Tour of Britain 2016 Stage 2 *Spoilers"

124»

Comments

• Short vid of Cav getting talkative

https://vine.co/v/55e2WTAgdzF

Is that a selfie stick in his hand?
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    My first thought when they started coming down Kirkstone was " I hope they have moved the herdies off the road..."
  • Crm_wMRWEAAe6Gf.jpg:large

Other angle on it

So was this just a p!ss-take of Froome on Ventoux?
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Definitely looks like he was playing to the crowds. Fair play, think he's earned that right.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Herdwick's are the best! AtC - if you want something different on your twitter feed follow @herdyshepherd1 Lots of sheep pics!

Cav being Cav... is he finished?

Seeing Wiggo taking the piss like that is why I have a soft spot for him...
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited September 2016
    dish_dash wrote:
    Herdwick's are the best! AtC - if you want something different on your twitter feed follow @herdyshepherd1 Lots of sheep pics!

Seeing Wiggo taking the wee-wee like that is why I have a soft spot for him...

I heart those Herwick sheep pics!

BW was just having a larf. Anyone who wants to choose to take umbrage on Froome's behalf is just looking for a reason to be offended (not yous, Dishy Dash)
  • I guess it was piss taking, he's clearly obese, as pro cyclists go, but with 450 Watt ready in the pocket, going up The Struggle shouldn't be a problem
    left the forum March 2023
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    dish_dash wrote:

I heart those Herwick sheep pics!

BW was just having a larf. Anyone who wants to choose to take umbrage on Froome's behalf is just looking for a reason to be offended (not yous, Dishy Dash)

I suspect Froome would have had a little chuckle.
  • I found Cummings' tactics confusing - you'd think that he'd done a deal with Vermote, giving him the stage to help him sustain the break and ride for GC. He dragged the Belgian along for 10km, knackered himself out and effectively handed him the sprint.
    But then he also seemed to spend a bit of effort trying to get rid of Vermote. Plus he is usually a loner when it comes to breaks.
    So if he's trying to win it, why not slow up, force Vermote to share and try a diesel-attack from 2k out?
    They would have been caught if they'd faffed around too much of course.
    Hard one to figure.
  • dish_dash wrote:

DONE! Sheep galore.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I found Cummings' tactics confusing - you'd think that he'd done a deal with Vermote, giving him the stage to help him sustain the break and ride for GC. He dragged the Belgian along for 10km, knackered himself out and effectively handed him the sprint.
    But then he also seemed to spend a bit of effort trying to get rid of Vermote. Plus he is usually a loner when it comes to breaks.
    So if he's trying to win it, why not slow up, force Vermote to share and try a diesel-attack from 2k out?
    Hard one to figure.

Presumably he didn't want to ease up and make Vermote work because he wanted to get as much time on GC as possible, and easing up would have let the chasers close the gap.
  • Whoever made the race website has never seen a bicycle race in his life... utterly pointless and confusing
    left the forum March 2023
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I found Cummings' tactics confusing - you'd think that he'd done a deal with Vermote, giving him the stage to help him sustain the break and ride for GC. He dragged the Belgian along for 10km, knackered himself out and effectively handed him the sprint.
    Hard one to figure.

Presumably he didn't want to ease up and make Vermote work because he wanted to get as much time on GC as possible, and easing up would have let the chasers close the gap.

^This. He needed as much time on Dennis & Dumo as possible.
  • Joelsim wrote:

^This. He needed as much time on Dennis & Dumo as possible.

Yes OK. Could he / should he then have said to Vermote, Take your turns, we'll do a two-up TT and you can have the stage. Rather than just burying himself?
    Anyway, minutiae and waffle.
  • I think he did the right thing, Vermote was doing a bit and having been in the break there was no need to gift him the win when there was a chance he was as tired as Cummings.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jpg

This misguided individual shouted abuse at Cav, so he stopped to ask if he wanted a go, to see how he would fair.

Direct from Cav on ITV4.
  • ^seriously, that's a face the midwife would slap
  • FocusZing wrote:
    CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jpg

This misguided individual shouted abuse at Cav, so he stopped to ask if he wanted a go, to see how he would fair.

Direct from Cav on ITV4.

He should've said "Aye, OK." and, ridden off on Cav's bike.

If I stopped every time someone shouted abuse at me I'd never get back home. :)
    - Slave to the cadence -

Isn't it just! :shock:
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Blancmange wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jp

Direct from Cav on ITV4.

He should've said "Aye, OK." and, ridden off on Cav's bike.

If I stopped every time someone shouted abuse at me I'd never get back home. :)

Ha!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,484
    ^seriously, that's a face the midwife would slap

I think it's the face of someone who wasn't expecting to get pulled up trying to hide their embarrassment.

It should be made compulsory for anybody unfortunate enough to find themselves within slapping range.
    ( and perhaps his mother should have targeted the other end of his anatomy a bit more often)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    His pal looks like a tw@t as well.
  • professeur wrote:
    Crm_wMRWEAAe6Gf.jpg:large

Other angle on it

So was this just a p!ss-take of Froome on Ventoux?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54UJrlbPmDA
  • FocusZing wrote:
    CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jpg

You may now have your Weak Lemon Drink.