tuesday callin' from the fun house

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another day another ride, going to be a nippy one

at the cafe which cake shall it be? eccles would be nice, but don't see them around these days
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Still over at the wife's uncles, with house envy

When the wife surfaces we will probably head back and have a relaxed day around the house, when I say relaxed I imagine there will be paintballing and go-kart fun with the rugrats
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning,a frosty start here but the wind has dropped, so I will be out on the bike shortly
    Have a good day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks.
    My new weather station thingy tells me it's now a balmy 4'C and sunny. The window confirms it is indeed sunny. Might go out for a stroll shortly, maybe with a pub stop en route.
  • Couldn't find an open cafe yesterday, seems even chillier today.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Thanking everyone for going today. Chilling around the home and phoned some LBS to see who was open as I need some pedals as my look keo's are knackered and being the shittest pealds I've ever owned means a new pair rather than a refurb.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Good lie in, lunch and and a walk in that thar countryside.

Now time for a run I think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    oxoman wrote:
    ...charity shop drop off for the wife...

We really need to have a clear out too since the avalanche of pressies fro the toots.

Me worked today me. Mostly calm with a bit of sunshine. Pedalling later this week.
    Next week OH is off and will be off for 6 weeks. That means vicarious pedalling and PPP malarkey.

I have Look Keo carbon - lovely. Got them on here. Pretty sure you'll get a pair on fleabay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Look-KEO-2-MA ... SwxN5WXuSa

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

We really need to have a clear out too since the avalanche of pressies fro the toots.

Me worked today me. Mostly calm with a bit of sunshine. Pedalling later this week.
    Next week OH is off and will be off for 6 weeks. That means vicarious pedalling and PPP malarkey.

I have Look Keo carbon - lovely. Got them on here. Pretty sure you'll get a pair on fleabay.

Laters.

Cheers Pinno, I had the Carbon blades which comprehensively squeaked unless you applied black tape to them. The cleats wore out quickly and after 12 months the left pedal needed a refurb at which point I've swapped them for a new pair of shimano spd's.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Laters.

Cheers Pinno, I had the Carbon blades which comprehensively squeaked unless you applied black tape to them. The cleats wore out quickly and after 12 months the left pedal needed a refurb at which point I've swapped them for a new pair of shimano spd's.

I remember:

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13065380&p=19885654&hilit=ko+pedals+squeaking#p19885654

I had that - especially with the grey cleats. Cured with a bit of grease on the lock plate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!