Crud Roadracer Mk3

2»

Comments

• I've fitted them to a Canyon Ultimate CF SL without any real problems. Didn't need to cut them about for the rear. Did add a spacer foam behind the rear lower section where the frame has a cutaway clearance. The front was rubbing on the tyre slightly forward of the brake so I drilled a couple of small holes in the guard and put a small cable tyre through it and around the front brake spacer thats between the brake and the frame (campag chorus) which pulls it up. Wheels are older zondas so not the latest wider rim versions so the tyre profile is higher and they are gp4000s' 25mm. No rattles over bumps only rubbing is from the brushes added to the inside of the guards but this is barely noticeable. Duotec is a bit too wide and doesn't mould to the shape of the fork or stays if they are too curved. I would probably score or cut them in half to match the profile better next time.
  • PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    Spoke too soon, removed my front guard today to clean my filthy bike and the duotec came off my forks :-(
  • Bit of a thread resurrection but does anyone have any more thoughts/experiences with these guards. I'm prepping my Scott Solace for winter duty and need guards which will fit a frame with no rear brake bridge. Anyone have these fitted to a Solace?
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda