Tour of Britain 2016 Stage 2 *Spoilers"

Comments

• I'm not surprised if Cav got a touch shirty today, some of the road painting I saw on Twitter was well out of order. I'm normally all in favour of paining giant male members on the road, but adding "Cav you ****" to it isn't OK, and a huge pair of breasts with "Peta's saggy tits" is the sort of thing someone that deserves a good kicking might paint.

The little shiite who was getting a mouthful looked the type. I wanted to hit him as soon as I saw him.
    Twat.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Wondered where mfin has been, obviously no internet signal in the Lakes ;)
  • We need to put out a MMA - Missing Mfin Alert

I reeeely enjoyed today's stage, proper alright it was

Lol at Saddles' Tale of the Etape :D
  • I'm not surprised if Cav got a touch shirty today, some of the road painting I saw on Twitter was well out of order. I'm normally all in favour of paining giant male members on the road, but adding "Cav you ****" to it isn't OK, and a huge pair of breasts with "Peta's saggy tits" is the sort of thing someone that deserves a good kicking might paint.

The little shiite who was getting a mouthful looked the type. I wanted to hit him as soon as I saw him.
    Twat.

Agreed. Weasel.

How classy. Not. Apart from being beyond rude it also annoys me because it is inaccurate. Peta does not have saggy anything.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    I imagine her tolerance and patience sags from time to time... I bet he's a tricky bugger to live with.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    I imagine her tolerance and patience sags from time to time... I bet he's a tricky bugger to live with.

Fair dos.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Crm_wMRWEAAe6Gf.jpg:large

Other angle on it

Great that, look at smiles on the people who made the effort.
  • FocusZing
    edited September 2016
    CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jpg
    CrmdTwMXEAA6rjz.jpg
    proxy.jpg?t=HBg-aHR0cDovL21lZGlhcy5sZXF1aXBlLmZyL2ltZy12aWRlby1jb3Zlci8xNTAwMDAwMDAwNzM5OTgwLzEyMDAU8BAU6ggcFIQGFJQDAAAWABIA&s=dzf6DfviBHmnuCQs_EXY-xx1YIB2QnrkwwwMTiTXZXI

Are you Mfin?
  • I won't embed the images, but here are links to the not funny and quite offensive road paintings that *may* have pissed Cav off.

Not painted by the tweeter.

https://twitter.com/MarkBarrett_1/statu ... 4524182532

https://twitter.com/MarkBarrett_1/statu ... 9342179328
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Just watching the highlights - any word on what Cav was saying to that guy yet? I agree he did look a teat.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    Cav may well have been chatting amicably with that guy about the weather but let's be honest, he definitely looked like the kind of person you'd not tire of punching.
  • FocusZing
    CrnI6JIWYAAjmpH.jpg
    CrnS_lHWYAAqyhK.jpg

Cav spending time with fans too.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Much better today, enjoyed that.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    jam1e wrote:
    Cav may well have been chatting amicably with that guy about the weather but let's be honest, he definitely looked like the kind of person you'd not tire of punching.

Maybe it was an excuse to get off his bike on the climb. We've all done the checking an imagined flat tyre or rubbing brake, maybe when you have a mechanic following you need a different excuse!
  • Short vid of Cav getting talkative

https://vine.co/v/55e2WTAgdzF
  • No place for that in sport or life. Hope the wee twat learnt a lesson.
  • That Peta road painting is even more annoying as it's missing an apostrophe!
  • That Peta road painting is even more annoying as it's missing an apostrophe!

I think they added some to the willy pic.
  • To me it looks like he's said somat and cav has gone back to give him a mouthful. Why would the bike be pointing downhill.

I don't understand why people go spectate at bike races to throw abuse, push people off, throw tacks. But then again im coming to the realisation that Human Beings are the dumbest animal on the planet not sheep.

It's that supercilious look away.
    You just want to smack him so hard that his smarmy little bulb rolls around like a top.
    He really didn't need to paint a penis on the road, just wear a sign.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

You just want to smack him so hard that his smarmy little bulb rolls around like a top.

Apparently Cumbria Council got rid of the graffiti earlier anyway.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    It's amusing how we've all condemned this kid on the basis of him having potentially had some minor undisclosed or maybe nonexistent disagreement with Cav (that and looking a bit gimpy).
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    It's amusing how we've all condemned this kid on the basis of him looking a bit gimpy.

Sometimes, you just know.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Wout's out then. Over 11 mins down.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Short vid of Cav getting talkative

Apparently Cumbria Council got rid of the graffiti earlier anyway.

Yep they did - the police told them too - I was chatting to the guys spraying over it. They were using an oil based paint though which i sure the riders enjoyed riding through on a 20% gradient.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    dish_dash wrote:
    Brakeless wrote:
    So Cav turned round on the Struggle to 'have words' with a spectator. Spectator looked seriously sheepish!

Yeah, I've had to have words with sheep when going up there also... they just don't get off the road.

Herdwick-lamb-in-rain.jpg

That is a beautiful sheep![/quote

HErdwicks are the best sheep in the world. And that is a great picture of an adult one. Pity none featured on the coverage today.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Pah! The Welsh Mountain is a far superior beast!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Welsh mountain sheep or pony?

I feel this conversation is becoming circular.

1313692657_05b4e0a5e5_z.jpg?zz=1
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    It's amusing how we've all condemned this kid on the basis of him having potentially had some minor undisclosed or maybe nonexistent disagreement with Cav (that and looking a bit gimpy).

Hey I condemned whoever it was for their lack of an apostrophe. I don't care what they look like.
    BM5 wrote:
    HErdwicks are the best sheep in the world. And that is a great picture of an adult one. Pity none featured on the coverage today.

I have learned a new type of sheep today. I thank you. They do indeed look particularly awesome.
    That Peta road painting is even more annoying as it's missing an apostrophe!

I think they added some to the willy pic.

If you weren't in Denmark I'd be calling Cumbria's answer to Sarah Lund to see if there's anything you want to disclose.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Herdwick-lamb-in-rain.jpg

Any animal that presents itself in the colours of Wet Grey Tarmacadam and White Line White in Wales - or Cumbria- and then stands in the road... What's the animal version of the Darwin Award - The Dodo's?