Poll - How many miles do you ride annually

dhungerf
dhungerf Posts: 65
edited October 2016 in Road general
So, How many miles do you ride in a year? I ride about 4000 miles, I think its a good blend of mental & physical escape

Comments

• dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Work can't be getting too much in the way if you can do 4-5k.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I put 6000-7500. The lion's share of that is commuting though.
  • 2456 in 2015.

2200 so far this year which comes a shock really as I didn't think I'd done that much.

I'll be getting into winter mode in abit though, a few turbo sessions (do they count...) and some regular base mile rides.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Those subtitles are pretty insulting and judgemental suggest you get rid of them if you want people to answer.
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    did 6500 in 2014 and 15. already on 6000 for this year so likely to end up on 8k+ i think. not that it means a lot.
  • Those subtitles are pretty insulting and judgemental suggest you get rid of them if you want people to answer.

No really, it's only the internet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Those subtitles are pretty insulting and judgemental suggest you get rid of them if you want people to answer.

I suspect that most people would be able to take them in the light-hearted way they were intended.

I am in the "I have a serious problem" category and really don't get the insult, sorry... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Those subtitles are pretty insulting and judgemental suggest you get rid of them if you want people to answer.

Wow, sense of humour bypass right there. I bet you're fun to ride with.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I think this forum should be deemed a "safe space" in case anyone gets slightly insulted or offended.

Over 4,000 miles for me last year and the 2 years before that, this year it will be less due to other priorities.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Garry H wrote:

I suspect that most people would be able to take them in the light-hearted way they were intended.

have they been changed, because I have read them several times now and don't understand where any offence could come from ?????
  • fat daddy
    for me its - 2000 & 3000, It's not about the bike, I have a life

although if you add my 5am zwift sessions its working out to be 6000miles ..... which should be, its all about the bike and computer, I DONT have a life :D
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    edited September 2016
  • I tend to fall into one of the huge gaps between categories.

Also whilst I don't think the tag lines are insulting they don't really add anything and if you aren't working it's a bit odd to tick a box saying work gets in the way. Maybe I'm taking the design too seriously...
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I aim to do around 1-1.5/2k a year.
    Only done 800 so far this year due to a knee injury earlier in the year.

Plan is to do over 2k next year.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    i'm comfortably over the the top group! having a girlfriend who lives 40 miles from my work sees to that!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Awkward.
    Between 5 & 6 thousand miles.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Should clock 4000 this year which aint bad for my first ever year cycling.
    I dont commute either
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I've put >10k - not because I do, or ever have - because the number of miles I ride annually changes significantly depending on other priorities - just had a look at my Strava records (doesn't count unless its on strava ok?)

Between 2 and 5k - my lowest will be this year at probably around 2k - other priorities at the weekends now...
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Chris Bass wrote:
    i'm comfortably over the the top group! having a girlfriend who lives 40 miles from my work sees to that!

Sounds like a good ride...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Dinyull wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Must be tiring.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Looking at current run-rate it will be about 6,000miles. And that is a lot more than the last two years. But I did 5,000 in 2013.....

So no real pattern for me. I have been really enjoying cycling again this year though which probably accounts for the record distance.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Must be tiring.

Bet he gets saddle sore.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Dinyull wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

have you met her?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • This year so far 2500 due to work, injury and depression. Last year I done around 8000 and 6000 the year before.
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Around 5 thousand with another 600/700 miles running. No, I'm not a triathlete. Haha. I just like looking after my body and overall fitness.
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Varies year to year 6-7.5 this year 4-5 last year, depends how much time I spend on the boat fishing (Yes I'm retired).
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )

When did you have your mirth gland removed?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Should hit 10,000 in next week or so, mostly just riding with minimal commuting, put in about 11,000 last year. Next year, probably less than this year but similar to last year so 11,000ish I'd hope.
  • fat daddy
    When did you have your mirth gland removed?

perhaps it is insulting and we just dont see it ? .. I think we need another poll

How many things can you take offence at during a day

0 - 1 - I realise that nothing happens when you find something offensive, no one dies, but some jokes push even my boundary
    2-10 - I am a little sensitive, and dont quite understand other people have a different perspective to me
    10-20 - wall flower here - I dont even switch channel from BBC 2 just in case
    20-50 - I actively look for things to be offended by
    50-100 - I read the daily mail