Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

tuesday callin' from the fun house

sungodsungod Posts: 13,227
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another day another ride, going to be a nippy one

at the cafe which cake shall it be? eccles would be nice, but don't see them around these days
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,930
    Still over at the wife's uncles, with house envy

When the wife surfaces we will probably head back and have a relaxed day around the house, when I say relaxed I imagine there will be paintballing and go-kart fun with the rugrats
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,944
    Morning,a frosty start here but the wind has dropped, so I will be out on the bike shortly
    Have a good day
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,868
    Gentle start to the day. Pick headphones up for youngest, charity shop drop off for the wife, grunt at eldest and finally last shift of 2016 tonight. Apparently lots of people drink alcohol and extra coffee at this time of year, so we work through to ensure steady supply of the latter beverage. The extra dosh goes to my N+1
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,488 Lives Here
    Morning folks.
    My new weather station thingy tells me it's now a balmy 4'C and sunny. The window confirms it is indeed sunny. Might go out for a stroll shortly, maybe with a pub stop en route.
  • Couldn't find an open cafe yesterday, seems even chillier today.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,041
    Thanking everyone for going today. Chilling around the home and phoned some LBS to see who was open as I need some pedals as my look keo's are knackered and being the shittest pealds I've ever owned means a new pair rather than a refurb.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,083
    Good lie in, lunch and and a walk in that thar countryside.

Now time for a run I think.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,277
    oxoman wrote:
    ...charity shop drop off for the wife...

We really need to have a clear out too since the avalanche of pressies fro the toots.

Me worked today me. Mostly calm with a bit of sunshine. Pedalling later this week.
    Next week OH is off and will be off for 6 weeks. That means vicarious pedalling and PPP malarkey.

I have Look Keo carbon - lovely. Got them on here. Pretty sure you'll get a pair on fleabay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Look-KEO-2-MA ... SwxN5WXuSa

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,041
    pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

We really need to have a clear out too since the avalanche of pressies fro the toots.

Me worked today me. Mostly calm with a bit of sunshine. Pedalling later this week.
    Next week OH is off and will be off for 6 weeks. That means vicarious pedalling and PPP malarkey.

I have Look Keo carbon - lovely. Got them on here. Pretty sure you'll get a pair on fleabay.

Laters.

Cheers Pinno, I had the Carbon blades which comprehensively squeaked unless you applied black tape to them. The cleats wore out quickly and after 12 months the left pedal needed a refurb at which point I've swapped them for a new pair of shimano spd's.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,277
    slowmart wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Laters.

Cheers Pinno, I had the Carbon blades which comprehensively squeaked unless you applied black tape to them. The cleats wore out quickly and after 12 months the left pedal needed a refurb at which point I've swapped them for a new pair of shimano spd's.

I remember:

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13065380&p=19885654&hilit=ko+pedals+squeaking#p19885654

I had that - especially with the grey cleats. Cured with a bit of grease on the lock plate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!