Why we dislike Cav

Comments

• Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    You must mean grammar, if you are referring to "your" instead of "you're ".
    But noone gives a shit about that.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    As per anyone exposed to small, usually female, children and Frozen:
    "Let it go, let it go..."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    orraloon wrote:
    Cav doesn't bother me anyway
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    He got a silver to add to Britain's excellent medal tally. I think he's OK.

Opinions are like aholes...blah blah blah!

Talking about which, where is the OP?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    RichN95 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Cav doesn't bother me anyway

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Expect why we hate hoy thread to open after he said was just a racing accident and that even viviani said was raving accident, cavs been to see to Korean to appoligse who's out of hospital and back in the village
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Smudgerii wrote:
    Says it all. Regardles of his wins, Cav will never be the fans favourite because he's just an inarticulate, unintelligible and egotistical bloke from the Isle of Man.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olympics ... ailsignout

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olympics ... ailsignout

And "we" think your a prick! Go figure...

Easy now. Play the ball, not the man.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Who are the 'we' in the title?

Yes, please elaborate, Optrex

Multiple personalities. None of them worth talking to.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    So *we* all love Cav (and Trotty and lots of other cyclists)?

Goed zo!

Night all.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    Expect why we hate hoy thread to open after he said was just a racing accident and that even viviani said was raving accident, cavs been to see to Korean to appoligse who's out of hospital and back in the village

A raving accident? Hope they don't test for ecstasy!
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    We?

Sir you do not speak for me.

Seeing the love from all over social media for the Olympians (Particularly the cyclists) means that you are in a minority.

Personally I think Cav is fantastic.
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 214
    He can be a tool at times post race.
    After a win, if he is not blubbing then he is waxing for hours on end about wheel surfing and every pedal turn from 2km out.
    Lose and a perfectly reasonable question is treated as if the interviewer took a p1ss in his bidon
  • People moan that there are no characters in sport, then moan that they hate someone who has character.

I was gonna say Cavendish can't win, but he clearly can - 30 TdF stages, world titles, Olympic medal etc etc.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Like!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    OP has definitely succeed in their trolling attempt. Not a dickybird since the first post.

Well done eyedrops, you are a true toolbag
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Now we all hate Boardman and Balding instead. And Ellen.
  • RichN95.
    Turfle wrote:
    Now we all hate Boardman and Balding instead. And Ellen.
    Who's Ellen?
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    ^
    Ellen.png

Implications of racism.
  • RichN95.
    FocusZing wrote:
    Implications of racism.
    People are insane. So Ellen has decided that Bolt's defining feature is that he's fast while others have decided it's that he's black. Who are the real racists?
  • Turfle
    People really are insane.

I know I shouldn't let twitter be my guide, but apparently this Olympics has had it all. Racism, sexism, Kenny + Trott talking about eugenics. Lavillenie is right, it's 1936 all over again.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Implications of racism.
    People are insane. So Ellen has decided that Bolt's defining feature is that he's fast while others have decided it's that he's black. Who are the real racists?

It's tragic, isn't it
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • EPC06 wrote:
    After a win, if he is not blubbing then he is waxing for hours on end about wheel surfing and every pedal turn from 2km out.
    Lose and a perfectly reasonable question is treated as if the interviewer took a p1ss in his bidon

I think this is one of the main reasons why I really like him - certainly not "grey".
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Emma Trotts been dragged through it too, for being accused of jealousy during an interview in New Zealand, where she lives. It can't be easy for the sibling of a prodigy.
  • EPC06 wrote:

I think this is one of the main reasons why I really like him - certainly not "grey".

100% agree

Brits prefer a flawed genius over a serial winner
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Turfle wrote:

I know I shouldn't let twitter be my guide, but apparently this Olympics has had it all. Racism, sexism, Kenny + Trott talking about eugenics. Lavillenie is right, it's 1936 all over again.

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2016/08/te ... ather.html
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Turfle wrote:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2016/08/te ... ather.html

more historical perspective

“When I came back to my native country, after all the stories about Hitler, I couldn’t ride in the front of the bus. I had to go to the back door. I couldn’t live where I wanted. I wasn’t invited to shake hands with Hitler, but I wasn’t invited to the White House to shake hands with the President, either. Hitler didn’t snub me – it was Roosevelt who snubbed me. The president didn’t even send me a telegram”.
  • Turfle
    Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting it's actually like 1936! I hope my post didn't suggest that.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Turfle wrote:
    Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting it's actually like 1936! I hope my post didn't suggest that.

Not at all.
    You mentioned 1936, I remembered this 'letters of note' post which came up on my FB feed.
    I thought it was a good read so posted it.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    What did Bolt actually have to say on the matter? Twitter seems to be full of people who like to get offended on behalf of others. I'd hazard a guess he wasn't bothered one bit and took it how it was intended, as a joke.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Paul 8v wrote:
    What did Bolt actually have to say on the matter? Twitter seems to be full of people who like to get offended on behalf of others. I'd hazard a guess he wasn't bothered one bit and took it how it was intended, as a joke.

He retweeted it so guessing he saw the funny side.