Bye Bye b.1998 we hardly knew ye!

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited January 2017 in Road general
I on behalf of all at BikeRadar would like to give a fond farewell to our good friend, the superstar cyclist that is b.1998. He has outgrown us not just as a friend but as a cyclist. We are just way out of his league it seams. I would therefore like to invite all members of the forum to wish him all the best and send him on his way safe in the knowledge that he is off to far greater things. I'm sure we will see his name in lights, be it the next superstar cyclist, chess grandmaster, undisputed boxing champion or Tennis grandslam winner. I'm confident the guy can do it all.

Please feel free to leave a heart felt message to our good friend in this thread so he knows just how gutted we are he is leaving us.

Thank you one and all

xxx

Comments

• b. 1998
    b. 1998 Posts: 88
    The quicker i leave this forum, the better. See y'all thanks for the help, today's my last day
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    What I don't get is he's off to school, so can't ride for 10 weeks. Yet he's nearly 19.

So, boarding school by the sounds of it and he's also at least a year behind. He is hard to like but I do have some pity.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    b. 1998 wrote:
    The quicker i leave this forum, the better. See y'all thanks for the help, today's my last day

Why wait that long?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • smoggysteve
    Hey now this is a farewell page. Please don't talk about our distinguished guest like that.
  • b. 1998
    cooldad wrote:
    b. 1998 wrote:

Why wait that long?
    Im leaving the forum today
  • b. 1998
    What I don't get is he's off to school, so can't ride for 10 weeks. Yet he's nearly 19.

So, boarding school by the sounds of it and he's also at least a year behind. He is hard to like but I do have some pity.
    We call school anything from secondary school to uni. I'm doing a maths degree mate
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    b. 1998 wrote:

We call school anything from secondary school to uni. I'm doing a maths degree mate

And? You could be doing a PhD but you'd still be a cunt. Just a cunt who is educated to a higher level. But still a cunt.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    b. 1998 wrote:

Who is "we"? Surely you haven't got friends?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    b. 1998 wrote:

Who is "we"? Surely you haven't got friends?

Their all in his head, they tell him things
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Good luck with the maths degree. Avoid analysis if possible. And wave equations. Lagrange is ok - prob final year.

Better to take up fishing.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    FishFish wrote:
    Good luck with the maths degree. Avoid analysis if possible. And wave equations. Lagrange is ok - prob final year.

Better to take up fishing.

A Poisson distribution? :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • A maths degree... Its amazing what pond life can do these days.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    If you don't like someone, just ignore them.

These sorts of threads are really disappointing and unnecessary.
  • You mean I've wasted the effort of putting him in my ignore list?
  • Secteur wrote:
    If you don't like someone, just ignore them.

These sorts of threads are really disappointing and unnecessary.

But, kinda fun.

This lads retired more times than Wiggo ... I've read that he's leaving umpteen times already today.

Goodbye chap ;)
  • smudgerii
    smudgerii Posts: 125
    Slowmart wrote:
    b. 1998 wrote:

And? You could be doing a PhD but you'd still be a ****. Just a **** who is educated to a higher level. But still a ****.

Brilliant post...
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    I on behalf of all at BikeRadar would like to give a fond farewell to our good friend, the superstar cyclist that is b.1998. He has outgrown us not just as a friend but as a cyclist. We are just way out of his league it seams. I would therefore like to invite all members of the forum to wish him all the best and send him on his way safe in the knowledge that he is off to far greater things. I'm sure we will see his name in lights, be it the next superstar cyclist, chess grandmaster, undisputed boxing champion or Tennis grandslam winner. I'm confident the guy can do it all.

Please feel free to leave a heart felt message to our good friend in this thread so he knows just how gutted we are he is leaving us.

Thank you one and all

xxx

What I don't understand is how do you know he is leaving?
  • hsiaolc wrote:

Thank you one and all

xxx

What I don't understand is how do you know he is leaving?

Other thread....
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    I assume he's gone now then?

TFFT.
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • So this guy is a bit full of himself and has posted a provocative thread questioning whether road cycling is a skillful sport. He's certainly got a reaction here! Why take such exception to somebody who tries to provoke debate ? If his threads annoy you why not ignore them ?

I'm a member of many forums on many interests but have never come across a thread specifically intended to humiliate a member (or ex member) in this way.

First post by the way so I'll probably not be flavour of the month now!
  • smoggysteve
    I understand coming in without knowing the full picture you are unaware of the blatant abuse he was coming out with. Some of his comments were homophobic and ageist amongst other things.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    You need to read all his threads first Neil.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    No need to lower oneself to another's level though... that's just not civilised.

As per my initial post abive, I think this thread is unnecessary and not in the spirit of this forum.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    Is Neil b.1998?
  • smoggysteve
    He mouthed off about how he was leaving blah blah cycling is beneath him and cyclists are weak. The thread was tongue in cheek if you hadn't noticed. If yiu really believe he was hounded out then you really need to develop a soh. He said numerous times x post was his last before he again posted more drivel. I was merely mocking his drawn out dramatic exit
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    So this guy is a bit full of himself and has posted a provocative thread questioning whether road cycling is a skillful sport. He's certainly got a reaction here! Why take such exception to somebody who tries to provoke debate ? If his threads annoy you why not ignore them ?

I'm a member of many forums on many interests but have never come across a thread specifically intended to humiliate a member (or ex member) in this way.

First post by the way so I'll probably not be flavour of the month now!

Depends when you intend turning pro. Or something.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I don't doubt what either of you say but looking at the forum rules:

9 ) Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    I don't doubt what either of you say but looking at the forum rules:

9 ) Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.
    Perhaps you should PM that to b.1998
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I am impressed by him to be honest ..... ultimately what he wanted was attention .... and he did it so well that he didn't even need to post and someone started this thread for him, that then escalated.

Nice one b.1998 ..... you are a true work of genius