wednesday, the bats have left the bell tower, the victims have been bled, red velvet lines the black

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

plan: cafe stop, office, shower, do some stuff, head off early

management meeting first thing, perfect opportunity to pour oil on troubled waters, then toss a match in, or maybe a fragmentation grenade

the week is dragging, with the good weather forecast to vanish for the weekend, it's a topsy-turvy world
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working from home as there are yet more builders to let in

Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Best laid plans and all that. Had planned to have a late start and take the girl in to school for 9am but she had a major wobbly last night as she was feeling really bad, probably from doing too much at school as she's been doing 4 hours every day. By the end of last term we'd got her up to 2 hours so it's been quite a step up. So I was at work for 7:30 so I can go home during the day if needed or leave early. At least my folks are back so they are taking her in for 10am today. We were really pleased by how well she was doing so not all that surprised she had a bit of a melt down. Pesky kids.
    Going to ride over to Wombledon for our Wednesday drink tonight.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Best laid plans and all that. Had planned to have a late start and take the girl in to school for 9am but she had a major wobbly last night as she was feeling really bad, probably from doing too much at school as she's been doing 4 hours every day. By the end of last term we'd got her up to 2 hours so it's been quite a step up. So I was at work for 7:30 so I can go home during the day if needed or leave early. At least my folks are back so they are taking her in for 10am today. We were really pleased by how well she was doing so not all that surprised she had a bit of a melt down. Pesky kids.
    Going to ride over to Wombledon for our Wednesday drink tonight.
    'Ears prick up' Wombledon? Whetherspoons?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground. Only cost 82p for a pint of bitter when I were a lad...
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground. Only cost 82p for a pint of bitter when I were a lad...
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. They used to do a beautifully smooth, strong, still cider, that went down far too easily and unlike most still ciders, didn't taste like p!ss.

The landlords missus is Polish.
  • Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

Road bike was at home where the sun was shining rather hard so with hindsight...

Todays building traumas include working out the roof slope and arranging some materials, chasing down the builders and painting the woodburner.

Oh and Mrs HD now doesn't like the colour of the two tins of paint we had mixed costing £40 each...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very little sleep last night owning to some arguments a few doors up going on most of the night.
    Today will be spend not too subtly between sleeping at my desk and job hunting.

In other news our monthly "employee of the month" has come up which is pretty much a popularity contest so I started a little rebellion an put the blind guys guide dog in, asked a couple of others an its snowballing. Suppose that's one way to mess up the system.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground.
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. The landlords missus is Polish.
    I used to work in there from when I was 18 on and off for a while. Only been in there once recently and that was a couple of weeks ago. Boy has it changed, some pretty barmaids though. But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress. The landlord asked her to go and change because the customers were so busy drooling they weren't drinking.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Probably start at the Gland in Hand as it's my old stamping ground.
    My Sister practically lived in there before Uni. The landlords missus is Polish.
    I used to work in there from when I was 18 on and off for a while. Only been in there once recently and that was a couple of weeks ago. Boy has it changed, some pretty barmaids though. But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress. The landlord asked her to go and change because the customers were so busy drooling they weren't drinking.
    Shelagh, 3 years younger than you, 5 feet 5, pretty brunette?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    But nothing compared to the lovely Janine and her yellow dress.
    You know the rules...
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    I probably have seen her, can't say I remember though. It was a very busy pub back then. Unfortunately the rich neighbours have done a good job of killing it off.
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You know the rules...
    Unfortunately this predated camera's in phones, mobile phones were like this:
    1990-mobile-phone-user-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e50d818c32a532e4920ebd711357a290
    Just picture a very pretty, trim girl with dark hair and a good tan in an impossibly tight and very short yellow dress. The fact that me and my mate both mentioned it 30 years later shows how memorable it was.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I probably have seen her, can't say I remember though. It was a very busy pub back then. Unfortunately the rich neighbours have done a good job of killing it off.
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You know the rules...
    1990-mobile-phone-user-010.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e50d818c32a532e4920ebd711357a290
    Just picture a very pretty, trim girl with dark hair and a good tan in an impossibly tight and very short yellow dress. The fact that me and my mate both mentioned it 30 years later shows how memorable it was.

Is that a pic of Stevo, who's too tight to buy a new phone?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Had a visit from the rat catcher.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is cycling for the first time in ages & it's on the dirt bike - so should be fun
    That implies that the road bike may not be :)

Currently feeding my face before going into a board meeting to explain something to the powers that be. Still deciding whether to over simply or bore them to death. At least the riding today is nice and warm, was not expecting to be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops for the bike by mid September,
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You know the rules...
    Well I hope you or your mate told her how good she looked.
    I can't afford to get drunk in the village :( although I am barred from The Rose and Crown with limits my chances.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Currently feeding my face before going into a board meeting to explain something to the powers that be. Still deciding whether to over simply or bore them to death. At least the riding today is nice and warm, was not expecting to be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops for the bike by mid September,
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Busy in here today.

Squeezed a bike ride in after dropping toots off to nursery and before picking her up. Gorgeous day, gorgeous cycle ride. Perfect.

Lunch will be courtsey of the cafe.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    You should be wearing shorts and short sleeved tops until at least Christmas. Call yourself Northern!? Big Jessie.
    He may be northern, but he's not a Geordie.
    What did you do to get barred from the Rose?
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    A Christmas party got messy. One of our party (Chelsea fan, you know the type) had a drink related meltdown and smashed up the toilets. We were asked to stop buying him drinks but we wanted to see how the meltdown would pan out.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    A Christmas party got messy. One of our party (Chelsea fan, you know the type) had a drink related meltdown and smashed up the toilets. We were asked to stop buying him drinks but we wanted to see how the meltdown would pan out.

...are you going to try a different venue this year? :D
  • pinno
    Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

What were you doing with a 'client' in Llandegla in a car park?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Humpday blues, still drying out from yesterdays soaking at Llandegla. The rather annoying thing is that I'd arranged a client meeting around the supposed fabulous weather only for the heavens to open once I'd paid my £4.50 to park the car.

What were you doing with a 'client' in Llandegla in a car park?

Riding?
  • Ooooo, word twisting..,

Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Meeting at 11, finished at 12, Llandegla by 1.30. Thunder, lightning and some guys on horseback about 1.35.

That's the best metaphor anyone has come up with in BB, bravo.
  • tlw1
    Ooooo, word twisting..,

To be fair even when it's sunny degla is muddy
  • pinno
    edited September 2016
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ooooo, word twisting..,

To be fair even when it's sunny degla is muddy

..and the metaphors keep rolling in.

The only thing I can't quite work out is why the thunder and lightening before the 'horseback' bit.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Christmas is when we light up the barbie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xuPbZ4Ic
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]