Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

wednesday, the bats have left the bell tower, the victims have been bled, red velvet lines the black

sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

plan: cafe stop, office, shower, do some stuff, head off early

management meeting first thing, perfect opportunity to pour oil on troubled waters, then toss a match in, or maybe a fragmentation grenade

the week is dragging, with the good weather forecast to vanish for the weekend, it's a topsy-turvy world
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Working from home as there are yet more builders to let in

    Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,769 Lives Here
    Morning all,
    Best laid plans and all that. Had planned to have a late start and take the girl in to school for 9am but she had a major wobbly last night as she was feeling really bad, probably from doing too much at school as she's been doing 4 hours every day. By the end of last term we'd got her up to 2 hours so it's been quite a step up. So I was at work for 7:30 so I can go home during the day if needed or leave early. At least my folks are back so they are taking her in for 10am today. We were really pleased by how well she was doing so not all that surprised she had a bit of a melt down. Pesky kids.
    Going to ride over to Wombledon for our Wednesday drink tonight.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Best laid plans and all that. Had planned to have a late start and take the girl in to school for 9am but she had a major wobbly last night as she was feeling really bad, probably from doing too much at school as she's been doing 4 hours every day. By the end of last term we'd got her up to 2 hours so it's been quite a step up. So I was at work for 7:30 so I can go home during the day if needed or leave early. At least my folks are back so they are taking her in for 10am today. We were really pleased by how well she was doing so not all that surprised she had a bit of a melt down. Pesky kids.
    Going to ride over to Wombledon for our Wednesday drink tonight.
    'Ears censored up' Wombledon? Whetherspoons?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,769 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    'Ears censored up' Wombledon? Whetherspoons?
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground. Only cost 82p for a pint of bitter when I were a lad...
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    'Ears censored up' Wombledon? Whetherspoons?
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground. Only cost 82p for a pint of bitter when I were a lad...
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. They used to do a beautifully smooth, strong, still cider, that went down far too easily and unlike most still ciders, didn't taste like p!ss.

    The landlords missus is Polish.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

    Road bike was at home where the sun was shining rather hard so with hindsight...

    Todays building traumas include working out the roof slope and arranging some materials, chasing down the builders and painting the woodburner.

    Oh and Mrs HD now doesn't like the colour of the two tins of paint we had mixed costing £40 each...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,866
    Morning, very little sleep last night owning to some arguments a few doors up going on most of the night.
    Today will be spend not too subtly between sleeping at my desk and job hunting.

    In other news our monthly "employee of the month" has come up which is pretty much a popularity contest so I started a little rebellion an put the blind guys guide dog in, asked a couple of others an its snowballing. Suppose that's one way to mess up the system.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,769 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground.
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. The landlords missus is Polish.
    I used to work in there from when I was 18 on and off for a while. Only been in there once recently and that was a couple of weeks ago. Boy has it changed, some pretty barmaids though. But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress. The landlord asked her to go and change because the customers were so busy drooling they weren't drinking.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground.
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. The landlords missus is Polish.
    I used to work in there from when I was 18 on and off for a while. Only been in there once recently and that was a couple of weeks ago. Boy has it changed, some pretty barmaids though. But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress. The landlord asked her to go and change because the customers were so busy drooling they weren't drinking.
    Shelagh, 3 years younger than you, 5 feet 5, pretty brunette?
    veronese68 wrote:
    But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress.
    You know the rules...
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,769 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shelagh, 3 years younger than you, 5 feet 5, pretty brunette?
    I probably have seen her, can't say I remember though. It was a very busy pub back then. Unfortunately the rich neighbours have done a good job of killing it off.
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress.
    You know the rules...
    Unfortunately this predated camera's in phones, mobile phones were like this:
    1990-mobile-phone-user-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e50d818c32a532e4920ebd711357a290
    Just picture a very pretty, trim girl with dark hair and a good tan in an impossibly tight and very short yellow dress. The fact that me and my mate both mentioned it 30 years later shows how memorable it was.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shelagh, 3 years younger than you, 5 feet 5, pretty brunette?
    I probably have seen her, can't say I remember though. It was a very busy pub back then. Unfortunately the rich neighbours have done a good job of killing it off.
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress.
    You know the rules...
    Unfortunately this predated camera's in phones, mobile phones were like this:
    1990-mobile-phone-user-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e50d818c32a532e4920ebd711357a290
    Just picture a very pretty, trim girl with dark hair and a good tan in an impossibly tight and very short yellow dress. The fact that me and my mate both mentioned it 30 years later shows how memorable it was.

