Will Froome leave Sky

13»

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Look Froome's only problem is he has the ugliest style I've ever seen in the pro peloton, his team is strong to the point of tedium and no one can touch him at peak over 3 weeks.

It's hardly a damning list.

I'm with all this.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The thing I like about Froome's riding style is the way some people get so wound up by it (one past poster in particular) :)
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Look Froome's only problem is he has the ugliest style I've ever seen in the pro peloton, his team is strong to the point of tedium and no one can touch him at peak over 3 weeks.

I'm with all this.

I'm slightly suspicious of anyone who starts a sentence with "Look...". Matt White at Orica does it all the time. It's defensiveness, clutching at straws and an attempt at stamping authority all in one.

Tonight, Matthew, I am a Flamer Troll...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Joelsim wrote:

Worse than Aru and Zakarin? I think not.

What's wrong with Zakarin?

I don't mind Aru so much. At least he looks like he knows how his gears work.

I'm just amazed he manages to stay on the bike. He's so unbalanced, and chucks it so far from side to side. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    The thing I like about Froome's riding style is the way some people get so wound up by it (one past poster in particular) :)

The same guy that loved Aru, who's style is the epitome of hideous.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    Aru's not that offensive when he's in the saddle.
  • bobmcstuff
    Aru's not that offensive when he's in the saddle.
    Least Froome's not a gurner
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    If you're defending Froome with regard to style, I'll just lump you in with the Kirby fans as a nutter who I ought to ignore.
  • bobmcstuff
    If you're defending Froome with regard to style, I'll just lump you in with the Kirby fans as a nutter who I ought to ignore.

No, he's pretty ungainly on the bike.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Froome already is a legend, he's won 3 Tours.

I reckon he may win one more. I can't see him winning two more, too many good young riders coming through.
    He could of won the TdF in 2012 if it wasn't for team orders. I would of loved to see Froome leave Wiggins in his wake in the mountains!
    As for him leaving Team Sky, I can't see it myself.
    But 2017 could be interesting if he's already hinting at the Giro.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,155
    But 2017 could be interesting if he's already hinting at the Giro.
    He won't do the Giro - possibly never will again. His breathing issues in cold weather make it too unpredictable to target
    Twitter: @RichN95