Guy Martin is at it again!

13»

Comments

• Apparently he's had to quit because of a problem with his Achilles.
  • It's interesting because Achilles seems to be, um, the Achilles for people that suddenly do a lot of multiday long distance stuff. I had it when I did London to Edinburgh: my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th century rides on consecutive days and I was struck by how many people that did the 2-day version were suffering the same. I've never had an Achilles issue before or since.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Rolf F wrote:
    I yet to recover from discovering that John Noakes didn't really walk the Pennine Way........

Did he ride the milk race too?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,733
    This posted on his facebook page.

54eq2e.jpg

Not sure I'd contemplate 4,800 miles in 20 days on that config bike. (like I'd be contemplating at all...)
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    I wonder if they'vegot enough footage to put together a TV program? It is supposed to be on Ch4 29 December............
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • natrix wrote:
    I wonder if they'vegot enough footage to put together a TV program? It is supposed to be on Ch4 29 December............

They can do like the Chinese desert traverse... it was a non story, so they filled the hour up with bits and bops... they might show him going to Asda in Grimsby to stock up on bananas or show how many holes there are in his socks...

Channel 4 are good at making programs out of non events, just look at the celebrity jungle thing...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Channel 4 are good at making programs out of non events, just look at the celebrity jungle thing...
    That's ITV - non-event programming made on a much bigger budget than Channel 4 :mrgreen:
    He still comes across a bit camera shy even after all this time. You'll notice he very rarely talks to camera, if at all. There's always someone either on or off camera that he's nattering away to.

True, but that style just makes for better TV, that it looks like you're sitting in on a conversation rather than someone talking at you.
  • natrix wrote:

They can do like the Chinese desert traverse... it was a non story, so they filled the hour up with bits and bops... they might show him going to Asda in Grimsby to stock up on bananas or show how many holes there are in his socks...

Channel 4 are good at making programs out of non events, just look at the celebrity jungle thing...

The last series of "Speed with Guy Martin" consisted entirely of challenges he failed to complete.

• The last series of "Speed with Guy Martin" consisted entirely of challenges he failed to complete.

The airship annoyed me the most.. .as it's totally pointless... helium airships will never be a viable way to fly, even the Germans knew that and used highly flammable hydrogen instead... there simply isn't enough helium on this planet... they wasted a precious commodity for a totally pointless effort... and on top of that they failed miserably
    left the forum March 2023
  • Transit van open road challenge: Did ok
    Pedal Powered airship: Complete failure
    Fastest human powered boat: Complete failure
    Worlds fastest motorbike: Pretty good, but failed.
  • Transit van open road challenge: fairly complete failure by his mate to account for tire expansion
    Pedal Powered airship: Complete failure
    Fastest human powered boat: Complete failure
    Worlds fastest motorbike: Didn't even do a full high speed pass

FTFY.
    Road - '10 Giant Defy 3.5
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
    BMX - '04 Haro Nyquist R24 (don't judge me)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    natrix wrote:

This entirely - plus 5 mins "re-cap" of the previous segments events at the beginning of each segment. Plus a further minute of him falling off at the TT and pulling a wheelie.

Most probably with some commentary along the lines of "mad cap motorcyclist and people's favorite Guy Martin .....".
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.