Alps and TSS

FatTed
FatTed Posts: 1,205
I did a week in the Alps last summer, not as fit as I would have liked to be. I have the TSS for that week, I plan on doing a week next summer. The question is should I be doing in my training similar TSS as I did in my week in the Alps, or some percentage of it? Does it matter how the TSS is made up?

Comments

• FatTed wrote:
    I did a week in the Alps last summer, not as fit as I would have liked to be. I have the TSS for that week, I plan on doing a week next summer. The question is should I be doing in my training similar TSS as I did in my week in the Alps, or some percentage of it? Does it matter how the TSS is made up?
    I wouldn't get too focussed on TSS, besides surely you would focus on CTL?
    For riding the alps, assuming long days in the saddle I would start by building up the endurance, join a club if you aren't already in one, Sunday Club rides with the right club will help build endurance, then work on muscular endurance so plenty of Tempo riding (Zone 3), if you live anywhere near hill start to get plently of hill work and if you have preferably long steady climbs then work on staying in the saddle when you ride up them.
    Build up to long rides of 80+ miles with varied terrain and that should get you round, but more intensity in your training like tempo and sweetspot will get you round faster.