Cyclocross 2016/17

13»

Comments

• LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Tis true but she's mastered* beating the roadies it seems. And it should be a proper modder cross day in Luxe? unless i'm misunderstood which plays into her hands. Pretty pan flat as well.

Here's hoping anyway huge fan of hers.

*now jinxed it I'm aware.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    That looks awful...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    LeePaton wrote:
    Tis true but she's mastered* beating the roadies it seems. And it should be a proper modder cross day in Luxe? unless i'm misunderstood which plays into her hands. Pretty pan flat as well.

Here's hoping anyway huge fan of hers.

*now jinxed it I'm aware.

hmm, trouble is this is what happens every year...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • It's got to be from Vos/de Jong/Cant. Though I'm no longer such a fan of Vos after her team appointed a DS known to be a doper. Cant has suffered in the past because she's gone all out to win from September and has ended up injured/fatigued by the time of the worlds, then up pops a fully rested de Jong or Ferrand-Prevot. She seems to have taken a more measured approach this year so I'm hoping that will result in the win she deserves. Neff is different - she appears to bottle it on the big occasion, which is really a shame as for most of the season is a class apart.

Women's cyclocross racing is really the business at the moment. Every race has 4 or 5 top class riders racing at the front, which is considerably different from previous years. I really hope that it continues to grow so that we can see a u23W category. At the moment there really isn't the space for young female racers to learn how to race - it goes from nieuwelingen to elite although course some riders do ok, it is not the best system for developing racers.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    CX Nationals this weekend. Seem to be streams of most of them..... Watching the US champs now on YouTube.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."