Wear helmet on the turbo trainer?

13»

Comments

• benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    I wear a Darth Vader helmet when on the turbo. When I get going on an interval session, I can mimic his breathing noise from the films. :)
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I found it easier to just drape a towel over my head this morning ..... permanent stream of sweat falling in to my eyes, I need one of those 1980's head bands

Had I fallen off I feel the towel would have offered adequate protection seeing that relative to the ground I I would only be hitting it at 8 mph .. I think .... 9.81m/s2 falling 1.25meters ?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    fat daddy wrote:
    ..I would only be hitting it at 8 mph .. I think .... 9.81m/s2 falling 1.25meters ?
    Is Britain the only Country that seamlessly swaps between measurement systems, even mid calculation? :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    fat daddy wrote:
    I found it easier to just drape a towel over my head this morning ..... permanent stream of sweat falling in to my eyes, I need one of those 1980's head bands

Had I fallen off I feel the towel would have offered adequate protection seeing that relative to the ground I I would only be hitting it at 8 mph .. I think .... 9.81m/s2 falling 1.25meters ?

What if you would have landed on your hand? Your legs could have fallen off.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    ..I would only be hitting it at 8 mph .. I think .... 9.81m/s2 falling 1.25meters ?
    Is Britain the only Country that seamlessly swaps between measurement systems, even mid calculation? :lol:

No I think they do it in the US now as well to get alternative answers
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    PBlakeney wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

No I think they do it in the US now as well to get alternative answers
    Rumour has it NASA tried it once, and failed spectacularly! :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605

What if you would have landed on your hand? Your legs could have fallen off.

It will never happen .... rather than learn how to dismount my bike I researched falling techniques so i don't land on my hands
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I was reminded of this thread when I found myself on the floor last night clipped into a rear-wheel less frame, after apparently not attaching my bike to the direct drive trainer properly!

No harm done to me in the end other than battered pride, but once I reflected on it, I wasn't fair off smashing my head onto the side of the TV unit!!

The bike on the other hand, needs a replacement rear hanger and mech :roll:
    I too have just painful reminder given I recommended the use of a bouldering crashpad. I fell off my home climbing wall in the garage landed on said crashpad bounced in to the garage wall and nearly knocked my self out. :oops:
    Needing to wear a climbing helmet in the garage, is that worse than on the turbo.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    I wore my motorcycle helmet whilst using the PC steering wheel, really adds more atmosphere.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    mario-cipollini-riding-naked-his-indoor-bike..jpg
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme