Bike equipment - gps, heart rate monitor, etc

2»

Comments

• hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Use your phone.

Or get a dedicated phone just for riding and use Ipbike app for android.

If you like Iphone then use Wahoo.

I had/have Garmin 810 and now I use samsung galaxy s7 (bought it especially for riding)

Initially the switch was hard but now I am very very happy with it. Not only I don't miss garmin but I have no idea why no one is developing super app to replace all cycling computers. Why? your phone is way powerful than any of them and not only that it is just wonderful to use the huge screen and you can pick up phone and see message all the time.

All the cycle computer try to sell you with advantages such as wifi or bluetooth connected to your phone so you can receive messages on the cycle computer. Whats the point of that when you can use your phone?

Not only you can access your phone quickly. You not carrying extra weight. Some of my colleage say that they don't want to crash their phone because its expensive. Well a garmin 1000 is £350 so a phone is not that much far off.

Recommended to find a phone that's water resistant though. You can get some really good ones now for less than £200.

OH and if you do get lost use google maps and it will be a god send navigation compared to any of the garmin or wahoo and all free.