert in forensics could then see what had been ripped out quite quickly.... today we have missing orders and operation plans that "got accidentally deleted" but noone blinks an eye.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    How about this.
    Hampshire Constabulary closed down my town's police station due to cost cutting a couple of years ago. And this week they announce that since the closure crime has increased by 39%.
    Thankyou Tory cutbacks.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,662
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill