Warm bib tights

2»

Comments

• MikeBrew wrote:
    Castelli Sorpasso are circa £111 in the sales. I haven't got any but friends who have, report that they are extremely wind proof and effective at keeping one warm.. I just bought some castelli nano flex bibshorts and use these with nanoflex leg warmers, to give me options as the weather warms up. Plenty warm enough if riding hard-ish - been out in 37F and stayed warm enough, as long as not dawdling - and a good degree o water repel-ency too.
    I already had the leg warmers so the bibshorts made sense @ £68 on sale.
    Nano flex bib longs are £88 or there abouts...

The Sorpasso are absolutely not windproof. Not the not windproof ones anyway. What they are is incredibly warm for such lightweight tights. Incredibly warm.

Personally I don't like windproof ones all that much as the fit is almost impossible to be absolutely happy with. The Lusso nitelife or dhb normal aeron are great choices.

Echo this, I have the 3/4 sorpasso and they're a pain, far too warm on the body and legs so the only temp I can wear them in gives me cold calfs...
    I imagine the full length would be ideal for 0-5 degrees.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Well the DHB Deep winters arrived yesterday, so i popped out for a not so quick 25 today ! - there are very warm Im pleased with choice - the fit was fine - if I am being really picky they are slightly baggy around the crotch - but no real problems..

the only downside is I want a jacket made from the same stuff !
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    I use Specialized winter bib tights, although the pad is quite robust and isnt a particularly good fit round the ganderparts.

I much prefer to use some hideous but really comfortable bib SHORTS that I still love but wouldnt be seen dead in, and to wear winter running tights over the top. The double layer of fabric around the nutzack means that they rarely get frozen.
  • I bought these for airsoft. Knee pads in pants are very difficult to place on, but once placed on they do not fall off or go anywhere. The pants have a softer material at the flex points within the seat and knee area, which makes them extremely comfortable to wear over long periods of your time. I will be able to definitely be buying more of those sets from Idogear in numerous camouflage patterns.
  • Sportful no rain
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,314
    Haha, did the usual check for all samanthanichols posts to flag them as obvious spam, and got this message.

@Jack_Luke this is not a genuine post. Difficult to believe the user hasn't been removed, tbh.