May and MOD investigations!

2»

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    The book was inevitably vetted by MoD lawyers for the purpose of secrecy and not truth. The book was written to make money. The content needs not to be the truth for either purpose. Why should the contents of a book be investigated? Even in these books there is going to be a slant on it or maybe the entire manuscript is a load of blx. Caveat emptor - but I suppose the author could recognise the risk he is taking if he is outright lying or dissing his mates.

But the truth is no-one can do anything about it - the substance of the blx seems to be him making up stuff about himself but frankly I don't believe the bit about the mercy killings. You are better off leaving injured and lying about whinging pour encourager les autres and neither the SOP or military law allows you to top them for being unwell.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Didn't realise the soldier concerned was on the telly. It now appears that he may have fabricated and embellished events.
    I'm sure any other members of his unit, who may have been tainted by the story, would welcome an investigation to restore their reputations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... roics.html

What do you think Mamba?

I think if you read the daily mail you need to appreciate the only accurate fact it prints is the date. I'd have thought the original position is being unwound at the expense of the guys credability but it will get him off the hook if he's painted as a Walt.

Who knows what's going on with the investigation and vigour that's being expended. No doubt a few ambulance chasing lawyers will be be digging up witnessses and relatives to bring a claim against HMG for human rights abuses.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Didn't realise the soldier concerned was on the telly. It now appears that he may have fabricated and embellished events.
    I'm sure any other members of his unit, who may have been tainted by the story, would welcome an investigation to restore their reputations.

What do you think Mamba?

i think that these things should be dealt with by the Army, his CO, MPs, no need to involve the MOD, whether this guy is lying or not, is irrelevant.
    shameful the Mail seeks to rubbish him, some these guys are far from normal.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

What do you think Mamba?

I think if you read the daily mail you need to appreciate the only accurate fact it prints is the date. I'd have thought the original position is being unwound at the expense of the guys credability but it will get him off the hook if he's painted as a Walt.

Who knows what's going on with the investigation and vigour that's being expended. No doubt a few ambulance chasing lawyers will be be digging up witnessses and relatives to bring a claim against HMG for human rights abuses.

Yes it was the Mail, but if you read the story, it is reporting an item that had appeared in the Times. Does that improve its credibility for you?

It may well be a way to get him and potentially his comrades off the hook if the story can be discredited. Stupid to commit such story to print.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    mamba80 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

What do you think Mamba?

i think that these things should be dealt with by the Army, his CO, MPs, no need to involve the MOD, whether this guy is lying or not, is irrelevant.
    shameful the Mail seeks to rubbish him, some these guys are far from normal.

MP, do you mean Military Police? They have a department called SIB, standing for Special Investigation Branch.
    I'm sure the men serving in his unit don't regard the truth of his claims to be irrelevant if they are to be tainted by the story.