A Number of Warning

2»

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Snigger
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    SirT35 wrote:
    I have a very nice smooth riding 25 inch second-hand M Steel frame,except a pre owner has jammed the BB adjuster cup,so redundant at present any tips as to removal apart from a blowtorch.Local bike shops have tried and failed ,as did my try with a Coal Hammer and Chisel.

As I have enjoyed your ramblings (although not understood most of it) I will attempt to help on your little problem. Just clamp the BB adjuster in a good workshop vice (not a woodworking vice or workmate), then use the whole frame as a lever to unscrew it (make sure you know which way to turn it to loosen). If that does not work then throw the complete frame in a skip.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    SirT35 wrote:
    Thank you for your comments
    Regards English,

To attract less critical comments I suggest you try writing in sentences rather than as though you were speaking to us.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I think Sir is either a chatbot, or using Google translate to convert the original Mandarin Chinese into Russian, then English.

Or Yoda has started a cycling blog.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I reckon a chatbot written in the Mandarin version of Scratch for a primary project then ported to the Russian version of Mindf*** (programming language, look it up) and translated into English by Donald Trump's diplomatic corps with the aid of Boris Johnson.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I am a bit confused what rim depth has got to do with pinch flats.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

You're not the only one who is confused.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    A Number of Warning
    by SirT35 » 10 Dec 2016 00:32

Cycling since 7 have ridden many miles and have about 7 bikes some just frames.Bought only one new, a cheap aluminium
    but with the modern gearing.However took six months before modified to my liking.
    Previously only had Steel Frames,and would never buy an alu frame or deep rims again (needing 90 plus psi to avoid pinch punctures makes riding corrugated roofing more comfortable) .A suspension seat stem an improvement, but had so many pinch punctures and difficulty removing old tube etc on the road and with the need to reach such high Psi i now carry a Stirrup Pump !!!!!!!!
    So my warning of 40 plus years cycling only buy steel frames with lugs for a carrier and mudguards, with shallow clinchers as they need less than 80 psi.Tyres i got from Wigan 27 1 and a quarter (31mm)on shallow clinchers v good
    For Road Craft cars hurt, let them pass,keep to quieter routes.Always stay behind left indicator in traffic so can see drivers head movements and wheel turning and expect the worst,not knocked off so far though many have tried.NEVER undertake a lorry or bus unless it is blocked in.

You and Tony Rees should do a podcast together.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    If that's the only bit that confused you you're doing better than most.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Choose a life. Choose a job. Choose 7 bikes. Choose aluminium with f*cking modern gearing. Choose washing machines, cars, steel frames and stirrup pumps...Choose a suspension seat stem and wondering who the f*ck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing Eurosprt commentary, sticking PED's into your mouth. Choose rotting away in the end of it all, trying to avoid pinch punctures, nothing more than an embarrassment to the tyres you got from Wigan. Choose deep rims......why the f*ck would I want to do a thing like that?
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    Andcp wrote:
    Choose a life. Choose a job. Choose 7 bikes. Choose aluminium with f*cking modern gearing. Choose washing machines, cars, steel frames and stirrup pumps...Choose a suspension seat stem and wondering who the f*ck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing Eurosprt commentary, sticking PED's into your mouth. Choose rotting away in the end of it all, trying to avoid pinch punctures, nothing more than an embarrassment to the tyres you got from Wigan. Choose deep rims......why the f*ck would I want to do a thing like that?

:lol::lol::lol:
    I ride therefore I am
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Andcp wrote:

Is that Talking Heads??
  • Trainspotting IIRC.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Andcp wrote:

Excellent Sir!

Posts like these that keep me going over the winter.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    keef66 wrote:
    Is that Talking Heads??

That could work too

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where is that steel bicycle?
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful wheel
    This is not my beautiful bike

etc....
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Is that Talking Heads??

That could work too

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself

etc....

And you may ask yourself
    Who the fuck let him in here?
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I pictured him more like this bloke (not entirely safe for work):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebF2cgmFmU
  • Andcp wrote:

/thread

Gold! :D
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Is that Talking Heads??

That could work too

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself

etc....
    See my username :D
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I think the guy could be Rowley Birkin QC from the fast show.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Andcp wrote:

He didn't choose life. He chose something different.

Obviously.
  • Does the OP have anything to say on the subject of "Really good decal suppliers" ????
  • beak58
    beak58 Posts: 142
    Future sticky material here.
    Fantastic thread. Keep it coming OP. From one lush to another.
  • and the funniest thread of the year goes too...
  • Gotta laugh LOL.I am Unwittingly witty,move over the Ronnies. Forks Candles too you HAH HAH My reposters may be doing too much Weeding.HAH HAH !!!.My drollness is unbounded
    Thanks to Bbrap,but tried that, as thread only exposed by less than quarter inch vice cannot grip.Any other ideas be appreciated.
  • bring back manc33