Black Friday Deals

kleinstroker
kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Apologies if there's already a thread, couldn't see it, but thought we should have somewhere to put all the deals going around Black Friday, and there are some crackers.

Here's one to start

Oakley Radar EV Path Sunglasses - Prizm Road TDF
oakley-radar-path-sunglasses-prizm-road-tdf-yellow-EV278079-1000-1.jpg
https://www.evanscycles.com/oakley-radar-ev-path-sunglasses-prizm-road-tdf-EV278079

Comments

• Bargains thread this way;
    viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12670609
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    It's already on that thread, a page or two back now perhaps.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Perfect if you are colourblind or have no taste.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Problem I have with polycarbonate glasses is that I drop them pretty much on a daily basis, so they get scratched in no time. If I pay 20 quid for them, I don't mind too much, but even 50% off, Oakleys are way too expensive for my clumsiness.

How do you guys manage not to drop them?
    left the forum March 2023
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    By constantly thinking about how expensive they were.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734

How do you guys manage not to drop them?

By balancing them on my nose and ears!
  • Bargains thread this way;
    viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12670609

Yeah I know that thread well, but it doesn't get as much traffic as here, so thought it would be a good idea. A lot of the BF deals will not last very long
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    The commuter section has this stuff locked down.. but Sigma have or had a load of Stages Gen 2 powermeters for £195-300

Picked up one of these in 170mm for £215 using code NEW5, only 180mm arms left..
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Stages ... d-Gen/ESYH
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Chapeau have got some of their Etape jerseys down to £20 with their usual free postage and free returns.

Also been some good deals on the Pactimo site. Their outlet stuff was massively reduced. A lot of the men's stuff has sold out but some great deals still on women's gear, for example some jerseys are only £11 or £14.
  • MrB123 wrote:
    Chapeau have got some of their Etape jerseys down to £20 with their usual free postage and free returns.

Also been some good deals on the Pactimo site. Their outlet stuff was massively reduced. A lot of the men's stuff has sold out but some great deals still on women's gear, for example some jerseys are only £11 or £14.

Bit of bad press on Pactimo sizing over on the bargains thread so worth reading.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    MrB123 wrote:

Bit of bad press on Pactimo sizing over on the bargains thread so worth reading.

I ordered a couple of things from the women's outlet as presents which appear true to size. Never had any issues with them in the past when I've ordered stuff for myself either I should add.
  • iPete wrote:
    The commuter section has this stuff locked down.. but Sigma have or had a load of Stages Gen 2 powermeters for £195-300

Picked up one of these in 170mm for £215 using code NEW5, only 180mm arms left..
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Stages ... d-Gen/ESYH

missed that one! great find
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cannon ... -2016/A36U

Caad 12 Disc F&F - Very Good Price !
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    just another way to get us to part with money for thing we dont need. I refuse to buy anything personally on black friday. It is a disease, the disease of consumerism.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    just another way to get us to part with money for thing we dont need. I refuse to buy anything personally on black friday. It is a disease, the disease of consumerism.

Why not enjoy it ? Turnover for vanity and all that. It may yield some return custom.

Other things stink though. Zipp SL Stem £130 up to yesterday, suddenly £170. Covering the losses supermarket style. I agree that the big retailers mask the losses, but some of it is utter crap.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

With you on that - got my first cycle spend in ages done yesterday before midnight - Campag cassettes and chains for the coming year and a new cassette for the tourer. They were sufficiently discounted already for me to be happy enough.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Just had a quick look at most of the big retailers' 'sites-no great deals to be had at all. Most are just discounting unpopular lines to get rid of shyte they wouldn't otherwise shift. Very few offering blanket percentage reductions across all their stock. Huge banner headlines on their 'sites promising great deals are just a sham and some have stooped to the same low levels as Planet X in their grotty tactics. The spirit of Black Friday is dead. They're not having my money. They can all f**k off.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm just deleting black Friday offers as they come in. If I needed anything I'd have bought it.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Semantik wrote:
    The spirit of Black Friday is dead. They're not having my money. They can all f**k off.

Sorry - what spirit is that? I thought the whole point of cynical contrived marketing exercises is that they had about as much spirit as a Coca Cola Christmas advert!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Semantik wrote:
    Just had a quick look at most of the big retailers' 'sites-no great deals to be had at all. Most are just discounting unpopular lines to get rid of shyte they wouldn't otherwise shift. Very few offering blanket percentage reductions across all their stock. Huge banner headlines on their 'sites promising great deals are just a sham and some have stooped to the same low levels as Planet X in their grotty tactics. The spirit of Black Friday is dead. They're not having my money. They can all f**k off.

Kindle Fire tablet for under £30? Amazon.

Lezyne GPS, under £40 Wiggle.

I've only been looking for 5 minutes. Massive amounts of tat in addition obs.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Semantik wrote:

Kindle Fire tablet for under £30? Amazon.

Lezyne GPS, under £40 Wiggle.

I've only been looking for 5 minutes. Massive amounts of tat in addition obs.

Still not tempted. thanks anyway. If you find any DECENT discounts available off winter road frames I might have a flicker of interest. Otherwise no.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Semantik wrote:

Still not tempted. thanks anyway. If you find any DECENT discounts available off winter road frames I might have a flicker of interest. Otherwise no.

I'll be sure not to tell you.
  • iPete
    Black Friday is like shopping in TK Max, you don't really want to be there, you know most of the stuff is utter crap but if you dig around you might just find something. I've done well so far on stuff that was on my need list.

On topic..
    25% off Fabric saddles at PBK
  • iPete
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    iPete wrote:

Thanks a lot for the link iPete.
    Have been trying to ignore the deals as much as I could, but this is just too good to miss. Red one ordered!! :D
  • Just a recap - most deals are fairly poor, but there are some crackers out there. I detest black Friday but last night I decided to buy a few things on my partners Christmas list and I saved about £100, so I can't grumble in the slightest.

I'd search around for more bike stuff if I hadn't just spent a fortune on my T5!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Just got a DeLonghi Nespresso machine in John Lewis for £99.95

Was £150 a week ago.

Best bit is I had a £100 gift voucher, and I also get £75 worth of coffee capsules included
  • Just got a DeLonghi Nespresso machine in John Lewis for £99.95

Was £150 a week ago.

Best bit is I had a £100 gift voucher, and I also get £75 worth of coffee capsules included

What a waste of money.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • iPete
    Exposure Strada 800, £163 with code new5
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Exposu ... Light/EBAM