Boardman Pro FS 2016

2»

Comments

• nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Finally took the plunge and got the FS Pro yesterday. Happy chap I am. Fells great, fit is better now I've tweeked a couple things and I already like the paint job a lot more than I did when I first saw it in mags back in January.

2 very slight gripes though:-

1) Bloody seat post clamp, though clamped in, was not screwed up enough on the separate thread bolt which led to a lovely deep scratch on the black seat post upon my first ride outside the house last night as it dropped with my weight on the saddle. Dab of black nail polish I suppose to cover up the bright silver. Checked most other parts of the build but missed this one - annoying.

2) Other than Boardman's generic owners manual, I left the shop with no other manuals or equipment. So I specifically requested that I get sent the Rockshox Pike manual along with bottomless tokens that I am led to believe come as standard with them? I have also heard that others new bikes came supplied with a shock pump too? I do already have one, but that's not the point.

Besides these relatively minor points, I really am made up with it. Looking forward to putting it through some proper paces soon to get a full feel for it. Time to sell the other one I suppose...
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    manual is online not that it really tells you anything anyway
  • JayX2A
    JayX2A Posts: 113
    Still looking for size advice. Want to add a dropper and still wondering if people went for 18" or 19"?
  • CBiscuit
    CBiscuit Posts: 27
    I'm 5'8 and found the 18" to be alright. I think any bigger would of been easily too big
  • the shockpump coming with may have been a shop specific deal ( like they run from time to time ) or an offer of say £50 or £100 of accessories with a bike purchase - may even have been a newbie member of staff confusing the old outgoing boardman bikes offer of some goodies ontop of the discounted price to try & flog the old range of bikes etc & in error adding it to the new range bike

i will have to investigate what other paperwork ontop of the boardman book mine came with ( a rockshox sticker at least but not entirely sure what other manuals - i just downloaded manuals from shimano / sram / rockshox etc for all my bikes & keep em on a USB stick with handy how-to videos from youtube ( had a few bikes recently & they have come with various degree's of manuals from just the book & sheet of cable rub stickers to manuals for the front & back mechs & brakes etc too.

i do remember i got my FS pro with 2 grey bottomless tokens ( whether they are correct for the pikes i have no idea, not needed to fit em yet ), there was also a front wheel out brake disk replacement plate ( just bung it in & it clips to the pin securing the pads inplace to prevent the pads from moving if the lever is knocked with the wheel out ) i may have also got a brake bleed block too ( not 100% on this one though as that may have come with my roadbike instead )

i do have a minor concern over the rear monarch RT on mine though, its been weeping oil out down the piston & onto & collecting around the red gauge ring thingy ( its not going further than that part ( YET ) also on the last ride it was making some sucking kinda noises on some of the lumps & bumps ( minor woodland footpaths ( a little rooty ) & pothole strewn gravel farmtracks etc, not full on off road trails ) that i dont remember from the previous rides at all but it still performed great ( same route later in the day on the HT saw a definite difference in posterior poundage from the saddle lol )
  • Just checked the paperwork.

I got the generic owners manual.

Sram brakes leaflet
    2x sram service guides ( identical id numbers )
    Rockshox safety leaflet that covers front n back units ( do's n dont's advice only )
    Rockshox sticker
    4x cable rub stickers ( usually generic like the owners manual )

And i do now believe the brake bleed block came with my road bike instead along with 2x wheel out disk replacement gizmos for that unit too. So only an avid wheel out brake seperator thingy unit n 2x grey bottomless doofers supplied with the fs pro.
  • First post here.
    I have has a pro fs since they were avilable. Cracking spec for the money and so far have had no issues. Took it to BPW and it took everything i could chuck at it. Changed a few bits, SLX brakes as i prefer shimano(nothing wrong with the srams i just like the feel of the shimano leaver), XT shifter and rear mech as i like the double upshift on the XT, Superstar grips and nukeproof pedals.
    28608989473_6c70bfe2a6_z.jpg20160814_145519-01 by matt barton, on Flickr