Farage: US Ambassador

124»

Comments

• Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    i pay about £900 per month in tax/NI, i dont mind one bit, its whats makes for a decent society.
    You need to work harder :wink:
    Or get a better accountant to reduce that tax bill.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    i pay about £900 per month in tax/NI, i dont mind one bit, its whats makes for a decent society.

He can't afford one on that salary :wink:
  • Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

He can't afford one on that salary :wink:

Or already has one.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    !

if i did that, how would mrfpb manage? :lol:
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    mamba80 wrote:
    You bought up the topic with a little dig on "starting a family" thread

8) What happens on the family thread STAYS on the family thread. 8)
    mamba80 wrote:
    i pay about £900 per month in tax/NI, i dont mind one bit, its whats makes for a decent society

I pay £800 a month in tax/NI, and would pay more but my pension payments go through my PAYE, so tax relief for my pension is at source. So that would place us both in roughly the same income bracket.

Some people get tax breaks via salary sacrifice schemes for bikes and cars, some have been getting them for gym memberships (but that's going to stop). Do you resent their benefits as much as you resent mine, after all it's their lifestyle choice you're funding.

Tax credits were always in the sights of the Tories, and they are excessive. But I'm not going to feel guilty about applying for and receiving a tax credit that HMRC offer to me.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    mrfpb wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

mamba80 wrote:
    i pay about £900 per month in tax/NI, i dont mind one bit, its whats makes for a decent society

I pay £800 a month in tax/NI, and would pay more but my pension payments go through my PAYE, so tax relief for my pension is at source. So that would place us both in roughly the same income bracket.

Some people get tax breaks via salary sacrifice schemes for bikes and cars, some have been getting them for gym memberships (but that's going to stop). Do you resent their benefits as much as you resent mine, after all it's their lifestyle choice you're funding.

Tax credits were always in the sights of the Tories, and they are excessive. But I'm not going to feel guilty about applying for and receiving a tax credit that HMRC offer to me.

Your like a dog with a bone!

Seems i need to check my payslips, its 900 plus NI, the car is a bit of a hit, annoying as its essential for the job, PAYE for you but so long as you can get to go on a 2nd foreign holiday, i m happy for you lol!

no i dont resent it at all....honest! but perhaps the countries finances would be a little better if people didnt have so many kids, when they clearly cannot even begin to afford them, yet are more than happy for the state to fund their family.

my original point to you, is that as a committed OUTer, i m surprised you never thought about the "what if...." scenario.

for farage, any eco down turn will not effect him one iota, esp if he fcuks off state side, he is without doubt one of the few people i truly dislike.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    mamba80 wrote:
    As for Farage, as i said the sooner he becomes our man in Washington the better.

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm coming round to that idea. To preserve the 'special relationship' we're going to need a spunktrumpet to liaise with that cockwomble.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,663
    mamba80 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

mamba80 wrote:

Your like a dog with a bone!

Seems i need to check my payslips, its 900 plus NI, the car is a bit of a hit, annoying as its essential for the job, PAYE for you but so long as you can get to go on a 2nd foreign holiday, i m happy for you lol!

no i dont resent it at all....honest! but perhaps the countries finances would be a little better if people didnt have so many kids, when they clearly cannot even begin to afford them, yet are more than happy for the state to fund their family.
    The idea that the poor should not breed is a bit 19th century, don't you think? Given that pensions account for 44% of welfare spending but family benefits account for just 17%, maybe we should be having more children, whose taxes in a couple of decades may stand a chance of covering the cost of all those who "can't begin to afford" to live so long after they retire.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Motogull wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    As for Farage, as i said the sooner he becomes our man in Washington the better.

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm coming round to that idea. To preserve the 'special relationship' we're going to need a spunktrumpet to liaise with that cockwomble.

When has the special relationship worked?

When Bill Clinton granted a visa to Gerry Adams?

When Bush ignored Blair on multiple occasions around Iraq & the Israeli invasion of Lebanon?

Or was it when Obama told Cameron off for the BP spill?

And when did foreign leaders appoint other countries' ambassadors? And why wouldn't that worry you about a conflict of interest, particularly given Farage's comments on the current British political leadership vs America's?
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Oh its a complete mess and no mistake. I know some fervent Brexiteers who want Nige to pack it in after the referendum. Nige can bleat all he wants but No 10 ain't gonna give him a thing no matter what the cockwomble wants.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Was there a UKIP candidate in Richmond I have not been paying attention?
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    RideOnTime wrote:

No - they supported Zac.

That may explain the result.
  • RideOnTime wrote:

No, they gave their support to Goldsmith. The LibDems played that up massively with leaflets saying "Who is Nigel Farage supporting in this election?".
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    mrfpb wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

No - they supported Zac.

That may explain the result.
    Tories and UKIP threw their weight behind ZAC. UKIP would have lost their deposit if they'd stood and they know it. A former UKIP spokeswoman said a few years back that it was obvious why they performed badly in London, the population are better educated. I don't think she works for them any more.