    Is that a pic of Stevo, who's too tight to buy a new phone?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,184
    Chilling out after dragging my little Bro and his mate on a 58 mile slog on bikes, they're both walking like John Wayne. LOL. A bit of DIY whilst kids at school and college then jump on bike for a quick ride for a few strange brown coloured drinks and a wobble back. Sadly back to work tomorrow.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • gethincerigethinceri Posts: 1,072
    Had a visit from the rat catcher.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,687
    tlw1 wrote:
    Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
    That implies that the road bike may not be :)

    Currently feeding my face before going into a board meeting to explain something to the powers that be. Still deciding whether to over simply or bore them to death. At least the riding today is nice and warm, was not expecting to be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops for the bike by mid September,
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shelagh, 3 years younger than you, 5 feet 5, pretty brunette?
    I probably have seen her, can't say I remember though. It was a very busy pub back then. Unfortunately the rich neighbours have done a good job of killing it off.
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress.
    You know the rules...
    Unfortunately this predated camera's in phones, mobile phones were like this:
    1990-mobile-phone-user-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e50d818c32a532e4920ebd711357a290
    Just picture a very pretty, trim girl with dark hair and a good tan in an impossibly tight and very short yellow dress. The fact that me and my mate both mentioned it 30 years later shows how memorable it was.
    Well I hope you or your mate told her how good she looked.
    I can't afford to get drunk in the village :( although I am barred from The Rose and Crown with limits my chances.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
    That implies that the road bike may not be :)

    Currently feeding my face before going into a board meeting to explain something to the powers that be. Still deciding whether to over simply or bore them to death. At least the riding today is nice and warm, was not expecting to be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops for the bike by mid September,
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Busy in here today.

    Squeezed a bike ride in after dropping toots off to nursery and before picking her up. Gorgeous day, gorgeous cycle ride. Perfect.

    Lunch will be courtsey of the cafe.

    Laters.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,769 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    He may be northern, but he's not a Geordie.
    What did you do to get barred from the Rose?
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    He may be northern, but he's not a Geordie.
    What did you do to get barred from the Rose?
    A Christmas party got messy. One of our party (Chelsea fan, you know the type) had a drink related meltdown and smashed up the toilets. We were asked to stop buying him drinks but we wanted to see how the meltdown would pan out.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    seanoconn wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    He may be northern, but he's not a Geordie.
    What did you do to get barred from the Rose?
    A Christmas party got messy. One of our party (Chelsea fan, you know the type) had a drink related meltdown and smashed up the toilets. We were asked to stop buying him drinks but we wanted to see how the meltdown would pan out.

    ...are you going to try a different venue this year? :D
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

    What were you doing with a 'client' in Llandegla in a car park?
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    pinno wrote:
    Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

    What were you doing with a 'client' in Llandegla in a car park?

    Riding?
  • Ooooo, word twisting..,

    Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.

    That's the best metaphor anyone has come up with in BB, bravo.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Ooooo, word twisting..,

    Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.

    To be fair even when it's sunny degla is muddy
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    edited September 2016
    tlw1 wrote:
    Ooooo, word twisting..,

    Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.

    To be fair even when it's sunny degla is muddy

    ..and the metaphors keep rolling in.

    The only thing I can't quite work out is why the thunder and lightening before the 'horseback' bit.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,687
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
    That implies that the road bike may not be :)

    Currently feeding my face before going into a board meeting to explain something to the powers that be. Still deciding whether to over simply or bore them to death. At least the riding today is nice and warm, was not expecting to be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops for the bike by mid September,
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    Christmas is when we light up the barbie.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xuPbZ4Ic
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.