Some really helpful eating advice for the Xmas period...

Comments

• Shameless plug but possibly some useful information, and for that reason I'm not going to flag it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Eat whatever you want, it's Christmas!!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Spam is ok at Christmas, apparently...
  • Imposter wrote:
    Spam is ok at Christmas, apparently...

Couple of tins fit well in a jersey pocket and it's easier to open and eat than gels.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    It's a only a couple of weeks ..... 2 weeks of excessive overeating and drinking is probably a good idea.
  • mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    I'm beginning my carb loading for next season... The whole of next season, so bugger off and let me fatten up :D
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    oxoman wrote:
    Best advice for weight saving over Xmas is don't eat.

Not true ..... I have heard from several fat people that claim they don't eat anything but still put on weight, they have special snowflake metabolisms that defy the basic laws of thermodynamics and can generate more energy than they fuel for

edit: oh and for the truly stupid people ..... that was a joke at lazy peoples expense :twisted:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Last year I must have been the only cyclist to to the Rapha 500 and put weight on.

Seriously bad management on my behalf as I simply thought it was a license to eat....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • You mean it isn't?

I'd possibly commit to the 500 if I didn't have so many do's to attend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.