Eneco 16 *Spoilers*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,603
    I'm just pondering how certain individuals can (rightly) rave about Sagan, but then moan about the perceived dominance of Sky, as "being boring".

Sagan doesn't turn multiple stages into processions with asphyxiating pace.

Au contraire, Sagan is livening up those stages just for sh!ts & giggles.

If I was a bookies I'd stop taking Sagan bets for the worlds. Oof.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    I'm just pondering how certain individuals can (rightly) rave about Sagan, but then moan about the perceived dominance of Sky, as "being boring".

I agree... I call them both boring :wink:

People complaining about Quintana having no personality, did you see Sagan's basically monosyllabic interview at the end of yesterday's stage...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    dish_dash wrote:

People complaining about Quintana having no personality, did you see Sagan's basically monosyllabic interview at the end of yesterday's stage...

I missed the interview but English is his third language. He's better in slovak or Italian
  • rick_chasey
    dish_dash wrote:

Do you seriously want to argue Quintana is as exciting as Sagan?

Because I'm up for that fight.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    dish_dash wrote:

Haha, I'm looking forward to this :lol::lol::lol:

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Quintana comes across as more articulate... albeit in Spanish.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Sagan has been quite funny in interviews at times. Quintana is articulate but I wouldn't describe him as an entertainer...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Quintana has never, to my knowledge, called for World Peace and the end to the Refugee Crisis in any of his post race interviews...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Quintana has never, to my knowledge, called for World Peace and the end to the Refugee Crisis in any of his post race interviews...

Perhaps not, but amongst the things he has done back in Colombia is to speak out from a very high profile position for gender equality in a country whose culture leaves a lot to be desired in this respect
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:

Perhaps not, but amongst the things he has done back in Colombia is to speak out from a very high profile position for gender equality in a country whose culture leaves a lot to be desired in this respect

Could have ridden a bit faster uphill at the Tour this year though.
  • dish_dash
    BMC, Etixx, LottoNL-Jumbo...

Dennis back in the leader's jersey, Phinney in second position.
  • rick_chasey
    Booooo!
  • dish_dash
    We can all probably agree that Phinney has personality if nothing else ;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    dish_dash wrote:
    Can we agree that ostentatious facial hair is a substitute for personality not a product of it
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver wrote:

This is undeniable
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ddraver wrote:

Hmmm, well ok, was it as cute as when Sagan did it though?
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Can we agree that ostentatious facial hair is a substitute for personality not a product of it

Do hipsters have personality is the sort of philosophical question we should "debate" in Cake Stop no? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,481
    ddraver wrote:

This is undeniable

How can it be? I thought we were all in denial :?
  • ^well personally I'm nowhere near de Nile, and am in fact off to Spain
  • rick_chasey
    Heard the trip can be a Spain in the neck.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    Pibernic (?) for Lampre ahead of McNally.

Breakaway Group of 5 held off peleton.
  • McNally's having an excellent race

It's just that the race isn't having an excellent race.

I mean, what was that stage compared to the Ardennes stage of last year?
    Flipping World championship camel race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

It's just that the race isn't having an excellent race.

I mean, what was that stage compared to the Ardennes stage of last year?
    Flipping World championship camel race.

It's a good point well made
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    There's 56 riders within 2 minutes of the lead going into the final stage. The last few years the organisers have put on a cracking race, but this one is shockingly poor.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    McNally's having an excellent race

Looking for a contract renewal does that to you.
  • rick_chasey
    We're all doing the wind dance for the worlds right?
  • We're all doing the wind dance for the worlds right?

If not, I despair
  • andyp
    Can't be any more of a turd of a race than Copenhagen in 2011 can it?
  • andyp wrote:
    Can't be any more of a turd of a race than Copenhagen in 2011 can it?

And 2011 stops us from wanting this to be livened up with crosswinds, how?
  • andyp
    It doesn't. I was agreeing with you. I want crosswinds.

But people remember results more than races, so a lot of folk get excited about Copenhagen because Cavendish won.