13»

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Jigsaws.

The electric saw variety not the puzzles :D

Yep, can vouch for that. You have to go really slowly when the initial impression/marketing is that it will make life easier and speed things up. Then you're left with a rough edge that's nigh on impossible to sand without tears.

It's very good on MDF - but who the farq uses MDF?

Oak Furniture Land?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Drum solos. Nope, not big and not clever.

Prompted by watching some 'guitar heroes' (sic) on t'iPlayer and having bl00dy drummers giving it large. Get tae.
  • orraloon wrote:

Prompted by watching some 'guitar heroes' (sic) on t'iPlayer and having bl00dy drummers giving it large. Get tae.
    Go away. Go away right now and listen to "Moby Dick" on "The Song Remains The Same" and "Space Trucking" on "Made in Japan". Call it an education. You'll soon change your mind.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    orraloon wrote:

Go away. Go away right now and listen to "Moby Dick" on "The Song Remains The Same" and "Space Trucking" on "Made in Japan". Call it an education. You'll soon change your mind.

Back soon...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    orraloon wrote:

Think you'll find Ian Paice giving it the beans during The Mule on Made in Japan.
    My first album purchase btw,
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Even the montage at the end of Whiplash had the hairs on the back of my neck come up
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stonehenge was an expensive waste of time. We queued up for over half an hour then IIRC under.the road to a path around the edge of the henge in a loop and back to the gift shop. We were longer in the queue to get in! Can't touch the stones or walk among them when I went.

I went with two overseas students and compared to the delights of Thailand and Malaysia Stonehenge must have been a complete nonentity.

Anyone seen the small Castlerigg stone circle in Cumbria? Whilst not a big, celebrated part of our nation's pre-history as Stonehenge it has something if you're there at a good time of day (early or late without a crowd). I've been there in the mists and dewy grass of.early morning. Setting is pretty good.

BTW my family lived over.the hill.from Stonehenge, IMHO The best view was.from that ridge looking down on the setting of Stonehenge and surrounding terrain. Better then visiting it up close.

Yes, I'd forgotten about the eye watering cost of admission. :shock:

I'm fairly nearby and always tell visitors that they get Just as good views from the roadside and footpath. Really no point paying. I've not been since they changed the road layout though, but current visitors were happy with using the public right of way.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Think you'll find Ian Paice giving it the beans during The Mule on Made in Japan.
    My first album purchase btw,
    Indebted to you, sir. Well pointed out.
    Instead of lines, I will listen to "Space Trucking" 100 times. That'll learn me...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I went to Silverstone racetrack over the weekend. That wasn't what I expected.
    I thought it would be like a football or rugby stadium, but instead picture.... Lots of gravel in a big field and scaffolding.
    I'm amazed that a prestigious track like Silverstone, that has been holding the top motorsports events for years doesn't actually have buildings but still has ( temporary looking) spectator stands made out of Scaffolding.
    The General Admission tickets gave a poor view... low down, so you can only see a small amount of the track from where you stand and huge mesh fences in the way. I got lots of photos... Of a fence
    At least the sounds, smells and atmosphere of the MotoGP bikes made up for it and we walked at least 21 miles over two days.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby